HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2014, 03:01 PM
New to Flying.
Joined May 2011
325 Posts
Use focus peaking to set the focus. In manual focus, focus in infinity, then crank it back (with peaking on) until you see things in for foreground get in focus.
Chadfish is offline Find More Posts by Chadfish
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2014, 04:57 PM
Joined Jan 2013
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by affas View Post
I can not get videos sharp enough. Anyone with good setup tips?
Is this sharp enough for ya?

510 Hikers@Tilden Park (2 min 22 sec)
airmikey is online now Find More Posts by airmikey
Old Sep 28, 2014, 05:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
296 Posts
Has anyone tried the new Sony A5100 with the Sony 20mm 2.8 pancake lens.
I am going to be trying it with my Zenmuse Z15n hope I can get it balanced correctly
kuau is online now Find More Posts by kuau
Old Sep 28, 2014, 05:37 PM
New to Flying.
Joined May 2011
325 Posts
I would love to see some A5100 footage with their new 50Mbps codec. At the higher nitrate we should not have all the alai sing and moire we get with the NEX-5.
Old Oct 01, 2014, 01:36 AM
Lier, Norway
Joined Nov 2003
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmikey View Post
Very nice recordings, any good advice? Are you using manual settings? Which settings?

Thanks
Alf
affas is offline Find More Posts by affas
Old Oct 01, 2014, 06:42 AM
Joined Oct 2014
2 Posts
sony a6000 with flyton trigger

PLEASE HELP!!

Ok i have a sony a6000 and using a flytron ir to trigger it. I have set it up with a futaba 14gs...i will detail below my set up....i should point the error is that the camera just keeps on triggering no matter where the toggle switches are on the controller

1. set up as per this video

How to set up Flytron infrared RC shutter with Futaba T14SG (4 min 47 sec)

2. Set end points on channel 8 to 100 100 100 100

3 Pluuged the ir into channel 8 of the fataba reciever

As i said it just triggers the camera all the time...if anyone can give me some advice on a fix would be much appreciated

thanks
stuartshanks is offline Find More Posts by stuartshanks
Old Oct 01, 2014, 08:02 AM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
2. Set end points on channel 8 to 100 100 100 100
I don't know Futaba, but that seems one way on channel 8 all the time regardless of stick position.

Try taking one of those 100's on the ends and make it -100 and see if that works, or 0 however futuba settings for end points work and see if that changes what your getting. Maybe (0,0, 100, 100 or -100, -100, 100, 100) other wise I don't see the signal changing.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Oct 01, 2014, 10:59 AM
Joined Feb 2014
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuau View Post
Has anyone tried the new Sony A5100 with the Sony 20mm 2.8 pancake lens.
I am curious as well.

At least by Dxomark numbers, A5100 and A6000 perform the same as Nex5n - except for much better ISO.

But there's always firmware and UI improvements. I wonder how much easier 5100 and 6000 are to work with in general, not just for aerials.
Witoldc is offline Find More Posts by Witoldc
Old Oct 01, 2014, 11:01 AM
New to Flying.
Joined May 2011
325 Posts
Quote:
Very nice recordings, any good advice? Are you using manual settings? Which settings?

Thanks
Alf
Alf, why don't you post the settings you are using so we can help you. Try the settings listed in this video I made and see what you get. Are you using peaking to focus your camera? You know you can't just turn the lens to infinity right? That will make everything out of focus. And once you get the camera in focus and turn sharpness down, you then need to add sharpness in post. I think it would be best if you posted a video and stated all the settings you are using, so we have a baseline to start from.

Try these settings and report back;
XPX / Silk from XProHeli - Test at Steve’s (4 min 9 sec)
Old Oct 06, 2014, 07:40 AM
Lier, Norway
Joined Nov 2003
277 Posts
I used your setting and the video looks better but I think I am a little out to find focus even if I did it manual.

How far away should I pick a focus point to do the best manual focus?
affas is offline Find More Posts by affas
Old Oct 08, 2014, 08:02 PM
New to Flying.
Joined May 2011
325 Posts
Quote:
I used your setting and the video looks better but I think I am a little out to find focus even if I did it manual.

How far away should I pick a focus point to do the best manual focus?
You use focus peaking. You turn the focus until you see things around to feet in front of you start to be in focus, but also everything in the distance is in focus too. Also, the way these settings are with sharpening turned down, the image is intentionally soft so you can sharpen it later when you edit. Post some footage so we see what you're seeing. We can't judge by words.

Cheers.
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:09 AM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfish View Post
You use focus peaking. You turn the focus until you see things around to feet in front of you start to be in focus, but also everything in the distance is in focus too. Also, the way these settings are with sharpening turned down, the image is intentionally soft so you can sharpen it later when you edit. Post some footage so we see what you're seeing. We can't judge by words.

Cheers.
Where is the setting for focus peaking in the menu? I found color peaking, but not focus peaking.
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:46 AM
New to Flying.
Joined May 2011
325 Posts
Setup Menu: You found "Peaking Color" not "Color Peaking".

Set Peaking color to Red, and Peaking level to High. It's good it you just try things out to see what happens.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 02:01 PM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Jan 2014
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladoportos View Post
Here is my 2cents with nex5n, still figuring the best setting out... http://vimeo.com/vladoportos/smolenice
What settings were you using for this? Looks great.
mediaguru is offline Find More Posts by mediaguru
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:56 AM
King of the Pencil
United States, CA, Oakley
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
A shot I did for the city I live in - they had a small festival type thing and I offered to take some aerial photos. Shot with a Nex-5N hanging off a RC Timer 800 Hex.
California Delta in the background, with city hall on the right.

-jake
jakebfpv is offline Find More Posts by jakebfpv