HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2015, 12:59 PM
United States, NY, Liverpool
Joined Dec 2014
193 Posts
Discussion
Imax B6 owners...I need your help!

The 2nd screen on my Genuine imax B6 charger failed(but the charger still works)..and I was notified today that I have to go through SkyRC for warranty service since it's the second failure.

I placed an order for an iCharger, but I'm guessing that it won't arrive for another 4-5days.

I'm hoping that there's a way to blindly navigate the imax so that I can charge batteries until a replacement arrives.

I haven't used my charger enough to remember if it always starts on the same screen when powered up....or if it starts on whatever screen it was on when I powered it off last.

I have memory settings set for 2,3, 4S batteries....so if someone could help me navigate(blindly) to the memory settings menu, I might be able to use the charger until a new one arrives.
gbk233 is online now Find More Posts by gbk233
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2015, 08:23 PM
Kid, adult ? Kidult !
Joined Jan 2014
50 Posts
Regarding to the risks of making a mistake, and causing very important damage, I wouldn't recommend you to try this. Even if I understand your position. Consider that it might be not worth the risk (1 week without flying)

But to answer your question, when you turn it on, you see the Program Select Menu.
Press left button 5 times to reach " LOAD DATA " screen, then press enter.
The problem there is that you can't see what saved program you want to load, so you'll end up making a mistake.
Even more important than that, without a functional screen, you can't check the charging process. Which is a really bad thing.

Maybe you could find someone near you who would kindly accept to charge your lipos for you until you fix your problem ?
Maybe you're the customer of a RC shop nearby, who would accept to charge your batteries because you can't wait to fly.
Good luck !
KiDuIt is offline Find More Posts by KiDuIt
Old Mar 02, 2015, 08:25 PM
Joined Dec 2014
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDuIt View Post
Regarding to the risks of making a mistake, and causing very important damage, I wouldn't recommend you to try this. Even if I understand your position. Consider that it might be not worth the risk.

But to answer your question, when you turn it on, you see the Program Select Menu.
Press left button 5 times to reach " LOAD DATA " screen, then press enter.
The problem there is that you can't see what saved program you want to load, to you'll end up making a mistake.
Even more important than that, without a functional screen, you can't check the charging process. Which is a really bad thing.

Maybe you could find someone near you who would kindly accept to charge your lipos for you until you fix your problem ?
Maybe you're the customer of a RC shop nearby, who would accept to charge your batteries because you can't wait to fly.
Good luck !
No friends that are into RC.

If I can get to memory#2 I would be go to go. Obviously the charger will stop when battery is finished.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
6,316 Posts
You posed a question, got good advice and chose to ignore it.

I hope your insurance is in good standing.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM
Joined Dec 2014
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
You posed a question, got good advice and chose to ignore it.

I hope your insurance is in good standing.

Glen
If haven't ignored anything....nor have I yet to try to charge a battery yet.

My point was that if I could get to Memory #2 (which includes charge settings and voltage limits).

I certainly never would attempt to charge a lipo unattended....not mention, I would have manually checked voltage with a voltage meter intermittently.
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM
United States, MI, Wyandotte
Joined Dec 2014
328 Posts
gbk.. scrap charger and just wait until New charger arrives thats all ..
BigBadDogg is offline Find More Posts by BigBadDogg