SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 03, 2015, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by rondefly
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Joined Feb 2007
31 Posts
Discussion
YS-120-F is it gas or nitro

Hi, I was given one on a 1/4 scale piper, I was told this engine runs on fuel, (Nitro), however in checking the plane over I find a Dubro RED gas filler valve, In checking Dubro, that one is for GAS. and they say gas only, The person that gave me this is passed away and I sure would like to get it going. can someone straighten me out please.
Ron
rondefly is offline Find More Posts by rondefly
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2015, 05:12 PM
Find More Posts by Mark Wood
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
27,241 Posts
Might want to ask in the Fuel forums. This is Electrics.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Aug 03, 2015, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by twest
100% electric since 1990
United States, MA, Ware
Joined Jul 2001
1,430 Posts
This is the electric forum, and my last glo plane was in 1990, but I'm pretty sure that the engine you mention is glo. Does it have a glo plug or spark plug? Without an ignition system, it would have to be glo.

I'm not sure YS even makes anything gas..

I'm sure a moderator will send this question over to the fuel power systems forum.

Good luck
twest is offline Find More Posts by twest
Old Aug 03, 2015, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by rondefly
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Joined Feb 2007
31 Posts
Sorry, thanks
Ron
rondefly is offline Find More Posts by rondefly
Old Aug 03, 2015, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
3,352 Posts
YS120 are glow engines (nitro), So unless there is clearly a sparkplug and ignition system to convert to gasoline, then the wrong fueling valve is installed.
Dubro has two sizes for Nitro and another two for Gas. #334 is the Std Nitro (Silver color), reg sized, #335 is the Std Fueling valve for Gas (in Red).
#610 is the Large version of the fueling valve for Nitro (in silver), while #611 is the Large Gas version in Red. They will use different O rings, Nitro is highly corrosive in purest forms, so metals and rubber products must be compatible. fwiw Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley