SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 18, 2014, 03:36 PM
Joined Aug 2013
15 Posts
Discussion
Simple question on reversing an ESC

I am in the middle of my first quad build right now.

I am using the HobbyKing Blue series ESC. The programmer has an option to reverse direction. Is that ok to do, vs changing the wires.

The wires are hidden and it will save me a lot of time if I can just program the ESC.

Thanks
robin
RobinBones is offline Find More Posts by RobinBones
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2014, 04:04 PM
Condescending Pedant
Joined Aug 2013
898 Posts
It will be fine to do it through ESC configuration. I have seen some people recommend against using the ESC configuration because if the ESC somehow gets reset to defaults, the motor will run in the wrong direction. So if that happens just reverse it again.
Mike Dubovsky is online now Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky