HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2014, 02:59 PM
Bam!
United Kingdom, Wiltshire
Joined Aug 2014
37 Posts
Help!
Advice on my first FPV system before purchasing please!

Hi guys

So for the last couple of months I've been thinking a lot about getting an FPV system to put on one of my planes. Specifically a HobbyKing SkyEye which I bought in the summer to use for FPV and is now setup nicely running on 4S with a 5000mAh battery.

I decided that I want to get some of the new FatShark DominatorV2 (or even the HD) goggles but they aren't very easy to come by right now. Plus I'm a bit short on hobby cash at the mo. So I thought about getting some HK Teleporter v3's and then selling them when I want to upgrade to V2s or HDs. Then the other day I saw the Quanum 7" TFT screen and thought I could build my first system around that (and not have to sell some goggles in the future that way).

So I've put together this list of parts to buy from HobbyKing, but I thought it would be a good idea to post in here first to get some feedback on whether or not this is a decent system to get started with? I'm reasonably confident the VTX is compatible with the Quanum 32ch TFT VRX
  1. Quanum 7inch Auto Scan 32CH 5.8GHz Diversity Monitor With Built In Battery (link)
  2. Fatshark 600TVL High Resolution FPV Tuned Pan/Tilt CMOS Camera (link)
  3. ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz Audio/Video Transmitter - FatShark compatible (600mw) (link)
  4. Immersion Fatshark SpiroNET CP Patch 5.8GHz Antenna (SMA) 13dBi Gain (link)
  5. ImmersionRC 5.8GHz Circular Polarized SpiroNet Antenna V2 (SMA) (link)
  6. Plus various SMA and RP-SMA RF adapters and extensions from eBay - primarily for the patch antenna as I don't think it will fit straight on to the TFT.

I already have a tripod to put the TFT on. Next year when the bank account has recovered I'll be looking at adding HKPilot APM 2.7 system with minimOSD.

Thoughts?
engnr is offline Find More Posts by engnr
Last edited by engnr; Oct 15, 2014 at 03:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2014, 03:32 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,778 Posts
Get a 800TVL WDR camera.
I started with lower quality and was not happy.
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 16, 2014, 01:25 AM
Bam!
United Kingdom, Wiltshire
Joined Aug 2014
37 Posts
Thanks for the tip.. do you mean something like this? (just googled for "800TVL FPV"):

http://www.tecnic.co.uk/Sony-800-TVL...tic-Cased.html
engnr is offline Find More Posts by engnr
Old Oct 16, 2014, 05:13 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by engnr View Post
Thanks for the tip.. do you mean something like this? (just googled for "800TVL FPV"):

http://www.tecnic.co.uk/Sony-800-TVL...tic-Cased.html
NO you want onw with the new Effio-V chip set.
http://www.surveilzone.com/advanced_...categories_id=

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Today, 10:45 AM
Joined Jul 2013
483 Posts
Here is the test video of SurveilZone effio-V 800tvl ultra WDR camera CC1526, great image:
FPV fun with my Swift 2 (3 min 25 sec)
davidsz is offline Find More Posts by davidsz