HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2013, 07:04 PM
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
398 Posts
Discussion
Citation Kit is here!

OK, not even going to talk about how much I paid and if it is worth it or not. But my Citation kit arrived from Chuck and his Japanese connections and I couldn't be happier! The kit is as beautiful as I remembered it looked like in 1982. The Citation was going to be my #1 model in 1983 and I was going to fly it at the world Champs. But it crashed from low batteries only 20 flights in to it's life, so I flew a Tiporare. But it sure was a great model! I consider it, along with the Naruke Cosmos, to be the ultimate Pre-Turnaround designs. Trike gear, inverted RE engines, enclosed tuned pipes. The Citation also has flaps.

I have a couple of things to get done in front of it but I will be starting on it soon. I'll do a build thread as I go along. Can't wait to see this in the air!
TonyF is offline Find More Posts by TonyF
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2013, 08:58 PM
United States, IL
Joined Dec 2011
85 Posts
Looking forward to the build Tony.
tiporare is online now Find More Posts by tiporare
Old Jul 08, 2013, 10:19 PM
JOE MOCERI
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Nov 2006
30 Posts
Tony Do you plan to have the plans scanned or copied? I would like to have a set to add to my collection. Please PM me with any information or post here.
Looking forward to your build of the kit,
Thanks, Joe
JMDESIGNS is offline Find More Posts by JMDESIGNS
Old Jul 08, 2013, 10:47 PM
United States, CA, Norco
Joined Feb 2007
457 Posts
Joe,

Here's a copy.

Bryan
Roguedog is offline Find More Posts by Roguedog
Old Jul 08, 2013, 10:55 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2001
158 Posts
Just beautiful!! Can't wait to see it Tony.

Will be awesome to see it come to life again and flying 30 years after the world champs. Really a classic.

Matt
Huang is offline Find More Posts by Huang
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2013, 08:20 AM
AKA 8178
Joined May 2004
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
OK, not even going to talk about how much I paid and if it is worth it or not. But my Citation kit arrived from Chuck and his Japanese connections and I couldn't be happier! The kit is as beautiful as I remembered it looked like in 1982. The Citation was going to be my #1 model in 1983 and I was going to fly it at the world Champs. But it crashed from low batteries only 20 flights in to it's life, so I flew a Tiporare. But it sure was a great model! I consider it, along with the Naruke Cosmos, to be the ultimate Pre-Turnaround designs. Trike gear, inverted RE engines, enclosed tuned pipes. The Citation also has flaps.

I have a couple of things to get done in front of it but I will be starting on it soon. I'll do a build thread as I go along. Can't wait to see this in the air!
Tony,

Beautiful kit, almost too nice to build. Have you thought about just using the kit as templates for your build?

Mike
Jet_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Jet_Flyer
Old Jul 09, 2013, 11:16 AM
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
398 Posts
I'm going to make templates as I build, just so I can build another if I like. But I have no problem using the stuff in the kit. I'm not in to having kits just to look at them. Kits are meant to be built and flown!
Old Jul 13, 2013, 01:11 AM
AMA MEMBER
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2010
396 Posts
Tony

I am getting ready to cut cores for the citation kit I'm making and the plan shows me the wing and stab root rib but I would like to know the thickness of the wing and stab tip ribs. Can you measure you kit parts for me?

Thanks
Don
frequentflyer1 is offline Find More Posts by frequentflyer1
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:20 PM
Paul Pappas AMA 42520
CT,USA
Joined Aug 2008
1,108 Posts
Hey Tony, Count me in!

Iíll be following along. Iím really interested in seeing the Citation come alive!

Iíve always wanted to fly this design, have you decided on what youíll be using for an engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
Pitstop000 is offline Find More Posts by Pitstop000
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JR 28X / JRís Flagship Radio!
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:48 PM
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
398 Posts
Hi Don,

I'll try to get to a measurement soon. I take it you want the wing thickness at the tips?

There are some very interesting things being worked on regarding an engine for this model. If they come to be I'll report as soon as I can.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:08 AM
AMA MEMBER
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2010
396 Posts
Yes the thick part of the last rib.
frequentflyer1 is offline Find More Posts by frequentflyer1