SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:08 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
Thanks I ave a C05 I am thinking of using just wondering what pinion to use - wondered if a 7T would work without too much cogging - wit a 6K headspeed haws the stock tail holding up ?

Regards David
im using the mcpx v2 tail blade my boom is extended/strectched 1/2 inch tail holds great so far. plenty of hold for my flying capability lol.
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:59 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
So you used the same CB100 ESC of course it feels lighter it only is 3g with much higher HS 15800kv compare to 11500kv. No problem installing in frame. I was waiting on HP05-2 13500kv but this has more power
but a larger motor shaft 1.5mm. So where did you get the gear?
I used the helimax brushless tail speed control/converter, was easier to get from local shops here lol
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:59 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
iv never ordered from them im going to give them a try

@livonia bob what you running on your heli?
Right now a AEO 0-3 7500KV with the stock 9t pinion. Remember I'm not after high head speed I want torque so I can run less head RPM and more pitch to get long flight time and light weight...

So don't use what I use if you are looking for 3D flight..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:01 AM
Gaui X2 & Protos Mini FBL
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
717 Posts
I have a HP03S and the brushless converter waiting for the brushless conversion but I bought 0.4 MOD pinion by mistake because somebody in RCGroups claimed that the pinion should be 0.4 MOD. Well, it was 0.5 Mod instead...

What is the best place to find 7T and 8T pinions in 0.5 MOD? Most of the wendors seem to sell only 0.3 Mod pinions for 1.5mm shaft. I have sent an order to Homefly a couple of days ago but so far they haven't sent any confirmation back.
Picofly is offline Find More Posts by Picofly
Last edited by Picofly; Oct 21, 2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:34 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picofly View Post
I have a HP03S and the brushless converter waiting for the brushless conversion but I bought 0.4 MOD pinion by mistake because somebody in RCGroups claimed that the pinion should be 0.4 MOD. Well, it was 0.5 Mod instead...

What is the best place to find 7T and 8T pinions in 0.5 MOD? Most of the wendors seem to sellonly 0.3 Mod pinions for 1.5mm shaft. I have sent an order to Homefly a couple of days ago but so far they haven't sent any confirmation back.
Just receive my gears today from Homefly. There is not a phone # on my invoice.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:21 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Right now a AEO 0-3 7500KV with the stock 9t pinion. Remember I'm not after high head speed I want torque so I can run less head RPM and more pitch to get long flight time and light weight...

So don't use what I use if you are looking for 3D flight..
my current head speed is 5846 at zero pitch 100% throttle with stock battery and 7t pinion. its great for outside flying, but if your flying indoor the pop you get from positive to negative transitions is nasty with out running a S curve expo on pitch. I hit the walls many times lol
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:21 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
my current head speed is 5846 at zero pitch 100% throttle with stock battery and 7t pinion. its great for outside flying, but if your flying indoor the pop you get from positive to negative transitions is nasty with out running a S curve expo on pitch. I hit the walls many times lol
I took mine to the field again today to fly in the wind... Nice and stable,, came home and ordered another one..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:40 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2006
291 Posts
Quote:

What is the best place to find 7T and 8T pinions in 0.5 MOD? Most of the wendors seem to sell only 0.3 Mod pinions for 1.5mm shaft. I have sent an order to Homefly a couple of days ago but so far they haven't sent any confirmation back.
I will second that. Have a bunch of .5 mod gears from mini-z racing, and they seem to match up perfectly. Unfortunately, those gears are for 2mm shaft.

However, PN Racing does sell .5 mod delrin gears that have a 2mm bore on one end and 1.43mm bore on the other end. The 1.43mm bore is about 3mm deep. So if you put the 1.43mm bore on the motor, it might work. You may have to cut off the solid part of it. Is only $2.44 for a set of 4 if it doesn't work. Don't have a brushless motor yet, so can't tell you if it will work.

Here it is:

http://www.kenonhobby.com/PN-Racing-...T_p_43055.html

Kenon hobbies is a good shop. Go racing there all the time. Quick shipping.

