lurking

lurking
cncfoam is offline Find More Posts by cncfoam
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2015, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by dlatowsk
Joined Jan 2015
7 Posts
Hey all, getting ready to do my first build, but what are the best sites to find the parts that Ill need? I know hobbyking has a lot of stuff but what else is out there?
dlatowsk is offline Find More Posts by dlatowsk
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by bobepine
Joined Jun 2011
9,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlatowsk View Post
Hey all, getting ready to do my first build, but what are the best sites to find the parts that Ill need? I know hobbyking has a lot of stuff but what else is out there?
Armattan DIY kits. One stop shopping-Everything you need to complete the build. Here's an example: http://www.armattanquads.com/cf355-diy-kit/

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:30 PM
Find More Posts by jbarchuk
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlatowsk View Post
Normally I would not recommend anything as spectacularly performance-designed as a Armattan for a newbie but I see by your other posts that you do have some experience.

Be aware that this is the equivalent of stepping out of a Yugo and sitting down in Maserati. The difference is literally light years.

The KK2 and such can be detuned down to diaper mode to learn orientation. Then turn up the agility to toddler mode to learn simple maneuvers and basic flight.

The -advantage- of going straight to an Armattan is that you're always flying the same quad and it will always behave very -similarly- as you turn up its -capabilities-.

As a relative newbie I still recommend buying a kit because you don't know how to design something from scratch. Even if get a standard frame you still need to use the -recommended- motors/ESCs/props. The kit will always cost less than buying the same parts separately.
jbarchuk is online now Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Mar 05, 2015, 10:13 AM
Find More Posts by RaymondM
Multitotor Pilot/Web Designer
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
2,408 Posts
Armattan kits for sure, best quad in the industry, hands down.
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
RCG Plus Member