HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2013, 04:41 PM
I win again!! - mother gravity
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
But, you will probably be doing something entirely different in 2 or 3 years.
ooooh, i hope not. I went from wanting to be a computer programmer, to electrician, to fighter pilot, to video editor, to commercial pilot....hehe, and now I am a tile installer with an RC heli !!pretty neat, huh ?

I'm 26 right now, so you're right about me being young, but I feel so grown up now !! oh, and about my reflexes...hehe, i wonder if i'm going to ever get out of this eternal tail-in hover of doom....i'm too afraid to go into a flight maybe I'm a broken young buck....my reflexes just don't work right when it comes to throwing balls and flying helis. Well, the balls i can probably can explain, cos i don't play with them all the time, but helis, probably cos i always have jungle in front of me, fence to the right, grapefruit tree to the left, along with bird feeder and birds that don't care about my heli and to the back, i have a wall, that i'm pinned down to. hehe, but the skies are limitless in vertical.
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:21 AM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,227 Posts
Hi mate balr14 is spot on I see myself as an older learner at 52 so has taken me longer to learn and lots more wasted money on the wrong thing but once balr14 showed me the route to take via a small quad and an mpcx I am now flying a 450 quad and an trex 450 I want to try 3d but I feel I will just smash things but may be you should get a quad or mpcx and fly nose on if you crash it wont cost much if any thing to repair and it will get you flying in all directions kind regards neil
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:39 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
The physical limitations that effect us "old folk" are difficult for youngsters to comprehend. When you can learn to fly a small self-stabilizing FP heli in two hours, instead of 6 months, you aren't investing a lot of wasted time on anything.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:56 AM
Joined Jul 2013
7 Posts
I received my V911-1
Is there any manual online for it and TX?

When I try to start it, it just leans on right and just fall on right side?

Any help?
Begginer2013 is offline Find More Posts by Begginer2013
Old Aug 15, 2013, 04:50 AM
Joined Feb 2013
121 Posts
I check out all the links that you have mentioned here and i cant suggest you any one of the heli between them, i am also the rv heli flyr and i would suggest you "Radio Control Helicopter - E-Razor 250 XFP 4Ch RTF - 2.4GHz SKU: DY8898".I found this while searching onthe internet and i found it the best heli for the beginners.It has many features such as
Solid metal rotor head
Single shaft driven tail rotor
High quality hobby grade RC model Dynam
Made of high quality composite and metal
Carbon rotor shaft.

Regards.
Andy.
Andy789 is offline Find More Posts by Andy789
Old Aug 15, 2013, 08:38 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begginer2013 View Post
I received my V911-1
Is there any manual online for it and TX?

When I try to start it, it just leans on right and just fall on right side?

Any help?
It's possible the swashplate isn't level or there's a transmitter trim setting that needs adjusting, but it's more likely normal behavior you need to learn to deal with.

Andy: That Erazor-250-XFP certainly looks like a step up from all of the toy grade FP helis. However, it uses the same tail drive system Walkera used on several models and Nine Eagles also tried (I believe this is a rebadged NE model). That tail drive system breaks gears easily and has lots of friction. It's hard to say if it's worth a try.
Last edited by Balr14; Aug 15, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 01:20 PM
Joined Jul 2013
7 Posts
Is there any manual for Wltoys v911-1 or v912 and transmitter to read?

Thank you,
Old Aug 15, 2013, 01:55 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
You should probably check those threads, or ask in the micro-heli forum.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Jul 2013
7 Posts
I dont know how to look, because there is a lot of threads with v911 but I cant find user manual for helicopter or transmitter, anyone know where to find?

Thank you
Old Aug 17, 2013, 02:50 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
http://wltoys.wikia.com/wiki/WLToys_V911

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2013, 03:16 PM
random person
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Helicopter not flying properly

I've got a question... I just got my wltoys v912 heli today, and I tried to fly it and it wont stay steady!

Its my third helicopter, but I'm still fairly new.
I'm not sure how to fix it, or if I'm just clueless.
When its on mode one or two, the tail rotor seems to overpower the rest of my helicopter and it spins in uncontrollable circles. When its on mode 3 or 4, it drifts off to the right. I've tried to fix the trim, but that does nothing.
On mode one and two, the rotor blade on the controllers' screen thing is showing that there are 3 bars on the right side, which I assume is making it spin so much, and I can't get the bars to go back down, like how it shows in the manual (which says nothing about how to fix it).
On mode three and four, it's the little direction thingy that shows 3 bars on the right side, which wont go down either.

I just tried to fly it a little while ago, and it started to smell like burning electrics in the room, and then the tail motor started smoking and stopped. It seems as though it burnt out, and i literally just got it 5 hours ago, and only 'flew' it twice.

By now I'm pretty sure that there is actually something wrong with it.

I really don't know what to do.

If anyone knows how to help, I would really appreciate it!
Random Person is offline Find More Posts by Random Person
Last edited by Random Person; Aug 21, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 05:46 PM
Joined Mar 2013
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Person View Post
I've got a question... I just got my wltoys v912 heli today, and I tried to fly it and it wont stay steady!
Try here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803090

By the way, every time I got a new heli -- v911, v912, v922 -- I was convinced that it was broken. They were all perfectly fine.
JustStartingRC is offline Find More Posts by JustStartingRC
Old Sep 03, 2013, 05:53 PM
random person
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStartingRC View Post
Try here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803090

By the way, every time I got a new heli -- v911, v912, v922 -- I was convinced that it was broken. They were all perfectly fine.

Actually, turns out the tail motor exploded. The company is going to replace it, along with a new board because we think it was sending to much voltage to the motor, making it go crazy.
Thanks anyways, though.
Random Person is offline Find More Posts by Random Person
Old Jan 26, 2014, 05:59 PM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy789 View Post
... i would suggest you "Radio Control Helicopter - E-Razor 250 XFP 4Ch RTF - 2.4GHz SKU: DY8898".I found this while searching onthe internet and i found it the best heli for the beginners.It has many features such as
Solid metal rotor head
Single shaft driven tail rotor
High quality hobby grade RC model Dynam
Made of high quality composite and metal
Carbon rotor shaft.
Why isn't there more information on this helicopter? Is it bad? Does anyone have one?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730471

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
RCG Plus Member