Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:09 PM
TEAM HORIZON
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,549 Posts
Discussion
12x tip aileron question

Hi Guys,
I have a friend who has a sailplane set up with a 12X and he has the tip aileron function selected.
Problems is, the aileron trim does not trim the tip aileron. I have looked all through the menu's, I have asked Horizon and nobody can tell me why. I find it hard to believe this has not been talked about before. Are we missing something?

Thanks guys
LEN

www.RcAerotowing.com
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,591 Posts
Ask Tom Kallevang, he is the only guy I know that has messed with it since 99.9% of J/B models do not have a third section on a TE. I used a 12X for a while and never even knew it had the option.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2005
639 Posts
Len,

Have you gone to the balance function to tie the 2 servos together?
Or you can try this

See attached

All the best

Bill
Billymac is online now Find More Posts by Billymac
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:16 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
903 Posts
The attached PDF file is for ACRO and not GLID programming. If we are speaking of the GLID mode, the normal tip action acts as if there were a hidden program mix of AILE -> TIPA. This mix will tie the tip movement to the aileron movements except it excludes the trim. So what can be done is to set up two program mixes.

The first mix of AILE -> TIPA using -100% POS0 rates will neutralize the internal mix that is causing the problem. A second mix of AIL+ -> TIPA will tie the tip moment to the main aileron movement and also include the main aileron's trim.

If one only needs separate tip aileron trim, this can easily be set up by mixing an unused aux channel into the tip.

Allan
AWorrest is online now Find More Posts by AWorrest
Last edited by AWorrest; Oct 28, 2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Offer solution
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:23 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,779 Posts
Larry Jolly knows how to fix this, because he helped set up the program for my ASH-31, I'll let him know he needs to chime in here. I can easily adjust the outer ailerons on my 31, I also use the samerogram on my Lunak since it also has a triple trailing edge.
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000