Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:03 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobatic Addict View Post
I just ordered a 76mm turbo spinner in red and another in black from HobbyKing international location (not available at the USA warehouse). It will probably be about 30 days but I'm in no rush. Hopefully they will be half way decent quality. I have had very bad luck with Hobbyking for almost everything other than batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
Same here the few things I have order except for battery's when straight into the garbage can......for the money I have into these aircrafts I can swing a good spinner

Back around 2000 my pattern plane build painted and cover by me cost me around 7k so those ARF are very inexpensive nowadays
There are some excellent quality items from HobbyKing these days, and support has gotten much better since they opened the New York customer service center.

An example of an excellent HK product is the F3A Arcus biplane.
It is essentially a scaled down copy of the Oxai Amethyst. It is the best $130 you will ever spend on an ARF.
There are a couple of good threads here on RCG (it was originally named Ozone but HK changed the name at release).
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:12 AM
Joined Apr 2013
249 Posts
It's more then for fetch to compare the quality of Oxai plane to HobbyKing

There's cheap and then cheap....
Dansy is online now Find More Posts by Dansy
Old Jul 30, 2014, 07:49 AM
Oakland township, Michigan
Joined Jun 2005
731 Posts
Mikey,

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with the wobble issue. Out of curiosity, how long have you had this issue? I am also curious about the number of flights that you have on the plane. After taking the motor apart, I am not sure of how serious of a problem the wobble might be, but I would like to address the issue.

Thanks,

Teo
viva_peru is offline Find More Posts by viva_peru
Last edited by viva_peru; Jul 30, 2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:31 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,828 Posts
Vanquish

if anyone is interested in a half built, half packaged Vanquish kit let me know.

I will make you a great deal

Local pickup around the Houston area
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 13, 2014, 07:16 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
if anyone is interested in a half built, half packaged Vanquish kit let me know.

I will make you a great deal

Local pickup around the Houston area
Wrong time...I now have a 2 meter. BUT...money talks. (Don't tell my wife...lol)
Da Big_G is offline Find More Posts by Da Big_G