HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Freewing A6 Intruder

A very complete kit

Splash

Scaled-out foam

The A6 Intruder has earned it's place in the history books as an all-weather, multi-role attack aircraft. It's unique lines and side-by-side seating configuration make it stand out at local fields often dominated by F-18's and A-10 foamies. Nicely scaled and painted, the Freewing A6 Intruder is just what the pilot masses have been asking for. With a 12 blade 80mmcomposite fan unit with metal housing and 80 amp esc, the Intruder has plenty of power (6 lbs of thrust) for aerobatic maneuvers and high speed passes.

Also included in the kit are all servos and scale electric retracts.

Features:

• 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3530-1750KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound and an incredible 6 lbs of thrust
  • Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the A6 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
  • Super scale details include two hand painted pilots, full instrument panel, refueling probe, scale drop tanks, airfoil panel lines, and complete USS Forrestal graphics package
  • Optional weapons set can be added for increased realism
  • 80 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
  • Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
  • Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
  • Full function drop down flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
  • Full function linked horizontal stabilizer/elevator gives incredible climb and descent capability and true to life scale detail
  • Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
  • Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
  • Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.

Requires:

• Minimum 6 Channel Radio
  • 6 Channel Receiver
  • 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector
  • Lipo Battery Charger

Link to product website

Last edited by Matt Gunn; May 22, 2014 at 08:20 AM..

Discussion

Old May 22, 2014, 09:49 AM
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Apr 2011
14 Posts
I've been wait hating on this one. Now all I have to do is find some clams so I can get one .��
Mr.Breakemparts is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Breakemparts
Old May 22, 2014, 10:10 AM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,615 Posts
There is already a thread on this in the foamy forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2065541

New Freewing 80mm A-6 Intruder EDF
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old May 22, 2014, 04:24 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,675 Posts
After flying their 64mm F-22, and it being my first EDF and the best-flying foamy I've ever flown, I want this. I want this badly...
Rampage is online now Find More Posts by Rampage
Old May 23, 2014, 01:03 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,721 Posts
Maidened one the other day, it's a floater ... you can fly this thing with a nice sized pack... really nice configs on it too.. big flaps and decent scale looks
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771