While you are there, I highly recommend the Kyosho flourine oil. Is expensive, but there is nothing like it for lubrication on plastic parts and gears.
benmlee is offline Find More Posts by benmlee
Old Oct 22, 2011, 02:32 AM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
I will second that. Have a bunch of .5 mod gears from mini-z racing, and they seem to match up perfectly. Unfortunately, those gears are for 2mm shaft.

However, PN Racing does sell .5 mod delrin gears that have a 2mm bore on one end and 1.43mm bore on the other end. The 1.43mm bore is about 3mm deep. So if you put the 1.43mm bore on the motor, it might work. You may have to cut off the solid part of it. Is only $2.44 for a set of 4 if it doesn't work. Don't have a brushless motor yet, so can't tell you if it will work.

Here it is:

http://www.kenonhobby.com/PN-Racing-...T_p_43055.html

Kenon hobbies is a good shop. Go racing there all the time. Quick shipping.

While you are there, I highly recommend the Kyosho flourine oil. Is expensive, but there is nothing like it for lubrication on plastic parts and gears.
Thank you for the link! I may give it a try.

I found this vendor from another thread. A little bit pricey but maybe these will work as well:

http://www.shop.kkpmo.com/index.php/...ls-Pinion.html

EDIT: I noticed the following message on www.homefly.com: "I'll be on vacation Oct. 21 through Oct. 24". That explains why I didn't got response form the shop...
Last edited by Picofly; Oct 22, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:34 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
717 Posts
I received a mod 0.5 7T pinion from Microantreibe.

Homefly shop owner returned from his holidays and told that he has shipped me a pinion yesterday so I will have some spares soon...

Here is a my Genius BL after the first test flights. Motor is a 14000 kV version of HP03S. AUW is 42.1g including the stock 200mAh battery.

I was positively surprised about the noise level. I was expecting to get a noisy heli but it is just as silent as it was in the stock form!

I am really happy with this setup. My Genius is extremely enjoyable heli now!!!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:08 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
Quote:
I received a mod 0.5 7T pinion from Microantreibe.

Homefly shop owner returned from his holidays and told that he has shipped me a pinion yesterday so I will have some spares soon...

Here is a my Genius BL after the first test flights. Motor is a 14000 kV version of HP03S. AUW is 42.1g including the stock 200mAh battery.

I was positively surprised about the noise level. I was expecting to get a noisy heli but it is just as silent as it was in the stock form!

I am really happy with this setup. My Genius is extremely enjoyable heli now!!!
Have you tried the g3 hyperian battery yet? Thats what im using with my hp03s

Regards

Dave
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Aug 22, 2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:47 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
717 Posts
Quote:
Have you tried the g3 hyperian battery yet? Thats what im using with my hp03s

It really wakes up that motor

Dave
Not yet.

I have some 24 mAh Hyperions on the way. They should arrive next week. Motor bogs a little bit with the stock batteries but it is still much better than the original setup.

I really like the Microantriebe pinion. It was worth of the higher premium. Shape of the teeth is 100% perfect and my heli is actually more silent than what it was before. That is amazing!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:54 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
933 Posts
awsome

Quote:
Not yet.

I have some 24 mAh Hyperions on the way. They should arrive next week. Motor bogs a little bit with the stock batteries but it is still much better than the original setup.

I really like the Microantriebe pinion. It was worth of the higher premium. Shape of the teeth is 100% perfect and my heli is actually more silent than what it was before. That is amazing!
yeah mine vibrates a little more then i want it to. how much are those pinions and do you have a link i would love to give them a try

so how do you like your genius overal?

i put my mcpx away the genius is just so much fun to fly
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:53 AM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
717 Posts
Quote:
yeah mine vibrates a little more then i want it to. how much are those pinions and do you have a link i would love to give them a try

so how do you like your genius overal?

i put my mcpx away the genius is just so much fun to fly
I love my Genius!

It is the best sub-micro I have owned. It is amazing how quickly these micro Walkeras have developed in four years time! I bought a mcpx last spring but it was kind of dissappointment. The heli was really tuff but but I sold it away because it was so underpowered and tail didn't hold in flips.

Here is link to the Microantriebe shop: http://www.shop.kkpmo.com/index.php/...ls-Pinion.html
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:18 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
pricey, but top shelf stuff
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca