first of i want to thank.

785 boats for replying to all my questions

scorpion1

pompeled

cyberhoops

kfxguy on strut help and over all build in general

proper chopper on OSC was a great help too

you guys are all awesome

you guys helped point me in the right direction and helping me choose the right equipment

thanks guys

so this is what i got going so far and still got a lot to got to finish but i thought i would you a heads up on where i stand i am really happy where this is going every thing is going together smoothly

for my parts list i am useing a kintec 6 and1/4 inch ruder

250 1/4 extended strut with 3/16 shaft bearing mods thats to kfx guy

keep in mind i am a beginner to building boats and thanks to you guys its almost ready to hit the water soon

i will keep adding pictures as i progress with the build

1 is a 6 s setup with a leopard 4082 1600kv 180a seaking and the other is a leopard 4082 with 1480kv on 8s with v3 13a HV esc so if you have any suggestions on props for both setups that would be greatly appreciated

here is the pictures of how far i have got so far. hopefully this thread will answer a lot of questions for beginners working to build their first Catamaran

again more specs to come and any suggestions for improvements are welcome good or bad

i also reinforced the transom and added strips of carbon along the whole seam from front to the back and on the front tunnel and sponsons the hull has no flex and twist and not much weight was added. right now with all the electronics loosely placed COG is about 36% i hope it wont run to wet. i guess i can shift the batteries back a inch or two

aslo

Im going to need help with prop choices with the 1600kv and 1800kv

Best Regards

again guys thanks so much i will kep posted on the build since its my first real one and im building 2 at the same time should be fun!

cheers guys
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Dec 30, 2014 at 02:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2014, 06:31 PM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2006
1,065 Posts
Looks good!
cyberhoops is offline Find More Posts by cyberhoops
Old Dec 19, 2014, 07:12 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhoops View Post
Looks good!
Thanks Cyberhoops )
Old Dec 20, 2014, 04:00 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
5,145 Posts
Nice start!

I see two things I don't like:
- The motormount only seems to be glued in, I'd add glasscloth to strengthen that, flips at speed are 'famous' for ripping the motor loose...

- Make sure the outlet on the waterjacket is on the highest point to avoid trapping air.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Dec 22, 2014, 03:47 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,683 Posts
Very clean layout inside. Love the Fiber choice. I would simply go with 6s2p and the 1600kv 4082. 8s is overkill and requires a more expensive ESC. You can use a T180a or swordfish 200a with 6s.

Propwise i think you should be looking in the x448-x450 range or an x548 or x646.

My 39" Mono has a similar motor(castle 1717 1580kv)and hit 60 with an x548, you should be right around 60 with the 1600kv on 6s2p.
scorpion1 is online now Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Dec 23, 2014, 03:34 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompebled View Post
Nice start!

I see two things I don't like:
- The motormount only seems to be glued in, I'd add glasscloth to strengthen that, flips at speed are 'famous' for ripping the motor loose...

- Make sure the outlet on the waterjacket is on the highest point to avoid trapping air.

Regards, Jan.
Hi Jan, I will add some glass or carbon on the motor mounts thanks for the tip.

As for the water jacket you mean put the nipples at the highest point? I will do that, I also mixes resin and chopped glass before I poured the mold for the boat on the left o guess I can do the same for the boat on the right?

Thanks again Jan

Cheers
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Dec 23, 2014 at 03:50 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 03:45 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
Very clean layout inside. Love the Fiber choice. I would simply go with 6s2p and the 1600kv 4082. 8s is overkill and requires a more expensive ESC. You can use a T180a or swordfish 200a with 6s.

Propwise i think you should be looking in the x448-x450 range or an x548 or x646.

My 39" Mono has a similar motor(castle 1717 1580kv)and hit 60 with an x548, you should be right around 60 with the 1600kv on 6s2p.
Im building 2 boats one is the lower kv I believe its 1420kv or 1480kv maybe I can run ot on 7s? The other one is a 4082 1600kv which I plan on running 2 6s 5000mah in parallel and that 4082 1400kv maybe 7s 5000mah? I have a seaking 180a and a seaking 130a HV which handles the 4082 1400kv with no issues.

Which prop would you start off with?

Thanks scorpion1

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 23, 2014, 04:01 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
1,254 Posts
added esc cap bank servo and rubber boot

well this is how far I got both boats now I'm just waiting on my strut and I'm waiting on my stuffing tube and it should be almost done soon thanks to a lot of you guys help me out and I really really appreciate it I couldn't have done it without you guys
next comes the leak test make sure water gets inside about if he has any suggestions for that I really appreciate it
again thanks

Cheers
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Dec 23, 2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 04:11 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
1,254 Posts
when I'm done with these boats I'm really looking into building a wooden boat but I'm not sure what to would be a good beginner wooden boat to build I'm looking at something like hydroplane or tunnel between 20 to 25inches long

Any suggestions

Thanks again guys

Cheers
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Dec 23, 2014 at 04:17 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:36 AM
Joined Aug 2012
145 Posts
Looking good.

Sorry I couldn't help as my build is a twin set up and is very different.

Keep the pic's coming
madracer is offline Find More Posts by madracer
Old Dec 23, 2014, 01:23 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,416 Posts
Very nice looking builds there f.a.r.m.e.r.
But a 1480kv motor on 8s is a lot of revs at nearly 44,000.
Is this for a SAW running boat?
I feel you will need more than a 130A ESC for that.

For your wooden hydro I would wholeheartedly recommend this as a 26" boat, if that's as big as you wish to go.

http://mlboatworksrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=61

But I feel the 31" version would be more adaptable for different power plants & rougher water conditions.
If you are in a club it can be raced in both 'P' Limited or full 'P' class Sports Hydro.
It's a great performer.

http://mlboatworksrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=62

Cheers.
Paul.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Dec 23, 2014, 06:49 PM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2006
1,065 Posts
I agree with Paul, the GP310 is an excellent boat. It is stable on the water and a pleasure to build. Our P-limited version hits 53 mph, and is rock steady on the water.
cyberhoops is offline Find More Posts by cyberhoops
Old Dec 26, 2014, 02:04 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
1,254 Posts
thanks guys its getting closer to getting done, here is more pics, 785boats that looks like a killer project boat i might have to give it a try, and thanks cyberhoops for the prop recommendations i decided to switch the other boat to a 4082 1600kv so they will be running the same power system what prop do you you think i should try first.

and pompeled i added some carbon and epoxy to the iside part of the mount so it should be solid now thanks for the tips guys

i added some riv nuts for the canopy which are really solid linkage and boot. next strip down and paint after i mount the stuffing tube and strut, i and making the stuffing tube removable with solder like kfxguy from ose and no teflon liner so for its looking good

hope you enjoy my first boat builds

its not as hard as i though thats why i want to go with a wood hull next

thanks again guys
Old Dec 26, 2014, 04:44 AM
Joined Oct 2014
14 Posts
looking at some pictures my first though was:

very difficult to tape the hatch with those nuts!

position rudder : hmmmm.... would like to read your first impressions

btw: clean work!
restart is offline Find More Posts by restart
Old Dec 26, 2014, 04:55 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by restart View Post
looking at some pictures my first though was:

very difficult to tape the hatch with those nuts!

position rudder : hmmmm.... would like to read your first impressions

btw: clean work!
I will tape the hatch first then poke a hole and thread the hatch locks I already did a leak test all was good. As with the rudder im confused to what you mean I will only be doing right turns and all the cheetah hulls have the same setup. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. My buddy has the same build as mine and his is on rails. But im willing to learn new things everyday.

Thanks a bunch and merry Christmas

Thanks