Why? It's like a stealth launch....
Brush Hog is online now Find More Posts by Brush Hog
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:23 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,774 Posts
The prototype has been showing for over a year at different events so its no mystery. Plus, I hate to say it because I'm a big Yak-55 fan, it doesn't seem to be the most popular style of aircraft. If this were a brand new sexy Extra it would be big news. The little 46 Yak-55 always seemed to be in stock while all the other planes in that size range sold out. I'll get the new 60 Yak in black/yellow at some point in the near future, I don't think I'll have to worry that it will run out of stock.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Last edited by Bloosee; Sep 16, 2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 01:53 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,738 Posts
Is there no thread here? I went looking for one but came up empty. I just saw they are due in and I have most of the pieces to get one in the air.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Sep 19, 2014, 04:52 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
846 Posts
No talk......it's because everyone is anxiously awaiting EF's new 60" Yak EXP to hit the warehouse!
LOL........
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore
Old Sep 19, 2014, 07:05 PM
Joined Sep 2004
5,738 Posts
Got a link for that?

I used to own their smaller Yak 54 and wasn't impressed. But that was long ago and early in my flying career.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 07:47 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Joined Jan 2012
2,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygilmore View Post
No talk......it's because everyone is anxiously awaiting EF's new 60" Yak EXP to hit the warehouse!
LOL........
Seriously, because EF has a new plane coming out nobody cares about 3DHS's new plane.. makes no sense.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 08:33 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,333 Posts
I think it's neat that there will shortly be both a yak 54 and a yak 55 in the 60" size. They both look cool (each in its own different way), and I'm sure they'll both fly great.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Sep 19, 2014, 09:54 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloosee View Post
Seriously, because EF has a new plane coming out nobody cares about 3DHS's new plane.. makes no sense.
Ok, let me break it down for you real simple like........It was a joke dude! I was implying that Yak lovers were on the EF threads instead of here. I mean face it, EF has always had a superior looking/flying Yak 54 to anyone else out there....just MHO tho. The 55 typically has less interest than the 54.
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:00 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Joined Jan 2012
2,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygilmore View Post
Ok, let me break it down for you real simple like........It was a joke dude! I was implying that Yak lovers were on the EF threads instead of here. I mean face it, EF has always had a superior looking/flying Yak 54 to anyone else out there....just MHO tho. The 55 typically has less interest than the 54.
I agree that the 54 gets more interest than the 55, it's more modern looking. The 55 is a love it or hate sort of thing. I happen to love the look of the 55. It seems like the two companies are splitting the Yak market. EF does the 54 while 3DHS does the 55.
Old Oct 02, 2014, 06:29 AM
Learning is worth the effort
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2009
253 Posts
Quote:
I agree that the 54 gets more interest than the 55, it's more modern looking. The 55 is a love it or hate sort of thing. I happen to love the look of the 55. It seems like the two companies are splitting the Yak market. EF does the 54 while 3DHS does the 55.
I like the 55 too. The ugly bubble canopy makes it look uniquely cool especially with the black and yellow scheme.

I think 3DHS is falling down on the job by not having one of their guys start a thread on it. Seems like 3DHS is too busy going to fly-ins and not minding the store. But of course if they had fly-ins near me that would be okay because I would be at all of them and could care less about the store.
lbrinson is online now Find More Posts by lbrinson
Old Oct 02, 2014, 08:28 AM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Joined Jan 2012
2,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrinson View Post
I like the 55 too. The ugly bubble canopy makes it look uniquely cool especially with the black and yellow scheme.

I think 3DHS is falling down on the job by not having one of their guys start a thread on it. Seems like 3DHS is too busy going to fly-ins and not minding the store. But of course if they had fly-ins near me that would be okay because I would be at all of them and could care less about the store.
Maybe they are too busy trying to figure out how to replace Joe Smith who quit yesterday. It is curious about there being no thread at all on a brand new plane.
Old Oct 02, 2014, 12:24 PM
Learning is worth the effort
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2009
253 Posts
Quote:
Maybe they are too busy trying to figure out how to replace Joe Smith who quit yesterday. It is curious about there being no thread at all on a brand new plane.
Wow...no Joe Smith? Wonder why? I bet AJ Aircraft has an opening.
lbrinson is online now Find More Posts by lbrinson
Last edited by lbrinson; Oct 02, 2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2014, 12:37 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Joined Jan 2012
2,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrinson View Post
Wow...no Joe Smith? Wonder why?
Can't really blame him for wanting out. He's still a kid and probably wants to attend college and work on an actual career and doesn't want to fly models his whole life. Plus when you are that good, there really isn't much room for improvement. We have a couple club members who are excellent pilots but they basically quit flying there wasn't enough challenge anymore.
Old Oct 02, 2014, 12:59 PM
Joined Sep 2004
5,738 Posts
His comment on Facebook was that he wanted to fly MORE. Presumably somehow his sponsored status was getting in the way of that?

Credit to 3DMike for the screengrab.
Old Oct 02, 2014, 01:39 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
Joined Jan 2012
2,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
His comment on Facebook was that he wanted to fly MORE. Presumably somehow his sponsored status was getting in the way of that?

Credit to 3DMike for the screengrab.
I read that but didn't totally understand it. I guess I just don't get why you can't fly as much as you want if your sponsored.