HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:35 AM
In my Prayers
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIR/Cer View Post
Anyone buy one of these yet? Looks like a S107.
IMHO, I don't see anything "EXtreme" about this, and yes, it does look like an ordinary S107. It looks like just a fancy packaging job. Kinda like a fancy fishing lure that catches fishermen and not fish. On the box they make you think it's a "gig" by putting the "3.5g", when in fact it's a "3.5C" (channel). And where is the tail rotor

Oh, and it comes with spare "wings" I love that part

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:48 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,813 Posts
Interesting find, HIR/Cer. Thanks for sharing. Looks to me a re-badged Syma S107G classic. Like T2 was saying, I wonder if you could verify the claims for charge time and flight time, cause those are bold claims. And Mike, I'm sure that the tail rotor is there, just turned, so that it didn't show up good in the picture. The packaging of the S107 does allow it to be turned that way. Having a couple of spare rotors (blades, or wings, or whatever you call them) is nice.

When you get a chance, please share some naked photos of the HELICOPTER, not the OWNER, . I'd like to see what's under the hood. Curious to see what capacity battery they gave you, what the PCB looks like, etc. And the $1M question is, is it compatible with Syma's Tx? In other words, is it a re-badged, or a fake? And was that sticker price you paid for the bird? Where did you pick that up? I know that some seasonal places are going to start selling these for Christmas.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:54 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Interesting find, HIR/Cer. Thanks for sharing. Looks to me a re-badged Syma S107G classic. Like T2 was saying, I wonder if you could verify the claims for charge time and flight time, cause those are bold claims. And Mike, I'm sure that the tail rotor is there, just turned, so that it didn't show up good in the picture. The packaging of the S107 does allow it to be turned that way. Having a couple of spare rotors (blades, or wings, or whatever you call them) is nice.

When you get a chance, please share some naked photos of the HELICOPTER, not the OWNER, . I'd like to see what's under the hood. Curious to see what capacity battery they gave you, what the PCB looks like, etc. And the $1M question is, is it compatible with Syma's Tx? In other words, is it a re-badged, or a fake? And was that sticker price you paid for the bird? Where did you pick that up? I know that some seasonal places are going to start selling these for Christmas.

Also, what kind of charging plug...ALDI is selling fake symas starting on the 7th.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5,813 Posts
From the picture we have, it seems to have the same squarish plug that Syma uses. Obviously, I couldn't tell the polarity by looking at that picture.

ALDI is back selling fake Symas for Christmas, huh? FWIW, those ALDI versions weren't all bad. Are you gonna more, Jake?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:17 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Quote:
From the picture we have, it seems to have the same squarish plug that Syma uses. Obviously, I couldn't tell the polarity by looking at that picture.

ALDI is back selling fake Symas for Christmas, huh? FWIW, those ALDI versions weren't all bad. Are you gonna more, Jake?
I have too many now....have a LT-711 coming in the mail I got a good deal on.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5,813 Posts
Meh, It is impossible to have too many S107s.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:20 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Too many helis periiod...here is the ALDI one:

Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:51 AM
Joined Apr 2005
343 Posts
Quote:

Hi HP,
No nekked pics of the heli and definitely not of the owner! I do not own the S-3.5G and most likely will not for awhile. The pix came from an eBay listing (item no. 130785182768) which was ended early by the seller. Here's another pix from that same listing. Anyone drooling?
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:21 AM
Joined Aug 2011
5,813 Posts
I see. I'm kinda glad that you didn't buy it. For one, I think it's over priced, even for a genuine Syma. Not to mention that it hasn't been authenticated as a real one. So, I would stay away from this eBay deal and buy genuine ones cheaper elsewhere.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:11 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
My original aging Syma S107g...still as good as the day I got it...(long time ago).

SYMAS107G SDA (1 min 56 sec)
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:45 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIR/Cer View Post
Anyone buy one of these yet? Looks like a S107.
The local Circle-K choke & pukes have been selling those in this area for the last three or four months.
Yes, they're certainly "real" Syma S107G's. Just boxed differently for Shell Station owners/retailers.

I keep forgetting to drop off my phone number off (for when the warranty work blows up in their faces ).
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Carbon Fiber S107G

This is a pic of my custom built carbon fiber S107G. Hand made by Mark Hardy. This thing is super fast maybe 2-3 times faster than a stock model. check out his website www.carbonfibers107.com
Pacman39 is offline Find More Posts by Pacman39
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Dec 2006
151 Posts
You guys need to check out the WLtoys V319. It is similar to our S107s (I have 2) but shoots water while flying. I put a video on Youtube today. The grand kids loved it, the dogs, not so much. It did cost about as much as my two S107s combined though.

WLtoys V319 Water Spray Helicopter (8 min 41 sec)
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
Isn't it a little early to be putting the Christmas tree up? ;-)

Nice video though, looks like fun!
mebillica is offline Find More Posts by mebillica
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Dec 2006
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebillica View Post
Isn't it a little early to be putting the Christmas tree up? ;-)

Nice video though, looks like fun!
The wife bought the tree on QVC last week.
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro