HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 02:47 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,758 Posts
Does this mean that I can get what I want channel wise?

" Futaba RC transmitters can utilize a anothert type of PPM timing. DragonLink refers to this
as “MicroPPM” because the PPM frame rate shrinks from 22ms to 11ms. DragonLink fully
supports MicroPPM automatically.
For detailed instructions of connecting your RC transmitter to the DragonLink
transmitter, please see the following URL: http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/9"

Tried that link but got:
ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
Bad request.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: V110l0uKanT24_nPlBv_VRtiSb4ekZ0c28zCV5xdt_EvrfZrF0--4g==

So no info there unfortunatly.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:02 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Does this mean that I can get what I want channel wise?

" Futaba RC transmitters can utilize a anothert type of PPM timing. DragonLink refers to this
as “MicroPPM” because the PPM frame rate shrinks from 22ms to 11ms. DragonLink fully
supports MicroPPM automatically.
For detailed instructions of connecting your RC transmitter to the DragonLink
transmitter, please see the following URL: http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/9"

Tried that link but got:
ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
Bad request.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: V110l0uKanT24_nPlBv_VRtiSb4ekZ0c28zCV5xdt_EvrfZrF0--4g==

So no info there unfortunatly.
Maybe someone in this thread has already discussed Micro PPM on Futaba.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...o#post30206976
viper522 is online now Find More Posts by viper522
Old Today, 03:08 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2013
1,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terbeaux View Post
Got it. I had my failsafe set to no output in the micro config utility. In testing when I turned off my transmitter the Vector would no longer see the submode switch and go to failsafe. Was this incorrect?
It's possible to select "no pulses" mode, but what I would do is just program it to select RTH directly.
Noircogi is online now Find More Posts by Noircogi
Old Today, 03:19 PM
Live Free and Fly
United States, NH, Bedford
Joined Apr 2013
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Sorry Futaba is so different. Most $50 radios can take full advantage of DL.
You mean sorry Futaba is a much better quality radio than the $50 radios?

It is possible to get 12 channels out of the 14SG. I do with my 14SG, no problem at all. And no needing to mess with ppm signal settings, or download "better" firmware than the stock Taranis eyesore FW.

I've had them all (including the overrated Taranis -- yeah, it's functional, but I just couldn't stand holding that el-cheapo plastic for over a few minutes). When I fly LOS, sure, I'll use a cheap Devo or Taranis or Turnigy. But when I fly hundreds/thousands of dollars of equipment, I trust Futaba.
bmw111 is online now Find More Posts by bmw111
Old Today, 03:41 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post

It is possible to get 12 channels out of the 14SG. I do with my 14SG, no problem at all. And no needing to mess with ppm signal settings, or download "better" firmware than the stock Taranis eyesore FW.

I've had them all (including the overrated Taranis -- yeah, it's functional, but I just couldn't stand holding that el-cheapo plastic for over a few minutes). When I fly LOS, sure, I'll use a cheap Devo or Taranis or Turnigy. But when I fly hundreds/thousands of dollars of equipment, I trust Futaba.
Pure awesomeness.
viper522 is online now Find More Posts by viper522
Old Today, 03:46 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post

Great, thanks, last question: can I mix SBUS and normal servos on the same Rx at the same time?
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Today, 04:18 PM
Rookie Pilot
United States, IA
Joined Aug 2013
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
We are going to release Windows 95 support first... Its only fair since windows 95 was out before Windows XP and will run on a lot of the older Intel 486 hardware XP wont

Mike

Crap! What about Windows 3.1 support then?
eBoon is online now Find More Posts by eBoon
Old Today, 04:29 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,594 Posts
Quote:
I was just about to push the button for a Dragonlink V2 combo when someone said that I cant get more than 8 channels out from my Futaba 14SG and I need 10-12 channels! For my two Naza V2's I am using AIL, ELE, THR, RUD, IOC, GPS-ATTI-MAN, FAILSAFE (all these on SBUS), but also gimbal pitch, IR for taking pictures, channel for choosing what IR should do Photo or Video and finally Zoom of the lens.

That's seven channels for SBUS and four "servo" channels. But I also want RSSI.....

Now, I have tried to get info about this on DL website and the manual but only got to "Forbidden" page there and I have also searched here but I cant find specific answer to my question.
Whoever said that was TOTALLY WRONG.

The Futaba 14 will output 12 channels through the trainer port.

The Dragon Link system, and micro receiver are 12 channel capable.

The Micro Receiver is capable of outputting PPM, SBus, and your servo outputs at the same time. By default the receiver outputs channels 1 - 6 and PPM on channel 7, and RSSI on channel 8. All you need to do to change this is to connect the Micro USB port on your receiver to your computer, run the configuration software, and you can assign the pins to function as any channels you want. For complete information on the Micro Receiver and how to configure it, download the .PDF manual and configuration software at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...st_release.zip

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 04:33 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,594 Posts
Quote:
Great, thanks, last question: can I mix SBUS and normal servos on the same Rx at the same time?
Absolutely, that's exactly what we designed the receiver to do. Give you a full 12 channels of PPM, SBus, and still allow you to control normal servos... The Micro Receiver is the most advanced RC receiver ever made, and will give you HUGE performance, flexibility and features.

The Futaba 14 has a menu setting, for 12 channel trainer port, or 8 channels. It is on 8 channels by default, you will have to change it in the Futaba Computer menu.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 04:34 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBoon View Post
Crap! What about Windows 3.1 support then?
I had that operating system on my 486 before Windows 95 came out, but I lost the floppy discs for it So it will be impossible for me to test on that one...

I still have my old DOS discs though, we might be able to make a command line software for the Micro RX....

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 04:40 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
11,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus View Post
The current format is fine with me, I know it's a little cumbersome but the Tx balances out my radio (Futaba 10CHP) nicely with the stand option. It counter balances and sits in my hands better than the radio by itself. Also, when I'm seated, the antennae is in an almost vertical orientation (slightly titled back) which I think is optimum short of mounting it high up on a pole. Pat ;-)
I use the Dragon Link Transmitter on the back of my JR-PCM 10 X, and really don't even notice it... I could easily do the repeater option, but it just is not that big or heavy. I Velcro the Dragon Link Transmitter to the back of my radio, eliminating the Aluminum stand, which saves a lot of weight and makes it compact and small.

If the antenna bothers you, we sell a smaller short / medium range Dragon Link Transmitter antenna.

If you are a purist, and want nothing on the back of your RC transmitter, just use the Dragon LInk in the repeater operation as seen in the diagram below. Its very easy to do and works incredibly well.

What I would NOT use with is a poorly performing, tiny module, that was squeezed into a module case, and all the limitations associated with that. I have considered making a module transmitter, but every time I look at the realities of it, there are just to many drawbacks in features and performance.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 09:38 PM
Joined Jan 2013
107 Posts
Can't seem to get the RTL working FY41 AP with DL is there a secret trick. It worked on internal with no pulse......

Err NVM i figured it out had to make the RTL switch then hold bind 5 seconds done
raptor357 is online now Find More Posts by raptor357
Last edited by raptor357; Today at 10:07 PM.
Old Today, 10:27 PM
Live Free and Fly
United States, NH, Bedford
Joined Apr 2013
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
The Futaba 14 has a menu setting, for 12 channel trainer port, or 8 channels. It is on 8 channels by default, you will have to change it in the Futaba Computer menu.
And don't forget to rebind your DL Rx's after you change to 12 channels. IF you already bound them when you had 8 channels chosen.

Cheers.
bmw111 is online now Find More Posts by bmw111