HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2014, 04:02 PM
Joined Feb 2011
27 Posts
Discussion
Two receiver setup with 9x

Hi,

With Aurora 9 you withdrawn the support for two receivers in one plane.

How is this with the 9x, do you support two receivers with it ?

/Kimi
Kimi is offline Find More Posts by Kimi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2014, 05:03 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,690 Posts
Dual Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
Hi,
With Aurora 9 you withdrawn the support for two receivers in one plane.
How is this with the 9x, do you support two receivers with it ?
/Kimi
The problem relates to transceivers = Optima series.
Optima transmission signal could cause problems.. as per Hitec Tech Service report:
. "Optima Series Receivers - Dual Receiver Warning'
quote:
"Due to the fact that the Optima series of receivers are actually transceivers, they are constantly communicating back and forth with the transmitter. In some dual receiver environments, Hitec has seen that the range of one or both of the receivers can be greatly affected. For this reason, it is strongly suggested that only a single receiver setup be used in any model, regardless of size. Hitec has tested our receivers with all the channels being used with high current draw digital type servos and dual batteries configurations utilizing 2 Y-harnesses. In this scenario the servo bus has been able to handle the current without any issues. If more than 9 servos are needed then it is suggested that a power distribution device be used, such as the kinds offered by Smart Fly or Power Box. For more information click HERE ".

Minima & Maxima are true receivers, not sending back any signal which could cause a conflict
as described above but user does not receive any feedback from the on board system activity.

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual Redundant receivers - The first turned on after the Transmitter will be the recognised telemetry sender.
.. includes Service Bulletin 'Optima Series Receivers - Dual Receiver Warning & Dual Battery recommendations"

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9 X AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:44 AM
Joined Feb 2011
27 Posts
Hi,

It should not be a big thing to release a fw where the tx part in the receiver is
disabled.

I checked and the Aurora 9 is not mentioned to be compatible with Maxima.

Also the Maxima does not have the BODA antenna,

So to get Dual Receiver capability, I must sell my Aurora9 and my 10 receivers and then purchase an Aurora 9x and new receivers and loose your highly promoted BODA antennas and telemetry.

Sound like a real win situation for me.

/Kimi
Old Feb 19, 2014, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
Hi,
It should not be a big thing to release a fw where the tx part in the receiver is
disabled.
I checked and the Aurora 9 is not mentioned to be compatible with Maxima.
Also the Maxima does not have the BODA antenna,
So to get Dual Receiver capability, I must sell my Aurora9 and my 10 receivers and then purchase
an Aurora 9x and new receivers and loose your highly promoted BODA antennas and telemetry.
Sound like a real win situation for me.
/Kimi
Please re-read post #2, the Minima series of receivers are compatible with the Aurora 9.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 04:35 PM
Joined Feb 2011
27 Posts
Hi Alan,
I'm talking about a half size Christen Eagle, I would'nt feel comfort to fly that with two Minimas.

What kind of redundant receiver setup/solution do Hitec offer for this size of plane ?

An answer that redundancy not needed is not accepted.

/Kimi