SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Shance how is the system working in "real-life"? Did you also try the ultrasound modules?
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:10 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
Once these ship, if the code fits on them and there's enough pins, which I think there would be, it would enable even smaller modules:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-usb-dev-board

The USB connector can be hacked off after it's programmed.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:03 AM
België, Brussel, Brussel
Joined Nov 2010
284 Posts
@beefxer: I don't plan on selling any since I don't have the time to do so. I will however do my best to get a video online to show you how you can do this yourself. It's really easy. All you need to to is solder some connections and then program an arduino. Arduino was designed to be easy.

@msev: no didn't get the time. Too bad. I have everything ready to do a test with a static ground target shooting it from my plane in the air. Just need to find some time to actually do it. Weather is also nice so that's not the problem.

@grimbeaver: If you're really looking for a smaller footprint you can easily do it with a barebone arduino using smd parts. You only need the pic (with arduino bootloader), a resistor, 2 caps and a crystal for the arduino part. All the other parts are related to the IR and RC connections so you would have to add them to this smaller board also. Looks like a nice board though (just backed it myself).
sh4nce is offline Find More Posts by sh4nce
Last edited by sh4nce; Sep 09, 2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
This would be awsome to try!!!
I really want to try this, will this do the same thing as the one your using? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ler_Board.html
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
Last edited by chester2240; Sep 09, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:21 AM
België, Brussel, Brussel
Joined Nov 2010
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester2240 View Post
This would be awsome to try!!!
I really want to try this, will this do the same thing as the one your using? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ler_Board.html
Yes that's a very similar board. IT even has a USB connector built in so easier to program. Every arduino can be used.

Except for some technical differences that aren't very important to this project only the form factor is different. The smaller and lighter the better (especially for small planes).
sh4nce is offline Find More Posts by sh4nce
Old Jul 03, 2013, 11:21 AM
Joined Jul 2013
1 Posts
IR Anlayzer & Decoder

May be of interest for RC projects...

We have just launched a Crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo for AnalysIR - IR Decoder & Analyzer. Currently we support 17 IR protocols and are looking for more to add as part of the campaign. Suggestions Welcome!

You can find out more about the Campaign on http://bit.ly/1b7oZXH or Screenshot via www.AnalysIR.com

...tnx
AnalysIR is offline Find More Posts by AnalysIR
Old Aug 19, 2014, 03:21 AM
Germany, BY, Neuburg an der Donau
Joined Sep 2008
13 Posts
unfortunatly the link in the first post is down.
so does anybode have the code from the link?
or a similar project?

iīd like to play around with it, but the thread owner donīt answer my pmīs and as mentioned above the link is down...

Thanks Flo
flow86 is offline Find More Posts by flow86
Old Sep 25, 2014, 09:44 AM
France
Joined Aug 2010
107 Posts
Still testing it but that the one I made. Will improve it when i'll get items I bought from China.

Max range with sun 100m for now. No pm to ask for code, I'm still working on it.

RC Ir fighting project (3 min 17 sec)
voodou is offline Find More Posts by voodou
Last edited by voodou; Sep 25, 2014 at 11:43 AM.