HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2008, 05:36 PM
Two left thumbs
Muncie, IN
Joined Sep 2006
4,244 Posts
Discussion
Ambroid

Peck Polymers has sold Ambroid for a long time, but it seems to be in very short supply lately. What's happening with the new ownership at Ambroid? Are they having sufficient trouble that I should give up ever getting the 3.2oz tubes again? You haven't had it for ages!

Geoff
GeoffinIN is offline Find More Posts by GeoffinIN
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:57 PM
Peck Polymers
Joined Jan 2007
96 Posts
Not aware of Ambroid having new ownership, but they sure do have supply problems. They are difficult to reach, take forever to ship items they do have in stock, and seem to have no real desire to maintain an inventory. We have had 3.2 oz tubes on order with them for about 1-1/2 years now. Always a good story about what the status is, but still haven't gotten any. We did get 1.8 oz tubes from them, but now they say they are out of those with no ETA other than after the 3.2 oz. We have also getten in quarts and pints. My suggestions is get it in any size you can and don't count on a steady future supply.

Tim
A2Z Corp
A2ZTim is offline Find More Posts by A2ZTim
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:02 PM
Two left thumbs
Muncie, IN
Joined Sep 2006
4,244 Posts
Thanks, Tim. I'll be calling in an order for a quart soon. It's a real pity they've become such flakes. IMHO, nothing else works as well for sheeting and planking.

Geoff
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:35 PM
Joined May 2005
767 Posts
I love Elmer's Glue All, can find it everywhere.
scigs30 is online now Find More Posts by scigs30
Old Sep 27, 2008, 11:09 PM
Peck Polymers
Joined Jan 2007
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
I love Elmer's Glue All, can find it everywhere.
It is great glue for around the house, but has limited uses for flying models. It is heavy compared to Ambroid, does not bond well to non-porous items (nose bearing, tail hooks, boron, carbon, etc), and slow to dry. But if you like it by all means use it. Personally, I am an Ambroid person and brought a quart home just to be sure I have an unending supply.

Tim
A2Z Crop
Old Oct 05, 2008, 08:28 PM
Two left thumbs
Muncie, IN
Joined Sep 2006
4,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2ZTim
Personally, I am an Ambroid person and brought a quart home just to be sure I have an unending supply.

Tim
A2Z Crop
I've got a quart on order. I just hope it has a long shelf life! Too bad the new owners are such flakes. Or maybe it's the EPA that's causing them trouble. Either way, it ain't good!

Geoff
Old Dec 26, 2008, 09:44 AM
Peck Polymers
Joined Jan 2007
96 Posts
As of late 2008 Ambroid 3.2 oz tubes are again available and in good supply. Now the manufacturer is out of the smaller 1.8 oz tubes and expects it to be 6+ months until the small tubes are again shipping. At Peck we have a good stock of 3.2 oz tubes, pints, and quarts now.

Tim
A2Z Corp
Peck Polymers, Indoor Model Supply, Sting Aero divisions
1530 W Tufts Ave Unit B
Englewood CO 80110

www.A2ZCorp.us/store

The worlds best flying laser cut peanuts.
Over 1000+ Free Flight items and 300+ kits in stock!
Old May 11, 2009, 07:05 PM
All flight is 3D.
various parts of NY
Joined Jan 2009
941 Posts
To my knowledge Ambroid is a celluloid based glue. In a pinch when I didn;t have any Ambroid on hand I have used Duco Cement which is also a celluloid based glue, quite similar to Ambroid.

I am a big fan of Ambroid (or celuloid glues) in general. I find them superior for many repairs involving wood and plastic.
Lamedico is offline Find More Posts by Lamedico
Old May 19, 2009, 12:36 PM
Joined May 2009
4 Posts
Ambroid missed

I should have ordered a tube of Ambroid in my last order I just got in at peck polymers, I have been using tite bond and for the balsa sheeting I have been using super glue. I did order some super phalic the add said it works well and is light wieght. I hope I did ok.. my next order I will get some Ambroid because super glue is really unforgiving
cliff9587 is offline Find More Posts by cliff9587