HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 05, 2013, 07:47 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2004
620 Posts
Vario

I have just started to work with the MVario.

Anyone else working with this unit?

It is a very useful item for getting to know a new ALES model's characteristics.

I have set mine up so that I can switch the vario signal on and off, set the height reporting on or off, and set the altitude warning limit too.

So far I have only used it in my "test-bed" Radian, but it will be going into my "Penumbra" soon.

For such a small unit it is a very capable device. The dimensions are smaller than a CAM, RAM2 and a Altis 4. Amazing!!

Iain
rev.iain is offline Find More Posts by rev.iain
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2014, 09:27 PM
Joined May 2014
32 Posts
I own a Sky Assistant Vario. Just bought the DS-16 with MVario (and GPS, just for fun in my Eagle 3.6).
The Mvario weighs only .2oz. The Sky Assistant weighs about .6, and requires a handheld radio receiver (which receives a bit of static too).
Looking forward to first flight the Jeti and Mvario this weekend. The MVario sounds a little all over the place in a Youtube video I watched. It sounded like the model is rocketing upward one second and not, the next second. Not a gradual increase or decreasing tone I am used to.
I have configured the dead zone to -.25 ~ +.25 m/s, and the momentary switch to read Altitude, then climb rate, then receiver voltage. And when switch SF is flipped, the altitude is read out every 60 seconds.
I had a hard time getting the SkyAssistant to read altitude WHEN I wanted it to. Sometimes I would wait a long time for the reading. Sometimes it would read it over and over so that I couldn't hear the vario beeps. So I love the Mvario so far. Just have to see it (and hear it) in action!
JetiFXJ is offline Find More Posts by JetiFXJ
Old May 16, 2014, 03:29 PM
Joined May 2014
32 Posts
rev.iain, How do you get a push button on a stick? I think I have also seen a stick with a lever on top of it. I would like to have a lever or button on a stick.
JetiFXJ is offline Find More Posts by JetiFXJ
Old May 16, 2014, 10:49 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2004
620 Posts
Stick top push buttons

Esprit has the stick top with the switch on their website. They are fairly easy to install, but be careful with the soldering to the pcb, it takes a small soldering iron and a steady hand.

Here is the link, go about 3/4 way down the page: http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tran...cessories.aspx

Iain
rev.iain is offline Find More Posts by rev.iain
Last edited by rev.iain; May 16, 2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: added info.
Old May 17, 2014, 07:36 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetiFXJ View Post
rev.iain, How do you get a push button on a stick? I think I have also seen a stick with a lever on top of it. I would like to have a lever or button on a stick.
Have a look at this thread for a video and a few pics and advice

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....highlight=Push
Puttputtmaru is online now Find More Posts by Puttputtmaru