|Sep 15, 2003, 01:40 AM|
START HERE - How to propose a new forum
New forum requests are common. The following procedure explains how they will be handled from now on.
1. A new forum may be proposed by any user with at least 100 posts. Please give us detailed information so we can understand your request. Use this form to guide you. See an example request here.
2. Once your thread has generated 20 replies from other users who agree that the proposal is a good one, compile the list of names and inform an admin or moderator. The site management will review the list and most likely call for a vote.
3. The administrator will create a thread with a yes/no poll attached to it, and will announce this thread in the appropriate area (e.g. Open Discussion, Airplane Talk, etc). The vote must gather at least 40 responses. 75% of the votes must be "yes".
4. If the vote passes, the new forum will be placed in the "Trial Forums" category for at least 30 days. During this probation period the forum will be monitored to see if it is being used. If the forum proves to be successful, it will be moved to the main forum listing.
5. If the vote fails, the process will have to be started over, but no sooner than 30 days, please.
Please note that the site admins may decide to circumvent the above process, if the idea is particularly strong.
Last edited by jbourke; Apr 12, 2005 at 01:40 PM.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|FAQ||START HERE - How to propose a new forum||Mike Kolesnikov||New Forum Requests||1||Apr 25, 2010 01:18 PM|
|Hello, new to the forum. How do you make a coil actuator flap?||FlipperSail||Ornithopters||13||Aug 06, 2004 08:31 AM|
|New to forum...How do I post a .mpeg or .avi||QuietRiot||Parkflyers||5||Dec 29, 2003 07:27 PM|
|New Forum for Parkflyers?||Allan Wright||Electric Plane Talk||7||Aug 06, 2001 01:28 AM|
|How to make the new APC Electric props fit your adapter||Joe Elston||Electric Plane Talk||6||Jun 17, 2001 02:56 AM|