HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
Anyone...???
Why do you need to glue the wing together?? It wont add strength. If you really want to tho..

Line the wing saddle with masking tape. Use 5 min epoxy or something similar. Apply the glue, with the spar!!! Mount the wing on the plane as if you're about to fly. Wipe away excess glue. It should come away from the fus cleanly.

Easiest way I can think of.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:34 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
Why do you need to glue the wing together?? It wont add strength. If you really want to tho..

Line the wing saddle with masking tape. Use 5 min epoxy or something similar. Apply the glue, with the spar!!! Mount the wing on the plane as if you're about to fly. Wipe away excess glue. It should come away from the fus cleanly.

Easiest way I can think of.
Along with this before you get started, use a nail or something sharp to make some puncture holes on each wings area you intend to glue, without doing this it won't have much to grab hold of but using this method enables the epoxy or glue to seep into the wings and have more of a physical hold than just a chemical bond.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:37 PM
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
But really there's no need to glue the halves together structurally speaking. The fus holds the wings together in-flight. I have mine spot glued with CA, and some tape on the bottom and leading edge. This was to keep the halves together as I have one wire going to both sides of the wing for the servos
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Dec 2010
136 Posts
Quote:
Use 5 min epoxy or something similar.
Epoxy doesn't hold to epo.
CA works, PU (Polyurethane wood glue) is best because it remains flexible and expands to fill gaps in the foam but its slow curing and messy. Get it in white if you can
mich75 is offline Find More Posts by mich75
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:59 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich75 View Post
Epoxy doesn't hold to epo.
CA works, PU (Polyurethane wood glue) is best because it remains flexible and expands to fill gaps in the foam but its slow curing and messy. Get it in white if you can
+1 on the PU glue, and deffinately use my earlier tip if going with PU!
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:07 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
11,385 Posts
I heard the white PU was has less adhesive force than the brown ? Was I mislead ?
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Dec 2010
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
I heard the white PU was has less adhesive force than the brown ? Was I mislead ?
I only recommended the white from an aesthetic viewpoint... No idea if its any weaker
mich75 is offline Find More Posts by mich75
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Hey guies,
Im a noob and need some help with my video system. I created a video to display the problem im having.

FPV video issues 1.3G transmitter and receiver form BEVRC (2 min 16 sec)
head_sh0t_pro is offline Find More Posts by head_sh0t_pro
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Jun 2010
408 Posts
Why you guys care about glue color ?? most of you fly FPV ..so screw how the Skywalker looks like...important is it should fly as best as possible.I just glue pine wood rod along tail using gorilla glue and laminate "middle section of my wings" as I keep them together glued because fit VTX and receiver on wingtips. Best option for FPV ,keep them away as possible.
Don't care about look ,already got like 6 flights done..dirty as s...t..but flying nicely.
marcin.gala is offline Find More Posts by marcin.gala
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich75 View Post
I only recommended the white from an aesthetic viewpoint... No idea if its any weaker
I've noticed that the white dries a little softer than the yellow, which is rock hard. The white might be a little weaker, but if done properly, not by much. But again, the wing joint sees NO LOAD. lol.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:17 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Here is my Skywalker, Just showing it up,

I like the Idea of Just plain but I need it some simple orientation,
I am running eagle Tree system, I am really happy with both products, Eagle tree is phenomenal, but i had a hard time trying to undertand the product, and still there are some areas that i am still asking questions bout it,
so here it is and thank you for looking at it

Ari
BladeRex is offline Find More Posts by BladeRex
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:21 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by head_sh0t_pro View Post
Hey guies,
Im a noob and need some help with my video system. I created a video to display the problem im having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEUzmhQYVWo
Are you using the stock antennas? or you made ones?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
to answer a few more questions I have received about my problem:
Are they stock antennas?....Yes

Have you checked your battery voltages?...yes it is fully charged. Also I have powered with another adapter, but the problem continues.

Also was suggested to use my camera, but I do not have my camera in yet and am limited to common device such as a dvd player to test video out.

Thanks for all your help guys...keep the suggestions coming
head_sh0t_pro is offline Find More Posts by head_sh0t_pro
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Quote:

Have you checked your battery voltages?...yes it is fully charged. Also I have powered with another adapter, but the problem continues.

Also was suggested to use my camera, but I do not have my camera in yet and am limited to common device such as a dvd player to test video out.

This might sounds extremely weird, but have you tried to change Chanel's?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:58 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,143 Posts
Quote:

It looks like the channels are not synced between the Rx & Tx, so could be faulty unit or just need to have the frequency fine tuned to each other. Not sure if they are user adjustable.!
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk