Old Mar 14, 2016, 05:16 PM
Find More Posts by frankg
Joined Dec 2004
4,691 Posts
Discussion
Question about intereior kits for new cruiser kits

Now that I am finally about to start once again manufacturing new model boat kits for LEGEND Model Boats, the first since we were flooded out by hurricane Sandy in 2012, I have contemplated on how far to go in the scale detail of some of the new kits, especially the new cruiser kits.

As with all of the kit I design, I make access to the interior R/C workings of the models a priority in the design. In the case of the cruisers, they are designed the same as the real counterparts thus allowing for finishing the interior of the cabins.

The question I am seeking the answer to is would there be a market for a sub kit for a scale interior to the kit being produced and if so to what extent would you the modelers be interested in purchasing the interior kits for the models.

The kits would be all laser cut kits of the fine woods along with the detailed hardware needed to finish the cabins as per their prototype originals.
The reason I ask this is that when I build the prototype, first off scratch built proof kit, it would mean designing all of the laser cutting layouts rather than scratch build as you go for a one off model.

These interior detailed kits would be priced and purchased separately from the model boat kit, allowing the modeler to include the interior kit in their build or add to a completed build at a later date.

Responses and any questions regarding this inquiry are welcome and will be answered as best we can.

Thanks for your responses.
Rich Koll
frankg is online now Find More Posts by frankg
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2016, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by Trisquire
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,863 Posts
I don't know about interiors, but there might be a market for realistic looking pilots and/or passengers. However, if each boat is a different scale that could be cumbersome for you.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Mar 14, 2016, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by frankg
Joined Dec 2004
4,691 Posts
The interior kits will be for that specific model, not a generic version (one kit for all interiors).
frankg is online now Find More Posts by frankg
Old Mar 14, 2016, 05:55 PM
Find More Posts by r/cjunkie
Central Florida
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Aug 2008
328 Posts
I would buy one. I add interiors on mine when possible. Be nice to have ready made for a change.
r/cjunkie is online now Find More Posts by r/cjunkie
Old Mar 14, 2016, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by Trisquire
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,863 Posts
We're all pretty good with wood. Its little things like fittings, railings, steering wheels and such that are tedious and difficult to reproduce.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire