Old May 18, 2015, 01:34 AM
Find More Posts by TomC
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
2,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgib View Post
Hi guys.

how do you set-up the fy41 lite so that it goes into RTL if it loses RSSI ?

I cannot seem to find any detail about it...
You basically need to have the ability to pre-set your failsafe during the binding process. To be able to do this you need a rx that can do this, not just the usual failsafe that generally cuts throttle and leaves everything else at 'last command'. Have a read of this thread to see which Rx's can do this;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1816661

In my case, using a Spektrum ar8000 rx I set my throttle to ~65% and make sure my RTL switch is activated. I then put the bind plug in and power the Rx till it (and it's sat) start flashing. Then I remove the bind plug, and it still stays flashing.

I then push the bind button on my Tx with the throttle stick ~65% (~ = cruise speed) and SW2 set to RTL. Then I power the Tx and let it bind. Then power everything off (rx first, then tx).

To test this on the bench (best to take the prop off first) you power everything up and let it stablise in any one of the SW1 positions. Then turn the Tx off and you should see the RTL light Flashing (single blue flash and you will see this RTL mode on the osd). The motor should not start (although it may jerk a bit) since the RTL mode has a safety feature that turns the motor off if you are less than 10m high. Still, best to take the prop off to test anyway. If you turn your Tx back on it should reset back to whatever SW1 you were flying in prior to losing control signal. The naza systems require you to cycle your flight mode in order to turn the RTL function off.

In real life I doubt I will ever have to rely on this because with my 5.8g fpv system I am more likely to run out of 5.8g video range well before losing my 2.4G Dx18 signal. Some guys test this out by actually turning off their Tx in-flight but I do not intend to try this. Sort of like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, lol!
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2015, 03:47 AM
Find More Posts by philgib
Joined Oct 2005
689 Posts
Great explanation, thank you very much indeed TomC !

I believe my Futaba 6ex and Frsky TFR6 receiver can do it. I'll give it a try.
philgib is offline Find More Posts by philgib
Old May 19, 2015, 01:03 AM
Joined Oct 2005
689 Posts
Has anyone tried to connect a lite 4CH EZUHF receiver to the FY41 in PPM mode, so that one could use also channel 5 and 6 ?
One would save a number of cables and some nice cable weight, but the 4ch EZUHF is also so much cheaper...

Thank you
Old May 19, 2015, 01:29 AM
Find More Posts by Gibbedy
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Oct 2013
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgib View Post
Has anyone tried to connect a lite 4CH EZUHF receiver to the FY41 in PPM mode, so that one could use also channel 5 and 6 ?
One would save a number of cables and some nice cable weight, but the 4ch EZUHF is also so much cheaper...

Thank you
There is no ppm input to fy41
Gibbedy is offline Find More Posts by Gibbedy
Old May 19, 2015, 02:00 AM
Joined Oct 2005
689 Posts
Really ???
Old May 19, 2015, 03:34 AM
Find More Posts by Gibbedy
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Oct 2013
666 Posts
I made a feature request and the response at 16/12/14 was:

"sorry can not
i will reflect this to our engineer"

If you really want to use EZUHF you could get a cppm converter board. Allot of extra wires though.
Gibbedy is offline Find More Posts by Gibbedy