to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:20 AM
Brought to u by letter "Arr!"
New Hampshire
Joined Sep 2009
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale View Post
What's amazing is that this build has been going on since January 2013. You must be in a race with OBW to see who can take the longest to build a boat. Both of you are way hung up on details but you both are producing fantastic models with detail like I've never seen before. Your wheel house is unbelievable Mariner. Great work for sure. Pete
Haha- two years goes by awful fast! The heavy detail probably indulges my OCD tendencies too much, but I just... can't... help myself!

I guess I'm pulling out all the stops on this build because this ship is so near and dear to me; I won't build it again so I feel obligated to get everything right. I keep feeling like I'm nearing the finish, but then I realize how much is still left... railings, masts, liferafts, the crane, workboat... so who knows it could still need another year. It's getting hard to stay focused, but that's what is great about the Build Log. It helps to keep me on task and prevents me from taking short cuts.

Speaking of detail- as much as I love to do it and try really hard, it pales in comparison to what the guys at Gibbs & Cox were doing half a century ago. I think the Agerholm model is their masterpiece; perhaps the finest ship model ever built. The detail is staggering and makes my model look like Fisher-Price. I'm blown away each time I look at it....
mariner02 is offline Find More Posts by mariner02
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:25 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southwater
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Omg!!
grumpy_brit is offline Find More Posts by grumpy_brit