SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2015, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by Dennis Geister
Joined Dec 2014
6 Posts
Discussion
Old Pilot --- FUSTRATED

Hi guys

Really frustrated here. I have a TH9X with a smartieparts board installed. I would like to flash ut to ER9X. Problem I am having is finding the ER9X software and finding instructions on how to flash it with the smartieparts board. All websites that I have found have been either discontinued or show how to flash it but don't say what their flashing, where to get the software or not using the board but have a wired in an EEPROM editor.

So I guess what I need is where to find the ER9X software and how to flash it with the smartieparts board.

If anybody could point this old frustrated pilot in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Dennis Geister is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Geister
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2015, 11:46 PM
KC
Find More Posts by KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,461 Posts
No need to go it alone. There's plenty of us here willing to help.

Have a look at this site. It should contain all the info you need to flash your 9x.
http://code.google.com/p/eepe/

You will need eepe to flash ER9X to the Tx. eepe can be downloded from here. http://eepe.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/eePeInstall.zip
ER9X can be downloaded from here. http://er9x.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/er9x.hex

This is a video tutorial from the above site.

eePe Quickstart (1 min 5 sec)
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Last edited by KC; Jan 11, 2015 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Dead link.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:38 AM
Joined Dec 2014
6 Posts
mmmm now i'm getting this. Really dont know what this means. Have new computer with Windows 8.1. Cant fined anything on computer indicating windows 6.2. It still refuses to flash.
Any ideas?

================================================== ===============================
Started AVRDUDE
C:/Program Files (x86)/eePe/eepe.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -P usb -U eeprom:r:C:/Users/Dennis/AppData/Local/Temp/eebackup.hex:i
================================================== ===============================
Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:47 PM
KC
Find More Posts by KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,461 Posts
Sorry you are having so much trouble, but it's only difficult the first time around.

I'm not familiar with the Smartieparts board, so I can't really help you there. There seems to be some good instructions on what to do on the SP board site, though. Perhaps you can glean some ideas there.

http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...f55f813886f5f5
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Jan 11, 2015, 01:20 PM
Joined Dec 2014
6 Posts
Thanks

thanks KC
Old Apr 22, 2015, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by RcPro97
Joined Nov 2014
76 Posts
I have the same problem happening. It brings up the window saying Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!and then opens a new eepe. Any luck on finding a solution?
RcPro97 is offline Find More Posts by RcPro97
Old Apr 22, 2015, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,899 Posts
Maybe you can run it in "compatibility mode" Perhaps it is not Windows 8.1 compatible.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windo...2-223793.shtml
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Apr 22, 2015, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by RcPro97
Joined Nov 2014
76 Posts
Thanks. Just tried that and still having a problem. It displays

Started AVRDUDE
C:/Program Files (x86)/eePe/eepe.exe -c usbasp -p m64 -P usb -U eeprom:r:C:/Users/DavidB/AppData/Local/Temp/eebackup.hex:i

Then opens a new blank eepe.
RcPro97 is offline Find More Posts by RcPro97
Old Apr 22, 2015, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by rocketnz
Australia, NSW, North Bondi
Joined Apr 2013
361 Posts
This guys got it working http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1900864

Lots of hits on eepe windows 8 if you search google for it.
rocketnz is online now Find More Posts by rocketnz
Old Apr 22, 2015, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by springer
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
10,642 Posts
I had a similar avrdude issue when I upgraded laptops to 8.1, and the solution wasn't too bad, (but I forgot how i did it). The best thing to do is go to this thread and ask your questions: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266162 It is a pretty massive thread, and you can probably use the search function to find the discussions on getting avrdude to work with Win8 but if you ask the question on last page, I'm sure one of the gurus will point you to the correct area. It is a pretty common problem for those of us not computer programmer geeks. My self included!

I should note that I have a 9x with smartie parts board and love it! It has been rock solid, never lost a bind, or had a brown out or any of the other occasional problems other protocols seem to have. Range is way beyond my vision. The er9x programming is reallly intuitive once you learn the "language" which is pretty easy. I was able to set up crow on my 8ft scratch built glider in about 20minutes from figuring out what "crow" meant to being able to execute it on the plane.
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by springer
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
10,642 Posts
Hey Dennis, a guy just asked about avrdude not working on the thread I pointed you to, you can join in that discussion!
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer