SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:56 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
335 Posts
Quick question, would a DJI 550 power distribution board be able to support 6s battery, with 40 amps esc and 630 kv motors?

Just thinking of using the plate as power distribution on a 800 mm frame.

thanks
bananawhiz is offline Find More Posts by bananawhiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:48 PM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
i won't try....
build a power spider yourself, i'ts more secure.
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:51 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2011
330 Posts
Yes it most certainly will! I have a custom 800mm frame using the dji base plate. I called dji and checked. the tracers are huge on the base plate. You didn't mention which props you will use, though. that will determine the total amps you will draw. my motors only draw 6amps...

matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananawhiz View Post
Quick question, would a DJI 550 power distribution board be able to support 6s battery, with 40 amps esc and 630 kv motors?

Just thinking of using the plate as power distribution on a 800 mm frame.

thanks
matthewlavin is offline Find More Posts by matthewlavin
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
330 Posts
Its stupid. If you are the pilot. You should never take your eyes off the rig. That is one of the few laws that ARE in place. Video, in my opinion is a two man job for many reasons, but safety is #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
Please, don't say that! I really appreciate the info!... even it comes from a Fan Boy, lol.

Yeah, it kinda makes sense to me. DJI definitely seems to be the more "pro" stuff... no doubt about that!

Believe it or not, I am the same way. Well, I used to be. Now that I have kids, I feel bad "wasting" money on stuff no one ever uses! I don't even take anything away from them, its just like being more mature now, lol. I still have cars and helicopters sitting there, NIB. A share, really! Anyhow, that is a different story.
Check out this video, if you haven't seen it already! The dude is using a Askman gimbal as well. I actually believe that this video made me believe that I have no need for a z15... but that's just me!

The main reason I would like to have way points, is that I am probably going to film on my own, as a one-man show. This means, that it would be easier to plan a route and when flying along, I can focus on filming?! Maybe that is a stupid idea to begin with?!

thanks,

G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jB8uPF3tzb8
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:06 PM
Joined Dec 2011
330 Posts
Be careful you guys. you are talking about two diff things. There is WKM failsafe and your RX/TX failsafe. They must both be set correctly When you bind your remote in its failsafe position you also have to have your throttle set mid stick as well. Both must be set correctly or else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
Thanks Aviator good to know....
It must be in the firmware cause on 5.08 it went the otherway
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:01 PM
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jun 2012
517 Posts
POI Problem

I was flying today in about a 10 mph wind. Set the POI and got confirmation of it being set. I then flew out about 20 meters and switched it to POI. The hexa turned towards the POI but would not circle. Any suggestions?
hadawayj is online now Find More Posts by hadawayj
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:17 PM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadawayj View Post
I was flying today in about a 10 mph wind. Set the POI and got confirmation of it being set. I then flew out about 20 meters and switched it to POI. The hexa turned towards the POI but would not circle. Any suggestions?
Look right hand on this video...

DJI Wookong-M Point of Interest - POI - Octocopter Demonstration (3 min 22 sec)
pokmon is offline Find More Posts by pokmon
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:42 PM
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jun 2012
517 Posts
Great video. Problem solved. I wasn't putting in any left or right thinking it was supposed to circle by itself. Thanks
hadawayj is online now Find More Posts by hadawayj
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:44 PM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
76 Posts
Video is not my product. Thanks author..
I have similar problem but I solved with this video.
pokmon is offline Find More Posts by pokmon
Last edited by pokmon; Feb 02, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:58 PM
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Feb 2008
304 Posts
Heavy lifter opinions?

Hi

I am planning in investing in a Cinestar 8 system. The motors are going to be either the KW8 Pro from Kopterworx, this one:

http://www.kopterworx.com/Motor-Serv...-+-6mm-adapter

Or the QC-3328 from Quadrocopter, this one:

http://www.quadrocopter.com/QuadroPo...328_p_392.html

ESC´s are going to be either the KW80E or KW60E from Kopterworx or the Phoenix Ice Lite 50 from Quadrocopter. Which one of the Kopterworx ESC´s would you choose? 60E or 80E? And is the Ice Lite 50 amp enough? I am planning to lift a RED Scarlet with my system.

Some questions: The Quadrocopter setup has less powerful motors and the ESC doesn´t claim to be 100% DJI compatible like the KW ESC´s claim to be.

In addition Kopterworx has this power hungry distribution board:

http://www.kopterworx.com/Latest-pro...tro-board-400A

But Quadrocopter seems to have no matching product.

So should I go with the Kopterworx setup and pay the price premium or is the Quadrocopter system sufficient?

Are there any alternatives to the linked power hungry distro board as the price seems to be somewhat high?

Thanks!
Tuukka
tupelo is offline Find More Posts by tupelo
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:34 PM
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
After using DJI's WKM system and Ground Station-based waypoint flying, I have mixed feelings. There are outstanding things like WKM's stabilization capabilities and much more, but there are also issues here and there.

If I'm going to contact DJI with my personal "feelings" they won't care at all. That's the reason for making a poll, to get a more objective impression of the good points and the downsides of DJI's multicopter products.

The results of this poll will be published here, and, if there are enough participants, I will create a consolidated view trying to address DJI sales and support in a friendly way.

Thanks for participating.
hover.ch is offline Find More Posts by hover.ch
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hover.ch View Post
After using DJI's WKM system and Ground Station-based waypoint flying, I have mixed feelings. There are outstanding things like WKM's stabilization capabilities and much more, but there are also issues here and there.

If I'm going to contact DJI with my personal "feelings" they won't care at all. That's the reason for making a poll, to get a more objective impression of the good points and the downsides of DJI's multicopter products.

The results of this poll will be published here, and, if there are enough participants, I will create a consolidated view trying to address DJI sales and support in a friendly way.

Thanks for participating.
There is no file / no link...
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:14 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewlavin View Post
Yes it most certainly will! I have a custom 800mm frame using the dji base plate. I called dji and checked. the tracers are huge on the base plate. You didn't mention which props you will use, though. that will determine the total amps you will draw. my motors only draw 6amps...

matt
14`` props
bananawhiz is offline Find More Posts by bananawhiz
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:51 AM
fly FPV
Germany
Joined Jan 2010
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVer View Post
The copter flies in Atti and GPS mode super!

But you can set for GoHome & autolanding not own gain values​​?

Enclosed my setting ..

Everything functioned until GoHome & autolanding
Hello,
after a week, try to test and it still does not exist!

If I switch from Atti to RTH is rocking the copter again!

DJI has been a program to send me what resets the EEROM but unfortunately everything WITHOUT success

In normal flight mode (Atti) and GPS Hold EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT!

I do not remember more

would appreciate your suggestions very much!

(PS my other Copter with DJI fly all great!)

My question to the contrary /contribution 16734: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6386&page=1116

THANKS!!
FPVer is offline Find More Posts by FPVer
Last edited by FPVer; Feb 03, 2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:01 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Did you try without PPM, and connect the channels one by one?

best regards

Ferdiannd
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays