Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:50 AM
Find More Posts by HyperionRocks
Japan, Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka
Joined Jun 2015
232 Posts
Data
Hyperion G6 High-Voltage HvLi Battery and Charger Guide:

Quick-Guide for Hyperion High Voltage HvLi G6 Batteries:

Hyperion G6 HvLi Batteries offer 10% more energy-density than standard li-po's of the same size and weight. For example our G6 3S 2400mah packs are of the same size and weight of a comparable standard 2100mah LiPo.

Hyperion's High-Voltage Batteries operate at 4.35v, rather than the standard 4.2v of a LiPo. Hyperion has invested much time working with Manufactures and Suppliers to provide a LiHv Battery that produces true Discharge and Capacity ratings, especially during extended battery life-cycle.

What does Hyperion's "Cmax" Discharge rating mean?

Hyperion offers HvLi Batteries rated in 60Cmax and 80Cmax in almost all mAh sizes and cell configuration. Most other Battery Manufactures overrate the Discharge/Capacity rate of their packs so Hyperion has coined the term "Cmax" because we wanted to give the customer a honest C rating instead of a fictitious C number.

The definition of Cmax is: "Continuous C-Rate for 100% rated capacity delivery is 1/2 C-Max rate. ". For example a G6 3S 2400mah 80Cmax would provide @ 40C Continuous the rated capacity of the pack (2400mah), though the pack can still burst to 80C without a problem.

Most other Suppliers advertise their battery packs with extremely high Continuous C-rating though under this Continuous load the battery cannot provide the fully-rated mAh capacity, though Hyperion HvLi Packs can deliver.

Charging C rate:
Super-fast (<15 minutes) 6C max charge with no negative impact on lifespan or reliability.

Xt-60 Connectors:
All packs up to 2800mAh include pre-soldered Genuine XT60 main connectors

FPV Racing Packs:
The G6 HvLi LiPo are awesome for FPV Quad Racing, as the extra capacity allows you to use a lighter pack. The 1200 and 1400 80Cmax have short 60mm wires and XT60 connector, to further reduce weight , improved performance, and fit without excess wire hanging out. We recommend these packs depending on size of the racer and motors employed.
80Cmax 3S and 4S 1200mAh, 1400mAh, 1800mAh for racing
60Cmax 3S 2400mAh will be excellent for FPV fun running

Hyperion High-Voltage G6 Details and Specs:
G6 Battery Details- For more details about the G6 High-voltage Battery check out this page.
G6 Datasheet and Specs- For the whole line of G6 Battery Specs sheet please click here

Where to Buy online
Hyperion G6 Batteries are available Internationally from AirCraft-World.com, we ship Li-po's via FedEx at economic shipping rates.

How to charge your Hyperion HvLi G6 Batteries Overview:

You will need a HvLi Compatible Battery Charger for the G6 packs if you wish to reach the full-potential energy-density rating of the pack (4.35v). We recommend using our Hyperion EOS Line of Chargers; EOS0720I-AD, EOS0730I, or EOS0720iSDUO3 which can be purchased here.

You can charge the G6 packs with Standard Lipo Chargers at 4.2v though fully-rated capacity will be reduced by 10%. For a example a G6 3S 2400mah pack charged to 4.2v will hold 2100mah, when fully-charged to 4.35v the pack will hold 2400mah capacity.

EOS Charger Downloads and Info:
- HvLi Firmware update: If you have a Hyperion EOS Charger already we have released a Firmware update; EOS HvLi Firmware Update v5.94.
- PC Software Tool: Here is the Download link for the EOS PC Software
- EOS Quick Manual: Here is the EOS Quick- Start Manual link. It is important to read this before starting.
- EOS Chargers Datasheets: The Complete Overview of all EOS Chargers are located here.

Know Volt's and Amp's, Dont Over-Discharge your Packs, Get a E-Meter!

Emeter2 Data Logger:

The Emeter II supports the RDU (Remote-Data-Unit) or LDU (Local-Data-Unit) by downloading log files to Emeter, Display of log files, Voltage, Amperage, Calculation of Thrust-Efficiency (if prop selected), Calculation of internal resistances... and much more.

