HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:49 AM
Farmer
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
I got no problem with putting out a new gyro!
I got a problem with the fact that they have not offered any updates for reported problems on the 1000 version.
Its to the point everyone is cross flashing to the ZYX in an attempt to fix problems.
Yet last report from them was "There is no reason for firmware update"
I got one that I can not even put on a heli because It just shake like a scared dog just sitting on the bench with no movement what so ever!
Whoa bench testing a FBL heli is not really a good idea its just going to fight itself.....
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:46 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Whoa bench testing a FBL heli is not really a good idea its just going to fight itself.....
I have 3 FBL Helicopters I know how to set them up and you have to turn on the heli on the bench to set the parameters in it that was when I found the trouble.
I tested it many times with and with out it conected to my PC.
I well try to play with the gains again and see what it dose.
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,262 Posts
Quote:
BF whats your favorite out of the cheapo gyro's i want to try something else other then my zyxs even though its been good to me i want to build another heli just to try another gyro lol
I know you asked BF but i'll throw my 2 cents in the pot too if it's ok.. I have to say hands down I really like the Beastx V1 clone gyros. Very easy to setup without a PC, super stable, works well with different servos, best tail hold/tuning, and best tuned cyclic response/feel..

HobbyMate HB800
BIGAOLE BGL007-007
VCTRC 3GX
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Last edited by ridge_racer; Dec 23, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:29 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
BF whats your favorite out of the cheapo gyro's i want to try something else other then my zyxs even though its been good to me i want to build another heli just to try another gyro lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
I know you asked BF but i'll throw my 2 cents in the pot too if it's ok.. I have to say hands down I really like the Beastx V1 clone gyros. Very easy to setup with a PC, super stable, works well with different servos, best tail hold/tuning, and best tuned cyclic response/feel..

HobbyMate HB800
BIGAOLE BGL007-007
VCTRC 3GX
Yes, I agree with ridge_racer, except I think he meant "without a PC" or "with a TX", as there is currently no PC interface (even though it has a socket for it).

I would also currently list the VCTRC 3GX first, as it's more readily available, it's lighter and the layout of the front panel is much better.

The robird G31/ALZRC 3GY v2 would be next, but mainly because of all of it's features. It still doesn't fly as well as the ones listed above, but it's close.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:52 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,262 Posts
I hate auto correct on this phone sometimes. With=should be without a PC.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Ok guys so VCTRC is it a clone of the align 3gx? (Hope not lol) which on is like bea st x but can be programed via computer?

Thanks again ridge and BF
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:30 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Ok guys so VCTRC is it a clone of the align 3gx? (Hope not lol) which on is like bea st x but can be programed via computer?

The three we listed above are beast x v1 clones. At the moment all 3 cannot be programmed with a PC.

Btw...nice flying in the video you posted in the other thread. Only a year of flying. Awesome.!
Last edited by ridge_racer; Dec 23, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:13 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
To those of you who own both. What is the most prominent difference between BeastX V1 clones and the G31 that puts the BeastX clones above the other one?
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedexas View Post
To those of you who own both. What is the most prominent difference between BeastX V1 clones and the G31 that puts the BeastX clones above the other one?
I currently own both gyros. Personally I feel the cyclic respond to be more precise with the beastx clone. The collective responsive is very linear. Tail tuning is also better. I get even and precise stops in both directions. Granted I don't have the ability to hook up the beastx clone to a PC however setup and tuning is very easy with the led lights.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:38 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:

Thankfully no one has cloned the Align 3GX. It's the only FBL gyro that still uses heli Tx mixing, for some strange reason.

VCTRC made a strange choice when they named their gyro 3GX. It's definitely a Microbeast v1 clone, and sets up the same as my HB800 and very similar to my Microbeast v3. The v3 has a couple more settings for each setup option, and a few extra options. But if you want to experience how a BeastX flies then these clones will give you that experience for a quarter of the price.

Tx setup is very easy and they don't need much, if any, tuning to get them to fly well. Usually tuning can be done by adjusting the 3 pots at the field.
Last edited by beenflying; Dec 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:29 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,262 Posts
FYI....r-hobbies sells the G31(90 bucks), VCTRC 3GX(66 bucks), and HB800(55 bucks).
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:01 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
If you PM Samhobby you will get the VCTRC 3GX for $48 + DHL shipping cost, and get the gyro in 3-4 days depending on holidays.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:44 AM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Thanks guys im going to pick one up to try... how do they compair to the zyxs? I guess I dont mind programming with the tx im sure I can manage with yalls help lol
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:30 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,559 Posts
that's a nice price on the VCTRC, if the DHL shipping is reasonable, but I thought this was the CX 3x2000 thread! I guess nobody has one yet.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:26 PM
new kid on the block
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Nov 2011
373 Posts
hahaha, i might be one of the first people in the US to have one, lol, its somewhere in hong kong right now but you guys know how it goes ordering from china, some random day 2 weeks later it'll be at my front door...
mr.michael.2468 is offline Find More Posts by mr.michael.2468