HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 09:41 AM
In Training
Joined Oct 2014
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessWh0oo View Post
I've got some spare motors just for a couple of bucks from Ebay, works fine. You should look @ the size of the shafts, some have longer shafts..(I need/want the shorter ones).
So wouldn't be bad if you got some laying around for that price
You could upgrade motors from micro
They are fast! but will cost you some bucks. And you'll be needing a other board, thought stock board couldn't handle these motors..(but not sure)
Hey GuessWh0oo; LOL that kills me... sarasota FL here.. I read changing out the board can also let you bind to a differnt radio giving better control.. once i get some experianced built up I wanna try the Micro motors with the new board and radio.. there is a single prop flight area near me that i want to visit and see if they chase me off... flying in the neighborhood hear is getting risky with all the trees,,

Does the short or long shaft of the motors affect flight or just a personal preference?

Ive noticed when i go expert mode and full throttle forward that i have to spin her around 180 and full throttle to stop her.. pulling back kinda works but but shoots me up higher altitude...
DarkAngel74 is online now Find More Posts by DarkAngel74
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:37 AM
Joined May 2009
723 Posts
Has anyone managed a double flip? I have no idea how this even happened, I was trying to do a normal flip. Instead of dropping down, as it usually does after a flip, it instead went higher up and performed a second flip.
See here, at 1:55:

http://youtu.be/zP4O73pZ4wI?list=UUc...OPpm_oSYooF8_Q
Arakon is offline Find More Posts by Arakon
Old Today, 11:19 AM
The Netherlands, FL
Joined Aug 2014
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel74 View Post
there is a single prop flight area near me that i want to visit and see if they chase me off...

Does the short or long shaft of the motors affect flight or just a personal preference?

Ive noticed when i go expert mode and full throttle forward that i have to spin her around 180 and full throttle to stop her.. pulling back kinda works but but shoots me up higher altitude...
Haha, GuessWhat.. They will hunt and chase you

It doesn't affect flight, but the shorter ones keeps the motor in better condition. If you will land on the props, and you got a longer shaft it will be pushed inside. If you got shorter shaft it won't hit that hard because of the prop is pushed against the motor shell(sorry if there's some bad English).
And some after marked Hubsan have got other frames so they would need a longer shaft to fit.

That's odd, don't know what the issue is there.. Maybe one of the motors is bad and turn her around because lack of power and can't compete with the good motors..
GuessWh0oo is offline Find More Posts by GuessWh0oo
Last edited by GuessWh0oo; Today at 12:05 PM.
Old Today, 11:22 AM
The Netherlands, FL
Joined Aug 2014
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon View Post
Has anyone managed a double flip? I have no idea how this even happened, I was trying to do a normal flip. Instead of dropping down, as it usually does after a flip, it instead went higher up and performed a second flip.
See here, at 1:55:

http://youtu.be/zP4O73pZ4wI?list=UUc...OPpm_oSYooF8_Q
I know if I hold flip button on one of my quads it will make flips(downwards) continuously
Old Today, 03:30 PM
Joined Aug 2014
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessWh0oo View Post
Oké! Maybe considering to buy them my mistake thx!
The one to ask more questions is Link69. I know he hangs out in this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...42561&page=282

He uses 8.5mm motors on his roll your own frame with Hubsan boards. He even experimented with two stock motors per connection (making a hexcopter) with the Hubsan stock board and it even handled that.
BillW50 is offline Find More Posts by BillW50
Old Today, 03:39 PM
Joined Aug 2014
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel74 View Post
Changed the props though they didn't look bad, but if they get a small nick or the tip goes flat i reshape with a smooth emory board, .. was making due till extras arrive.. maybe i messed it up b rinning like that cause it still has a noticeable noise when lightly flicked and if i hold the housing of the motor and spin it i feel a little "tick" for lack of a better word.. gonna try some dry lubricant, ive hit wet grass a few times(just shooting blind on that one)

Nice to know about bad video recorde on the FPV was gonna, could the C HDcam be replaced with the FPV cam... Making the FPV a HD video? Could order a replacement and switch it if they are compatible.. (again shooting blind)..

Whats the farthest you have gone with your FPV, they still only fly about 7-10 min yeah?
Oh that is what my bad motor did, tick. I dunno, but I don't know if that is fixable.

Well trying to merge a C with a D... that isn't very doable. You are better off having both and using them for what they do best. Or wait until mid-December and maybe this one would be much better. Estes and Hubsan are very compatible with each other controllers.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../este4716.html

There is a thread started for this one at:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2260014
Old Today, 03:43 PM
Joined Aug 2014
224 Posts
As for max range... well I haven't tested this very much yet since I didn't plan on going far yet. But I do have the Hubsan SpyHawk transmitter which adds far more range for the D. Most reports the range is at least 3 times over the stock D transmitter (usually 100M max for the D).
Old Today, 03:45 PM
Joined Aug 2014
224 Posts
Flight time for the D is less. Heavier and larger motors and it has a cam and that video transmitter to power. So I usually get 6 minutes with those 500mah batteries.
Old Today, 03:47 PM
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Which Hubsan X4 model

Hey Guys,

Last week I bought myself my first quadcopter, the X4.

The first upgrade I'd like to get is a protection cover. I noticed there are different models for the cover, such as the a-12, and a-19. I'd like to know how to identify which set to buy.

On the package it says I have the new controller.

Also, where would someone recommend buying these parts in Canada?

Cheers!

Any tips for a beginner x4 flying welcomed!
arazumien is offline Find More Posts by arazumien
Old Today, 04:03 PM
Joined Aug 2014
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arazumien View Post
Hey Guys,

Last week I bought myself my first quadcopter, the X4.

The first upgrade I'd like to get is a protection cover. I noticed there are different models for the cover, such as the a-12, and a-19. I'd like to know how to identify which set to buy.
Welcome to the world of X4! For the protector, check the box carefully. As sometimes there is one taped under the package tray. If there isn't one, you need the one for the L model. Yours is the V2 L model if that makes a difference.
Old Today, 04:46 PM
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW50 View Post
Welcome to the world of X4! For the protector, check the box carefully. As sometimes there is one taped under the package tray. If there isn't one, you need the one for the L model. Yours is the V2 L model if that makes a difference.
Thanks! I checked under the package tray - no luck. I think I will order a set from AliExpress. Cheers!
arazumien is offline Find More Posts by arazumien
Old Today, 05:02 PM
The Netherlands, FL
Joined Aug 2014
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arazumien View Post
Thanks! I checked under the package tray - no luck. I think I will order a set from AliExpress. Cheers!
107c is copter with camera