RDU (Remote-Data-Unit) 1,000m Range

Works with the Emeter2 to remotely log, or to work at the bench while connected to your Emeter or PC via USB Adapter (TI-PRGUSB)
- Records internally: Ambient Temp, Height, Throttle, Current, Voltage, Watts
- Option External Sensors: Temp1, 2, and 3. Reliable Phase Tachometer for Brushless Motors.
- Can be connected to Emeter Suite Software for DL to display of Data on PC, or Configuration

LDU (Local-Data-Unit)

Also works with the Emeter to Log at bench while connected to Emeter or PC via USB Adapter (TI-PRGUSB)
- Records to Emeter/PC: Current, Voltage, Watts
- Option External Sensors: Temp1, 2, and 3. Reliable Phase Tachometer for Brushless Motors.

Emeter2 Quick Guide: Instruction Manual on how to use the Emeter2 with the RDU or LDU
Emeter2 PC Software Suite:Download the PC Suite Software for the Emeter2
Product Details Page:More Details on the Emeter2 and how it works with the RDU and LDU.

Optional Tachometer Sensors, Temp Sensors and etc that is compatible with the Emeter2 are available here.

-Hyperion G6 Batteries, EOS Chargers and other quality Hyperion products are available in most US Hobby Retail Stores, to find a US Dealer near you please click here
-For International Online orders please contact with www.AirCraft-World.com
-For Retail Hobby Stores overseas please review our Hyperion Where to Buy page for a hobby shop near you.
HyperionRocks is offline Find More Posts by HyperionRocks
Site Sponsor
Last edited by HyperionRocks; Jul 01, 2015 at 09:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2015, 12:18 PM
Joined Jun 2015
232 Posts
Hyperion G6 wins the HV Battery stand-off

We sent the Hyperion G6 HV Batteries and Turnigy Bolt HV Batteries off to a third-party tester to see how they compared.

During our first round of testing one of the cells of the Turnigy Bolt puffed @33C discharge rate. Enclosed Pic.

Enclosed is a graph mapping the discharge curve over-time. Pay close-attention to the "Red" and "Purple" Graph lines.

RED Line:Hyperion @ 20C provides Discharge for 3.05 minutes.
Purple Line:Turnigy Bolt @ 20C provides Discharge for 0.60 minutes.

By far the Hyperion G6 Batteries are a much better HV battery.

For more details regarding the Hyperion G6 Batteries please check out the Complete guide to Hyperion G6 Batteries and Chargers; http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2448954
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 05, 2015, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by crazyflyboy30
United States, AL, Branchville
Joined May 2009
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionRocks View Post
We sent the Hyperion G6 HV Batteries and Turnigy Bolt HV Batteries off to a third-party tester to see how they compared.

During our first round of testing one of the cells of the Turnigy Bolt puffed @33C discharge rate. Enclosed Pic.

Enclosed is a graph mapping the discharge curve over-time. Pay close-attention to the "Red" and "Purple" Graph lines.

RED Line:Hyperion @ 20C provides Discharge for 3.05 minutes.
Purple Line:Turnigy Bolt @ 20C provides Discharge for 0.60 minutes.

By far the Hyperion G6 Batteries are a much better HV battery.

For more details regarding the Hyperion G6 Batteries please check out the Complete guide to Hyperion G6 Batteries and Chargers; http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2448954
Is this right that the Hyperion G6 did not do as good at 156 amp and 96amp?
crazyflyboy30 is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyboy30
Old Jul 05, 2015, 08:56 PM
Joined Jun 2015
232 Posts
Air Craft World Hyperion G6 Hv lipo battery 80cmax

You can see in the below graph that during 33C Discharge the G6 provided 2420mah, and the Turnigy Bolt provided a paltry 1,850mah whilst' under 33C load.

33C's is a 80A load, other than a hot-setup EDF I dont have many other applications that need more for continuous...

FYI, during testing the Turnigy HV Bolt puffed-up at 33C. The G6 Batteries are ISO quality control at all production steps in the Hyperion way. You will never have to buy three Hyperion G6 packs to get two "good ones"....
Site Sponsor
Last edited by HyperionRocks; Jul 05, 2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2015, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by crazyflyboy30
United States, AL, Branchville
Joined May 2009
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionRocks View Post
You can see in the below graph that during 33C Discharge the G6 provided 2420mah, and the Turnigy Bolt provided a paltry 1,850mah whilst' under 33C load.

33C's is a 80A load, other than a hot-setup EDF I dont have many other applications that need more for continuous...

