SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2011, 12:18 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
This should help bring things together. This site has added more photos and help info as of late. Very high quality visuals.

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/multiwiicopter-wiki
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2011, 12:26 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Awesome link. Now lets see if this old dog can learn new tricks. hehe
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Last edited by seadog1967; Apr 01, 2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 04:36 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
Ok guys, here is some good tips. Tip 1= Do not try to fly this Quad in High winds!!!! fly in under 10mph winds. the quad will get very erratic and will flip in high winds.Tip 2= when you power on the quad make sure the quad is level and upright. don't flip it over and plug it in then turn it back over. the sensors don't like that. Also for a previous question. once you get the quad adjusted the way you want it will store it in memory. you just may need to do slight adjustments when you fly.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Apr 01, 2011, 04:54 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Ok guys, here is some good tips. Tip 1= Do not try to fly this Quad in High winds!!!! fly in under 10mph winds. the quad will get very erratic and will flip in high winds.Tip 2= when you power on the quad make sure the quad is level and upright. don't flip it over and plug it in then turn it back over. the sensors don't like that. Also for a previous question. once you get the quad adjusted the way you want it will store it in memory. you just may need to do slight adjustments when you fly.
Ah ha. wonder if sometimes my issues are when powering it on it isn't always level. Wicked tip.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 04:57 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
I was messing with mine today. and tried to make it mess up. well that is what I found so far. Wind = erratic flying and crash, turning it on while it is upsidedown or sideways = motors powering up on one side or the other first causing flip on the ground. and that goes for both modes.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:08 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
I Wind = erratic flying and crash, turning it on while it is upsidedown or sideways = motors powering up on one side or the other first causing flip on the ground. and that goes for both modes.
Sounds like your PID settings are off.... This will only happen if your PID settings are wrong. What are your PID settings?

Have you been changing them ? You should not change them too much unless you really understand what is going on, and test test test. If you change the P value,that means your going to need to change the I and D values too. It is a mathematical equation and your getting them all out of sync. So it will go "erratic" and will not be able to correct itself . They make all the difference in the world.

Go back to default settings ...

I fly in 25 + MPH wind No problem all the time...Both modes.

Here is me testing autolevel is 25mph wind.

Project of Wed 02 Mar 2011 09:15:24 AM PST (1 min 3 sec)

2. It is always a good practice to make sure any quad is level before plugging it in.... Do not be lazy
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; Apr 01, 2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:13 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
Witespy. my P= 3.5 for roll and pitch. I never mess with the I, D I think I went down one that is about it. and I changed the level to 9 I may go 8
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:15 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Now looking at alternatives to covering the top of the quad circuits besides using the extra plate you can order. I found this at Ocean State Job Lot. Freshness Keepers. LOL
the 20 oz is perfect size. What I like it it covers the whole are but more so if you cut out the center of the lid you can mount it on the plate will all the electronics on it. Here's the neat thing about it. It has four clip hinges to lock it onto the bowl. Meaning if you have to get into the electronic area all you have to to is unclip it. I plan on probably Velcro to hold the base (top) on or maybe small screws. Cost $1.50 Clear so you can still see if lights light up or you can paint the inside or put lights around it. Sturdy enough to mount something on top and also sturdy enough to survive crash.

Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:27 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Actually the best flight I had (consistent) was in high winds when it was blowing 19-23mph and I totally suck at this flying right now. Umm maybe it was the wind keeping it up for me. LOL But I'll say it was probably luck. I know the PID settings will vary between quads but why don't everyone post a screen shot of theirs.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:33 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
I will post a screen pic later. I just made another video of the quad flying in 10-15mph winds. and what I ment to put earlier, don't fly in winds if you are just starting out. if you have good control it will fly in wind.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:36 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
My first outdoor flight last night was in gusty winds over 16mph. I though it flew awesome. Would never have attempted to fly any of my past CP helis smaller than my 520mm blade Swift in those conditions.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:38 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
NIce and cheap .... very cool

I have some of the Dummy Dome Security Camera with LED's

if you want to go that direction ..

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:39 PM
South Carolina