HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:57 PM
Joined May 2010
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
Maidened yesterday and it sure was fun. Flew absolutely perfect with all of the pointers here on RC Groups. I have 2 timers and did 3 approximately 30 second climbs and ended up with 1:47 of motor on time, and 19:17 total flight time. All settings for crow, flaps, reflex and camber were spot on. I preferred crow on landing because I can give it a bump of power if needed and not get the ballooning that I get with flaps and elevator comp only. My only change needed post flight is to add electronic breaking to the esc because I was getting weather veining on the folding prop. I started and liked the CG back to 125, with a total weight of 6lbs 14.5oz.
Mine hits 125 CG easy with a 4 cell battery Have you played with your CG any since you flew that day. The book calls for 115-120 CG
WallsRoofing71 is offline Find More Posts by WallsRoofing71
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:05 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Sep 2003
170 Posts
No, I'm so happy with the way it flies at 125 that I haven't had the motivation to try anything else. I'm planning to add some telemetry, so I'll have an opportunity when I'm in moving things around. Now that there are more Masala's flying, where has everyone else ended up?
Hilde is offline Find More Posts by Hilde
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:13 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jun 2011
266 Posts
Well I got mine before they sold out again (which they have) but I'm finishing another sailplane before I start the Masala. They sure seem to sell out fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
No, I'm so happy with the way it flies at 125 that I haven't had the motivation to try anything else. I'm planning to add some telemetry, so I'll have an opportunity when I'm in moving things around. Now that there are more Masala's flying, where has everyone else ended up?
NZ7C is offline Find More Posts by NZ7C
Old Nov 06, 2013, 09:06 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,250 Posts
Hilde, I have mine at 125mm
Highfly! is online now Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:51 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ7C View Post
I ordered the kit Thursday and it arrived Monday. I was impressed, The kit itself, to me looks well done. I don't see any negatives at all. In fact I'm quite pleased with it. Weighed out the airframe parts and it's about 75oz. So far I'd have to say this is a fine deal for the money. Will use Hitec 85BB on the ailerons; Hitec 85MG'son the flaps; Hitec 225MG on the rudder; and a Hitec HS-5245MG Digital Servo on the stab.
Wow!!!!!! 75oz,, just the airframe?????? This thing IS HEAVY!!!
My mystique RES all up with everything is only 70.2 oz
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:30 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Wow!!!!!! 75oz,, just the airframe?????? This thing IS HEAVY!!!
My mystique RES all up with everything is only 70.2 oz
My 4 meter ASK 21 is 190 oz. and experienced flyers are adding up to 16 oz more!! And yes, it thermals.
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Nov 21, 2013, 09:41 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,002 Posts
Your ASK 21 at 21 at 190oz is pretty normal for a SCALE ship of that size,,, I have a 4.3m duo discus at 192oz ,,,,, but,,, these aren't TRUELY thermal planes. Just sayin

As an example the latest 4m explorer electric is only 68oz,,,,,,,,,,,,, now THAT'S a thermal plane. ;-)
Last edited by Airman74; Nov 21, 2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 09:49 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,002 Posts
Thermal performance by my limited experience,, is a combination of glide ratio AND glide speed. Glide speed plus glide angle = sink rate ( over simplified) so scale ships have great glide angle,,,, but very very fast speeds,,, hence,,, lower sink rates

I think there's a qualitative difference between : Thermals,,,,,, and ,,,, thermals well. ;-)
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:30 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,651 Posts
And my Pike Perfect is a thermal plane. My response was to keep things in perspective regarding the Masala with totally different construction than the Mystique and aimed at a different market. I didn't understand your reaction I guess. The Mystique is great glider and Peter did a great job, no doubt about it.
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:32 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10FLYR View Post
And my Pike Perfect is a thermal plane. My response was to keep things in perspective regarding the Masala with totally different construction than the Mystique and aimed at a different market. I didn't understand your reaction I guess. The Mystique is great glider and Peter did a great job, no doubt about it.
Ok got it,,, sorry,, didn't mean disrespect
Old Nov 29, 2013, 03:24 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jun 2011
266 Posts
Weight no problem - the Marsala is an excellent sailplane

I'm a lousy pilot with not enough time to learn to get better so my friend who is an incredible sailplane pilot maidened the Marsala for me today. I was near dead calm and she did not want to come down and looks glorious in the air..It is a wonderful saleplane, make no mistake, and the price delivered is amazing. And yes it's super ALES competitive.Also, I've experienced zero negatives with nitroplanes. They delivered amazingly fast and communicated well.
NZ7C is offline Find More Posts by NZ7C
Last edited by NZ7C; Dec 03, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 07:22 PM
Albany, the place to slope off
Australia, WA, Spencer Park
Joined Dec 2008
115 Posts
Masala.

Hi guys.
Just finished reading through the thread and found lots of usfull information.
I took the punt before reading and already ordered the Masala, should be here in a week or so as its coming from China.
Looking forward to having as much fun as everyone else thats posted on here.

Steve
MosyCott is offline Find More Posts by MosyCott
Old Feb 14, 2014, 09:27 PM
Spearheading an Alliance
United States, CO, Aspen
Joined Oct 2010
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosyCott View Post
Hi guys.
Just finished reading through the thread and found lots of usfull information.
I took the punt before reading and already ordered the Masala, should be here in a week or so as its coming from China.
Looking forward to having as much fun as everyone else thats posted on here.

Steve

Can you post where you ordered from....Nitroplanes has been out of stock for awhile?
BravoGolf is online now Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Old Feb 14, 2014, 09:57 PM
Quebec Aerotow Association
Canada, QC, st-jean-sur-richelieu
Joined May 2010
552 Posts
There are 2 places you can buy it from.

Topmodel.fr which manufacture the masala under the Xpower label. It's name is the KRASIVO 2 3,48m ARF.

http://www.topmodel.fr/en/product-de...ivo-2-348m-arf

The other is singapore hobby. Just look under gliders and it's the Ok models Masala.

I have not made any purchases from singapore hobby so ignore their service level.

I can vouch for Topmodel france. Excellent Service and products.
Charlescd is offline Find More Posts by Charlescd
Old Feb 16, 2014, 07:03 PM
gmz
booneville, ar
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
fyi

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Masal...644141448.html

May want to check this out.
gmz is offline Find More Posts by gmz