HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:54 PM
Joined May 2014
76 Posts
Discussion
Align 690l batteries c ratings and flight times!!

I hope to gather information helpful to everyone in relationship to flight times batteries C ratings and flight times with or without payload I think this could potential he be a very helpful database for those looking to get the maximum flight time and best battery combinations for their systems here's hoping this thread catches on!!
ftimster is offline Find More Posts by ftimster
Last edited by ftimster; Dec 11, 2014 at 03:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:00 AM
Joined May 2014
76 Posts
I have the align 690 with some 21000mA lumenier 20c battery's not sure if where I live (Alaska and its winter so tempiture) or the brand of battery or temperature but so far I am unable to test these batt's with any real confidence due to the fact that on my first test it was 18F the copter sat out in the cold for a good 20 minutes before I finally went to the compass dance etc. then after take off I mediately had my first stage voltage alarm set to 3.6 V alarm went off right away hoping people here will start a database so we can start to look at good-quality batteries and good flight times post away people thanks
Old Dec 11, 2014, 02:16 AM
Canada, AB, Fort McMurray
Joined Nov 2013
341 Posts
great thread my 690 is on the way but still waiting on batteries this will help alot .
Andre LaFrambois is online now Find More Posts by Andre LaFrambois
Old Dec 11, 2014, 02:49 AM
Joined Dec 2012
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftimster View Post
I have the align 690 with some 21000mA lumenier 20c battery's not sure if where I live (Alaska and its winter so tempiture) or the brand of battery or temperature but so far I am unable to test these batt's with any real confidence due to the fact that on my first test it was 18F the copter sat out in the cold for a good 20 minutes before I finally went to the compass dance etc. then after take off I mediately had my first stage voltage alarm set to 3.6 V alarm went off right away hoping people here will start a database so we can start to look at good-quality batteries and good flight times post away people thanks
FYI - I also have a Lumenier 21000MAH battery but have yet to test it on anything yet due to bad weather. When I do I will definitely post my results.

I read on one of the threads on this forum discussing lipo batteries that you never want to let your battery get cold and then fly. Make certain the battery is at room temperature. That might explain why your Lumenier and another user's on the Align Aerial FB page had the same problem. That user also tested in very cold weather. Try it with a warm battery and see if it helps. Keep it warm somehow until you are ready to go. Lipo batteries are known for losing power in cold environments. Flight times are considerably lower as the battery cools.

Please note I have also read several threads regarding C rating for the Align models. Everything I read indicates that for very large lipo batteries you need at least 25C/30C for best results. However I just read a thread on the Align Aerial FB page where a user claims to have successfully used 16,000MAH 10C battery with no loss in power which kind of contradicts everything I have read so far.

I hope this thread will finally sort this out and we can get reliable information...
klimon is offline Find More Posts by klimon
Old Dec 11, 2014, 03:45 AM
Joined May 2014
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimon View Post
FYI - I also have a Lumenier 21000MAH battery but have yet to test it on anything yet due to bad weather. When I do I will definitely post my results.

I read on one of the threads on this forum discussing lipo batteries that you never want to let your battery get cold and then fly. Make certain the battery is at room temperature. That might explain why your Lumenier and another user's on the Align Aerial FB page had the same problem. That user also tested in very cold weather. Try it with a warm battery and see if it helps. Keep it warm somehow until you are ready to go. Lipo batteries are known for losing power in cold environments. Flight times are considerably lower as the battery cools.

Please note I have also read several threads regarding C rating for the Align models. Everything I read indicates that for very large lipo batteries you need at least 25C/30C for best results. However I just read a thread on the Align Aerial FB page where a user claims to have successfully used 16,000MAH 10C battery with no loss in power which kind of contradicts everything I have read so far.

I hope this thread will finally sort this out and we can get reliable information...
So far so good I'm glad you guys are sharing!! Is your lumenier 20c 40 burst? I am very interested to hear your results with that battery same one that I have actually two I've talked to Max amps trying to see what they think possibly a single 19,000 mA or to 10,000 mA batteries with a 30 or 40c. I also read the thread where the guy was talking about running to 10c batteries must have something to do with running them in parallel but not sure hopefully more people will post and will get some really good information going on here I'll keep an eye out for your results and the next day or two when I get my power supply back I'll get my battery up and balanced warm it up set my first voltage alarm to 3.5 turn off the second one and watch my on-screen display total voltage for battery if you go to the Facebook page there's a great read where someone asked a question about(has anyone tried the 16000 21,000 mA batteries give it a read it's packed with great info on lopo's!! and watching the total voltage on the on screen display and not letting it get down to 22A seems to be the way to go. One last thingthat I noticed was even though I was showing low voltage warnings I still had a ton of power so.........shall be interesting lets all keep this going thanks guys
Last edited by ftimster; Dec 11, 2014 at 04:29 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 03:56 AM
Joined May 2014
76 Posts
Hi Andre....what battery's do you have on the way? Brand c rating and mA? Just curious are batteries already ordered for your 690 or are you are you waiting to see what happens thanks keep us updated thanks
Last edited by ftimster; Dec 11, 2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 01:00 PM
Joined Nov 2013
341 Posts
still on the fence yet plus I have about 5 months before winter is done here and anything i get will have to be shipped to Canada. This is my first kick at the 6s and would not like a collection of them like I have with 3s and 4s.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:30 AM
Joined May 2014
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre LaFrambois View Post
still on the fence yet plus I have about 5 months before winter is done here and anything i get will have to be shipped to Canada. This is my first kick at the 6s and would not like a collection of them like I have with 3s and 4s.
ya ill be talking with maxamps but so expensive same here winter...
Old Dec 12, 2014, 09:37 AM
Joined Dec 2014
2 Posts
I Lumenier and addition user's on the Align Aerial FB page had the aforementioned problem.
Hoganva is offline Find More Posts by Hoganva
Old Dec 16, 2014, 07:59 AM
Joined May 2014
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoganva View Post
I Lumenier and addition user's on the Align Aerial FB page had the aforementioned problem.
Just an update My
21,000 mA ran for almost 30 minutes in the cold today I'm happy now time to work on the gimbal
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:42 PM
Joined Nov 2013
341 Posts
what was the temp outside and did you warm first.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 03:22 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimon View Post
A genuine 10C 16000 pack is capable of delivering 160 Amps which is far more than you need for these models.

However, the colder a pack gets the lower the C rating drops, so if you start out at 10C you do need to keep the pack warm.

Having a higher genuine C rating gives you a bit more of a margin when out in the cold, and even then you should keep the packs warm for best performance, but otherwise you don't need 25/30C packs but it doesn't hurt to have the best you can afford.

Do remember though that many packs marked as 25C will not be even close to that in reality so don't go for a cheap low-C pack, odds are it is really a lot lower than you think ...
Telrin is online now Find More Posts by Telrin
Old Jan 04, 2015, 03:46 PM
Joined Nov 2013
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftimster View Post
Just an update My
21,000 mA ran for almost 30 minutes in the cold today I'm happy now time to work on the gimbal
where did you get them at I can not seem to find any where.
Old Jan 04, 2015, 04:23 PM
Joined Nov 2013
341 Posts
found them but will likely get 2 this spring maybe cheaper by then but for now ordered one of these http://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-12000...o-battery.html