HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2015, 06:34 PM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Oct 2006
249 Posts
Just some FYI. As of right now, due to the opening of the new Harris Teeter establishment that situates right beside 3O, flying at this point will be questionable. It's looking too risky to fly RC planes over the grass field beside the new store especially with the close proximity to the neighboring parking lot on the other side of the fence. The 3O parking lot might still be safe however, but maybe for quads and small fixed wing but don't quote me on that. Just a heads up.
Roen is offline Find More Posts by Roen
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2015, 02:50 AM
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2010
10 Posts
If that is the case then by looking at google maps Red Mill elementary down the road would be good also an area to the right that looks promising. Two other options could be Kemps Landing school and around the corner just down the street is a new church called wave church with a very long drive way and nothing near by. I dont know how to copy coordinates but you can google them. I will check those out when I get back if you guys dont first.
Drihorse0646 is online now Find More Posts by Drihorse0646
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:56 PM
Eagleye
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Oct 2008
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
Just some FYI. As of right now, due to the opening of the new Harris Teeter establishment that situates right beside 3O, flying at this point will be questionable. It's looking too risky to fly RC planes over the grass field beside the new store especially with the close proximity to the neighboring parking lot on the other side of the fence. The 3O parking lot might still be safe however, but maybe for quads and small fixed wing but don't quote me on that. Just a heads up.
Yeah, the store and lot is busy. The only fixed wing aircraft that could be flown would be the HZ super cubs and small foamies. Ideally N-S breezes. A west wind would carry them over into the store lot.
EAGLEYE-1 is offline Find More Posts by EAGLEYE-1
Old Mar 19, 2015, 03:26 PM
AVP, District IV
United States, VA, Newport News
Joined Dec 2005
551 Posts
Name: TRC Swap Meet 2015.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 780.7 KB
Description:
RustyK is offline Find More Posts by RustyK
Old Mar 22, 2015, 01:56 PM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
USA, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Oct 2003
958 Posts
Hey guys.
I'm selling my NIB EflitePlatinum series albatross over in the classifieds - I'll throw in the local discount if any of you are interested.
craab is online now Find More Posts by craab
Old Mar 22, 2015, 05:08 PM
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Aug 2013
651 Posts
Is there any news on the fpv racing course? I know there are at least 3-4 guys that have mini quads not in the club and I bet there are more out there, plus the ones in the club and it could make for a really fun event, nothing too serious but just putzing around

Also can an admin add me to the Facebook group? I can pm my account name...
soccerj4y is offline Find More Posts by soccerj4y
Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:25 PM
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craab View Post
Hey guys.
I'm selling my NIB EflitePlatinum series albatross over in the classifieds - I'll throw in the local discount if any of you are interested.
I will throw you a cheap offer! Lol!
pylot2b is offline Find More Posts by pylot2b
Old Mar 22, 2015, 08:18 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craab View Post
Hey guys.
You can list it locally here, too:

RC SWAP AND SELF OF HAMPTON ROADS VA

https://m.facebook.com/groups/817599...1?ref=bookmark
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000