Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:32 PM
Joey Johnson
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
Discussion
Outrigger/Engine ?? pro mod

hello everyone

Im getting back into model boats. I used to have a few razor 45 gas monos 3 or 4 years ago and got rid of them. So anyways Im about to purchase a cajun bullet outrigger from a fella and want to know if that boat can compete with the rest of the outriggers out there as far as speed and racing. Also looking to put the best pro mod zenoah on that rigger as well. Looked into some such as Redline, CC, and also Warehouse Hobbies(which is the cheapest so far) and the guy tony seems very intelligent. I want to go 70+ mph and need to know what setup I need. Also saw how there are these bored 29.5cc engines as well but dont know if they are what Im looking for..

thanks alot
flyordie33 is offline Find More Posts by flyordie33
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:46 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2011
602 Posts
I know very little about boats but if you've got the money, these engines look like they'd make it go fast: http://http://www.quickdrawengines.com/Page_204.html they've got more power then a lot of the fully modded Zenoah engines I've seen
builder bob is offline Find More Posts by builder bob
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:40 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,933 Posts
Stick with a 26cc engine as the 29 and 30's aren't really making as much of a difference in speed as some had hoped they would.
Stay away from the cheap engines if you want to hit 70+ as those won't get you there, you want a good modded engine to do that. This guy sells a LOT of modded mills: http://www.ccracingengines.com/
Toss an ABC 2816 prop on it also as that's one that should get you to your goal.

BTW, you got lucky if you got a Cajun Bullet 'rigger as Harold Broussard died a couple of years ago so no more will be made.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:19 PM
Joey Johnson
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
Thanks Ron! Do you know much about the xforce (m6) engines from warehouse hobbies? Seems like they are good and will produce as Hp as the rest of them...
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:33 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,933 Posts
Not that much. I've held one in my hands but that's about it. www.zippkits.com is carrying them also and they are somewhat a clone of the Zenoah's but they come with a full-circle crank and Easy-Start stock. they've been test-run and hand-assembled here in the US so you know that you won't have to open it up to see if anything got left inside.
With the current prices of Zenoah's coming down it's almost a toss-up between the two.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joey Johnson
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
Ok thanks for the info!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:53 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
What about a modded RCMK, are they still making as much or more power as the modded zenoah's for less money?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:30 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,933 Posts
The RCMK's out of the box make more power than a stock Zenoah so less modding needs to be done. Who does the mods can make a huge difference as some can do them in levels or to a specific type of hull.