pos 4 75.0%
pos H 100.0%
HOLD
pos L 0.0%
pos 2 0.0%
pos 3 0.0%
pos 4 0.0%
pos H 0.0%
Took me ages to find that, gonna stick it in my post so I can find it another time. Just ignore me, I'm talking to myself, sticking a post it note in the middle of a thread
Toothfairy is offline Find More Posts by Toothfairy
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,619 Posts
using heli mode on the Dx7s

I would like to fly my nano with a curved throttle response, the only way I know how to get that on the Dx7s is to use the heli mode. BUT then aux 1 dissapears and is replaced by pitch which is slaved to the throttle. Does anyone know how to decouple that channel from throttle and to operate it as a momentry switch on say the trainer button?

Thanks

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
proud to be orange!
Australia, NSW, Avoca Beach
Joined Jul 2013
1,656 Posts
NEW Blade Nano QX

Thats the issue with the "dumb" computer radios such as the Spektrums: they do all sorts of "smart" stuff for you. With an OpenTX radio, you basically start programming your model from scratch. Its harder to begin with, but waaay better when you worked it out.

Littel story: I used to race offroad cars. A few month back, I went down memory lane and drove to my old racing club. Setup my SC10 on my 9XR. Configured a custom throttle and steering curve for the fast sections on the left gimbal, and different curves (more steering, less throttle) on the right gimbal for the infield.
It took me an hour or two to set it up. People started laughing at me.
They stopped laughing and started to cry foul when we started racing. I was able to run lap after lap very consistenly, and beat folks with way more race experience, because the car was just 100% dialed in.

Same with flying micro quads. Just that the tuning methods are way more extensive. People watch me flying and say "how did you learn THAT?". Its much more setup skills than pilot skills.

Hope that encourages some of you RTF Tx pilots to get yourself a decent radio.
Its a world of difference, and custom curves on all channels are the key difference. Previously only found in very expensive radios..

Time to post this again:
"Throttle Management" - the propellerhead approach (12 min 35 sec)
benedikt is online now Find More Posts by benedikt
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Joined Oct 2014
5 Posts
Thank you RC_Flying, the links were great. Although a nube, am looking to the possibility of building my own quad. Thanks.
quadforfun is offline Find More Posts by quadforfun
Old Today, 06:18 AM
As the Hangar Grows
United States, NC, Harrisburg
Joined Oct 2013
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benedikt View Post
Thats the issue with the "dumb" computer radios such as the Spektrums: they do all sorts of "smart" stuff for you. With an OpenTX radio, you basically start programming your model from scratch. Its harder to begin with, but waaay better when you worked it out.

Littel story: I used to race offroad cars. A few month back, I went down memory lane and drove to my old racing club. Setup my SC10 on my 9XR. Configured a custom throttle and steering curve for the fast sections on the left gimbal, and different curves (more steering, less throttle) on the right gimbal for the infield.
They stopped laughing and started to cry foul when we started racing. I was able to run lap after lap very consistenly, and beat folks with way more race experience, because the car was just 100% dialed in.

Same with flying micro quads. Just that the tuning methods are way more extensive. People watch me flying and say "how did you learn THAT?". Its much more setup skills than pilot skills.

Its a world of difference, and custom curves on all channels are the key difference. Previously only found in very expensive radios..

Time to post this again:
https://vimeo.com/98296495

Great Video Ben! I've been debating on getting a fully programmable radio and I think you just made my decision easier.
nbrown0908 is offline Find More Posts by nbrown0908
Old Today, 09:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kingston upon Thames
Joined Apr 2014
61 Posts
This throttle curve stuff is new to me, so feel free to tell me what I'm missing, but I have a 'dumb' dx6i, and I've always used the Heli freak settings

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=543747

I've just adjusted my throttle curve as in the post at the top except I adjusted stunt mode the same as norm mode as I fly in agility mode, so I now have a smoother or curved throttle.
Toothfairy is offline Find More Posts by Toothfairy
Old Today, 09:42 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benedikt View Post

Time to post this again:
https://vimeo.com/98296495
WOW that is a great video. Everyone needs to watch this. You sir, are a wonderful instructor.
AAAARRRRMMM!
Now I need to buy a new radio. DDDDAAAAMMMM...........
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Today, 12:04 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,619 Posts
Flying in confined spaces

I'dd heard these were good to fly in confined spaces so I had a go in the cabin of our narrow boat, and found it was no problem at all. Here's a short clip of one of the early flights.

Blade nano qx in canal boat:
Blade nano qx in canal boat (0 min 17 sec)

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Last edited by Terry Rigden; Today at 12:40 PM.
Old Today, 12:50 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Aug 2014
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothfairy View Post
This throttle curve stuff is new to me, so feel free to tell me what I'm missing, but I have a 'dumb' dx6i, and I've always used the Heli freak settings

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=543747

I've just adjusted my throttle curve as in the post at the top except I adjusted stunt mode the same as norm mode as I fly in agility mode, so I now have a smoother or curved throttle.
You can now also have stragilty mode also well kinda

Nano QX Stagility für DX6i (4 min 46 sec)
Zippets is online now Find More Posts by Zippets