New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:06 PM
Find More Posts by kitetricks
Flying Object Crash Tester
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jun 2013
661 Posts
It's amazing how well it flies, but it is missing about the same amount from each wing.
kitetricks is offline Find More Posts by kitetricks
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2015, 02:24 AM
Find More Posts by benz11
Australia, WA, North Perth
Joined Jan 2014
114 Posts
I really hope HH replaces the Pole Cat with another symmetrical-winged 1S sports plane soon... Mine has been permanently retired, but was always such a blast to fly!
benz11 is online now Find More Posts by benz11
Last edited by benz11; Apr 20, 2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Gibson
Joined Jun 2014
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11 View Post
I really hope HH replaces the Pole Cat with another symmetrical-winged 1S sports plane soon... Mine has been permanently retired, but was always such a blast to fly!
ABSOLUTELY +1! The little 1s Sport aerobactic hot rods like the Polecat and Sukhoi are ALOT of FUN to flip and flop around, and take a good bit of punishment.....doesn't really matter to me whether they have AS3X or not!
Bill Gibson is offline Find More Posts by Bill Gibson
Old Jun 01, 2015, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by benz11
Australia, WA, North Perth
Joined Jan 2014
114 Posts
Agreed Bill!†

Plus, (most importantly for me) they are a great (or even neccessary?) stepping stone from a 1S UM T-28 or P-51 to a 2S UMX plane. When I was learning to fly, I went from T-28 -> Pole Cat -> Yak-54, but that Yak wouldn't have lasted more than a few flights if I had tried to fly it straight after the T-28. The experience the UM Pole Cat gave me was priceless!
benz11 is online now Find More Posts by benz11
Last edited by benz11; Jun 02, 2015 at 12:47 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2015, 12:48 AM
Joined Jun 2013
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11 View Post
Agreed Bill!†

Plus, (most importantly for me) they are a great/neccessary stepping stone from a 1S UM T-28 or P-51 to a 2S UMX plane. When I was learning to fly, I went T-28 -> Pole Cat -> Yak-54, but that Yak wouldn't have lasted more than a few flights if I had tried to fly it straight after the T-28. The experience the UM Pole Cat gave me was priceless!
+1 Champ, T-28, Polecat, Sbach, Yak-54
The Polecat was the aerobatic king in my 1S growth since the Sukoi had already been retired. looking at shapes I'm guessing the Polecat was better in wind than the Sukoi also.

1S, symmetrical wing, AS3X, and that little brushless motor for the Nano CP X heli. The ultimate don't leave home without it airplane. Fly anywhere, anytime.
Old Jun 03, 2015, 07:04 PM
Find More Posts by shepflyr
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
959 Posts
+1 on all three of the last posts!

As all of you've said, I, too, learned a lot on them and love both of 'em!

And sometimes it's just great to go back to the Polekitty or Sukhoi XP and fly without AS3X. No wind = Polekitty. Wind = XP sans LG over grass.

Tom
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Old Jun 04, 2015, 01:50 AM
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
5,629 Posts
My XP lost its gear quite early on in its life.
I was flying over grass so took the gear off and placed it by my feet. By the time I'd burned through all the electric and packed up I forgot all about it. Went back to the park to get them again but couldn't see them anywhere...

I did get another set but as yet I've not bothered using them!

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phase 6 sport
Old Jun 19, 2015, 09:12 AM
Find More Posts by minchomexa
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Sep 2011
65 Posts
got a polecat that needs some fuselage repairs....just wondering about buying a new fuselage or maybe doing a scratch build with the guts....any thoughts? suggestions?
minchomexa is offline Find More Posts by minchomexa
Old Jun 19, 2015, 09:17 AM
Joined Jun 2013
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minchomexa View Post
got a polecat that needs some fuselage repairs....just wondering about buying a new fuselage or maybe doing a scratch build with the guts....any thoughts? suggestions?
I love the lines of the Polecat, but if you like building and don't have any sentimental value in a busted up Polecat doing a scratch build is a thought. I've been debating that with a busted up HyperTaxi I ran across.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 09:19 AM
Find More Posts by minchomexa
United States, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Sep 2011
65 Posts
bought it used a while back, just wanted an upgrade from the p-51. I was looking at the flite test micros, but they're too big for those guts....
no sentimental value at all, so i'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions. honestly $35.00 for a new fuselage from HH seems a little steep....
minchomexa is offline Find More Posts by minchomexa
Old Jun 19, 2015, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by Toastermoore
Toaster, not Toast
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Feb 2014
112 Posts
You could look at StevensAero and Mountain Models for some nice balsa kits designed for the electronics from the Horizon micros. Unfortunately, their designs tend to be rudder/elevator only and not quick. There are some nice builds on the scratchbuilt foam forum. Sadly, I've been looking for a comparable replacement for a while now and haven't found anything I'm happy with yet.

-Topher
Toastermoore is offline Find More Posts by Toastermoore