SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 21, 2002, 12:35 PM
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined May 2002
1,694 Posts
Will I be disappointed?

I have been flying a Mini Maxx and having a lot of fun. I just saw a listing for the Lite Stik for $22.50.
Three for $21.50 ea.

//www.hobbyclub.com/lite-stik.htm

I am having a hard time passing it up. Will I be disappointed with the Lite Stik after the Mini Maxx?
jrgospod is offline Find More Posts by jrgospod
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2002, 02:44 PM
Plane hugging cat
Mackay Queensland Australia
Joined Sep 2001
1,355 Posts
One advantage the Lite Stik may have over the Mini Max is that it will fly slower therefore requiring less space to fly in.

At 22.50 it sounds like it may be fun just to muck about with.
Vonbaron is offline Find More Posts by Vonbaron
Old Oct 21, 2002, 02:58 PM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
Look at it this way - I sell just the motor for $18. It's a great deal. If you don't like the plane, use the motor on a scratch built.

Doug
Mountain Models
CoClimber is offline Find More Posts by CoClimber
Old Oct 21, 2002, 03:19 PM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,521 Posts
I've flown a Lite Stick for about 2 years now and loved it. It will fly in some very tight spaces... I just (reluctantly ) took all the goodies out to put in my soon to be compleated MM DuskStick.

At that price you really don't have anything to loose. It will not fly like the MinMax ( better IMO).
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Oct 21, 2002, 05:14 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Get it!

I like my LiteStik better than my MiniMax, because it's nothing like a stock one

There are so many mods you can do to customize it for yourself, that it's kinda like the VW Beettle of the R/C E-Planes.

Mines heavy and overpowered, unbreakable (as long as there's CA, Epoxy, ProBond and packing tape, it's only disjointed, not broken) and FUN!

Just last weekend, a buddy called his 'old dependable' His has been broken in half at least twice, and splinted back together with plywood. Still flies good.

The MiniMax is great for flying right when built according to the instructions. The LiteStik flies kinda poorly (imo) when built stock, but modified it's great.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Oct 22, 2002, 12:01 PM
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined May 2002
1,694 Posts
Hi all!

Thanks for the great responses! I ordered five for myself and friends. At $20.00 each I guess I canít go too far wrong. I also ordered a Potensky charger for my Li-Ion battery packs. A friend has one and that is the only way to go. I got a 41 minute flight on Sunday with my Mini Maxx and a two cell Li-ion pack. My neck is sore!!!!
jrgospod is offline Find More Posts by jrgospod
Old Oct 22, 2002, 01:19 PM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
Hi,

If you are getting a Litestick then I think you need to read this page. If you don't make ANY other mod then at least follow the advice about increasing the dihedral otherwise you may find it quite tricky to turn (everyone else did!).

Cliff
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
Old Oct 22, 2002, 02:16 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,801 Posts
I keep one or 2 around just for spares, they are great little planes.

However they fly fine without the wing mod, just some prefer them.

Just putting around is fun with no stress at all
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk