SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:22 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,772 Posts
I still have my Cox Helldiver. I still have the original box too.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:30 AM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAF23 View Post
I can multitask well so my wardrobe and shoe closet don't get neglected either ;-)
RIGHT ON BAF!

LOL see this is where the guys will never be able to catch up.... they spend all day working on there models, feel tired and need to hit the recliner and ask up to bring them a beer.

But we have worked on 2 of our models and finished them, washed cloths folded them, made some lunch for every one, arranged our shoe and accessory's for the next day. Cleaned up our house and OUR HOBBY ROOM! ha! and then they want us to cook dinner for them.
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,861 Posts
ok see I was dreaming
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,112 Posts
lol....Ok so everyone wanted me to post about the cg thing... I found that on my bird it flies best when the cg is at 80mm. She flew just as everyone here says theres fly's at the 70mm. I took her up yesterday as its was the only calm morning for almost a month and it was great...she has a great feel in the air now and I feel very good with her touch and goes...she doesnt like to glide long or much but she is awesome!
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
The sky is the limit
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Hasselt
Joined Aug 2012
203 Posts
Hey Spookeay, you're close in the assessment, except I don't have to care to serve beer, I'm alone and drink it by myself (Belgium has a big choice in quality beers, but I often prefer a tasty whine to relax). The drawback is that I have to take care of all the stuff at home myself (painting, drilling, car and camper maintenance etc).

And for the people who think my shoe collection is all over the place, I only had them lined up (for pictures) in 2008 when I installed a dedicated self made sliding shoe closet capable of holding 160 pairs (so I had more free space for other things)

To get back on topic, I saw on the pictures you have 3 DC3's and in the video's saw they flew very stable and landed nicely without tipping over or so. Do you still fly the Dynam cg (60-65mm) and what di you think about moving it more back (as P51 flyby tried). I don't dare to think what it would do to the stability in the air, but recon the advantages of having more weight on the tail for steering on the ground and minimizing tipping on the nose (I still fly with the long original prop shafts)
BAF23 is online now Find More Posts by BAF23
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,150 Posts
I fly mine at stock CG settings. I have 3, one of them I corrected the direction the engines point.. On that one, I had to add weight to the nose. The reason they did that with the engiens is because the model is not right in it's balance so they pointed the engines down to compensate for it.

But yes,,, they are very good flying planes. All the Dynam stuff is pretty laid back and easy to fly.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:12 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
571 Posts
Spookeay, how about that Dynam Grand Cruiser? How do you like that one? Do you purchase your Dynam's through Nitroplanes or Grayson Hobby?
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:18 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
571 Posts
BAF23, when do you plan on building that Boeing 737? Jealous of that one particularly. Seems as though airliners are hard to come by here in the states.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:30 AM
The sky is the limit
Joined Aug 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
BAF23, when do you plan on building that Boeing 737? Jealous of that one particularly. Seems as though airliners are hard to come by here in the states.
I will start building the B737 when I complete my FMS T28 (presently modifying all the control hinges and installing a kind of fowler flap system, cockpit to be modified with side panels and pictures of the real instruments all around applied). Since two weeks I ordered a variety of items from various retailers in Honk Kong, USA and Germany to be able to build the B737 the way I want it (change sun 10 bladed fans with realistic jet noise, single slotted fowler flaps, spoilers, complete lightning with double strobes etc, stronger gear and realistic wheels, main and nose gear doors). Just gathering all necessary info (remember woman are not afraid to ask their way around instead of finding out everything themselves ;-) and parts took a few months. The r/c groups thread on the windrider B737 and its possible motorization both are more than 350 pages and took forever to read and filter the useable essentials. Purchasing the B737 is easy, order it directly from Ming in Hong Kong. He ships it all over the world (sometimes free) and people are pleased with his services. http://www.windrider.com.hk/index.asp
As for the finishing of both models, Calie has shipped the custom decals for the T28 and B737 (see pictures of the originals below) but for practical reasons of my choice, all the US ordered stuff will arrive together in one box in December. I can't wait to see what Santa will deposit under my tree.
B737 rc forum: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1366207
Change Sun 70mm 10 blade thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1521248
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:36 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
571 Posts
Thank you for the info BAF23. I'll have to look into your distributor. Looking forward to seeing yours done. Maybe some video? Enjoy!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
The sky is the limit
Joined Aug 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
Thank you for the info BAF23. I'll have to look into your distributor. Looking forward to seeing yours done. Maybe some video? Enjoy!
I wish I had people around me capable of making, editing and publishing video images, but in our r/c club most are just passionate about building and flying and have neither the means, technical abilities, nor the time to get images on the internet. It's a pity because I would love to share the beauty of my DC3 startups (with the MrRCsound system), take offs , low passes and overshoots with full flaps, landings and taxi in with shutdown sound. It is so much different from what I see here on the forum, with people taking off in a blink of my eyes while I accelerate slowly with the tail initially down, allowing it to rise and finally becoming airborne with a very shallow climb after a ground roll of about 100ft, (our renovated tarmac runway is 270ft by 60ft without surrounding obstacles. An airborne picture of our r/c runway next to the hangars of the real airplane field, which is uncontrolled and has a 2400x75ft tarmac runway and about a hundred resident aircraft/gliders/helicopters. Well established procedures ensure everybody flies in his own dedicated airspace and no serious problems occurred since 1960.
Last edited by BAF23; Nov 15, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:22 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,861 Posts
BAF23

Makeing and posting photo's and video is easy , if your computer
is runing any later windows XP or later . There is a movie maker
program which lets you edit ,add titles and more and is very simple
to use , then it make's you video in to an easily uploadable file for
you tube.

As for video camera's HK has some goodone as reasonable cost
that work well. If you need any help I'd be glade to help - just PM me.

I love your flying field , our club has 4 flying sites 3 grass and one
with a small paved runway , like you I like flying scale

below is a simple video made with windows moviemaker simple to do.
wing flex cessna 421.wmv (6 min 43 sec)
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:52 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lincs
Joined Apr 2011
276 Posts
Back to the thread for a minute.

I snapped a motor shaft yesterday when I nosed over on landing. (My CofG is 70mm).

Can't find any in UK, even at supplying model shop. Have contacted Graysons and Nitroplanes to see if they will consider mailing an order for 6. (I don't want to become UK supplier of parts, just have enough for further mis-haps)

Love all the extra stuff on here, it seems one of the most active and interesting threads going. No matter what the topic!!

Oh well, time to put on one of my 7 pairs of shoes and toddle off to the flying field to meet a few mates for the afternoon. A rare calm day with no fog for a change.

All the best to all contributors.

Will post if I get the shafts.

E G
electricgeoff is offline Find More Posts by electricgeoff
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1,150 Posts
Grason is about your only shot I know of. You should do the colet conversion and get it over with. Put the bolt cutters to it and chop it off

And RCFLYINFF....... the Grand Cruiser or 310 as I call it.... flys great. it's very very fast with 9x6 props... sweet on landings but does not like a lot of G's so fly it fast but fly it flat.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:50 AM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Will likely be picking up this plane very soon, I need to know where to buy and how to install the steerable tail gear? Also I would like some extra clearance between the props and ground, could I add bigger tires? I read someone in here added shocks which in return raised the plane up a bit??
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21