FYI, during testing the Turnigy HV Bolt puffed-up at 33C. The G6 Batteries are ISO quality control at all production steps in the Hyperion way. You will never have to buy three Hyperion G6 packs to get two "good ones"....
You are right .
The airplanes I have that use a battery of that size would only need at most 40 amp for only a peck of a few seconds.
I have like Hyperion and never got a bad one.
crazyflyboy30 is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyboy30
Old Jul 06, 2015, 03:49 AM
Find More Posts by hamburger
Hamburger
Joined Jan 2010
1,042 Posts
How do the hyperion hv packs compare to the revolectrix please?
I am under the impression revolectrix was the initial driving force behind hv for hobby grade lipos.
hamburger is offline Find More Posts by hamburger
Old Jul 06, 2015, 11:34 AM
Joined Jun 2015
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
How do the hyperion hv packs compare to the revolectrix please?
I am under the impression revolectrix was the initial driving force behind hv for hobby grade lipos.
Hi Hamburger,

I have not heard of any feedback from the Rlectrix HV packs, actually, Hyperion's sister company deals with high-end Lithium Motorcycle batteries ( www.Shorai.com ), we have spent much time-and-effort on investing into this new HV technology, this has only been influenced by our push in working closer with our manufactures.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 06, 2015, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by drkow
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2015
9 Posts
I'm a big fan of Hyperion products and would love to try these packs. I have two Hyperion 1420i chargers, any chance we will see a firmware release that adds HvLi support to the 1420i?
drkow is offline Find More Posts by drkow
Old Jul 07, 2015, 02:48 PM
Joined Jun 2015
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkow View Post
I'm a big fan of Hyperion products and would love to try these packs. I have two Hyperion 1420i chargers, any chance we will see a firmware release that adds HvLi support to the 1420i?
Hi DrKow,

The 1420i was discontinued quiete some time ago and we wont be releasing a HvLi firmware update for this charger. Though the 720i's, Net3, or Super Duo we do offer the new HvLi Firmware update.

What I do recommend is modifying you TVC settings per cell to Max V (should be about 4.285V), the additional 0.085V does add a significant amount of extra capacity into the HvLi pack.

Make sure not to accidentally charge your standard li-po's with this new 4.285V setting

Do note its within the 4.2V to 4.3V range that the majority of the capacity is stored into the pack, The capacity stored within the 4.3V to 4.35v range is only negligible.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 07, 2015, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by aragin70
Fly Fast
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jan 2007
45 Posts
What a huge disappointment!

I too have two 1420i's like drkow, and now after 3 years of owning them they are basically obsolete When I invested in these high end chargers in 2012, I thought I would have them for several years to come, because they were firmware updated-able. I even went so far as purchasing HV batts in anticipation there would be an update for these chargers. Other companies support their chargers for the life of the charger. I think I'm done with Hyperion. Why would I even consider purchasing another Hyperion charger? In 3 years or so it could be incapable of charging the latest battery chemistry, because it's their policy to not support updates for discontinued chargers. BUYER BEWARE!
aragin70 is offline Find More Posts by aragin70
Old Jul 08, 2015, 07:38 AM
Find More Posts by Big Fred1
Joined Feb 2014
67 Posts
720i

My 720i charger, side #2 will no longer charge. Error message is "output current to high". Have switched cords, balance boards, batteries, lipo to Nimh. Still says same error. Any thoughts? Where can I have it serviced? Thanks.
Big Fred1 is offline Find More Posts by Big Fred1
Old Jul 12, 2015, 09:31 AM
Find More Posts by knotted
Marietta,GA
Joined Jun 2007
83 Posts
I updated my 730I to 5.94 firmware. What settings do I need to change to charge the G6 at the higher voltages. Any updated instructions, please?
knotted is offline Find More Posts by knotted
Old Jul 12, 2015, 05:55 PM
Joined Jun 2015
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotted View Post
I updated my 730I to 5.94 firmware. What settings do I need to change to charge the G6 at the higher voltages. Any updated instructions, please?
If you upgraded to the new firmware then there should be "HvLi" setting in the battery charge type.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 13, 2015, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by apriliamille
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2008
301 Posts
is hyperion getting out of motors? those prices are are very eye opening on the website
apriliamille is online now Find More Posts by apriliamille
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:39 AM
Joined Jun 2015
232 Posts
We are lowering prices to become more competitive, for example our new 6ch DSM2 Compatible Receiver is only $13.95usd

http://www.aircraft-world.com/en/p1587770-hp-6rxdsm2fr
Site Sponsor