HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2013, 10:52 AM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,334 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking Breeze for FPV

This looks like a much better option than my Bixler 2, especially considering the way the wings are mounted.

What I like about it is it looks small enough for a grab-and-go, the impact resistant nose, supports flaps, quick assemble wings, the fpv canopy, landing gear when you need it, clip off if you don't. Hope one can fit a 2200mah..

Now we just need someone to buy one so we can get more details - especially whether there's a compartment underneath the wings, otherwise it's going to be very cramped..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_KIT_.html

HobbyKing Super Daily - Breeze (6 min 7 sec)

Write-up:

If you're looking for the perfect trainer, a stable FPV platform or simply a relaxing Sunday flyer, have a look at this! The Breeze is a good looking "pod and boom" style glider that is just as the name implies - a real "Breeze" to fly. Not only is it easy to fly, it's easy to build as well.

The Breeze features a combination of ultra-durable EPO foam and carbon fiber construction making it not only lightweight but also very durable. The wing simply attaches with rubber bands making it simple to install and crash resistant. Perfect for new pilots and for FPV use where landing can sometimes be a bit tricky. The nose is moulded of soft, shock absorbing rubber allowing it to take a real beating should you have any rough landings.

This version of the breeze is in KIT form meaning that you will need to add your own electronics. You will need 9g servos x 4, 20A brushless ESC, 28mm brushless outrunner motor, 4ch radio system and 3S lipoly battery to complete this model.

An optional foam canopy cover is included that offers two flat mounting surfaces for easy installation of an FPV gear. It also offers optional flaps, you will simply need to add your own flap servos for use. This makes it very easy to use this model for FPV flying right out of the box!

Features:
• KIT form - choose your own electronics to complete this model
• Ultra durable EPO foam construction
• Carbon fiber tail boom keeps the model light while offering excellent rigidity
• Stable flight characteristics make it perfect for beginners and experienced pilots alike
• Excellent FPV platform including an optional FPV canopy mount
• Simple bolt together design

Specs:
Length: 1030mm
Wingspan: 1400mm
Flying Weight: 630~700g

Required:
4ch transmitter and receiver
28mm brushless outrunner motor (1500~1800KV recommended)
20A brushless ESC
3S 1800mAh lipoly battery
4 x 9g servo (2 x additional servos if using optional flaps)
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2013, 11:41 AM View Post
Abby zhao
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Over-competition). It is temporarily hidden while Abby zhao edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 06:41 AM
Denmark, Nærum
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinduplessis View Post
This looks like a much better option than my Bixler 2, especially considering the way the wings are mounted.

What I like about it is it looks small enough for a grab-and-go, the impact resistant nose, supports flaps, quick assemble wings, the fpv canopy, landing gear when you need it, clip off if you don't. Hope one can fit a 2200mah..
I was looking at it as well, but since I have a Bix 1.1, two ES1s and a ES2, I'm not really sure what the Breeze could bring me, that especially my ES2 doesn't already provide.

I'll probably get one anyway, when they (kit version, pls) become available in the Europe warehouse. I'm prepared to hate the noise from a 6 inch prop on a 1800kv motor, though...
mike_o is online now Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Sep 26, 2013, 07:57 AM
Foam Snow
Joined Aug 2011
1,334 Posts
Would be great if someone could show some pics of this disassembled. What's lurking underneath that wing in the fuse
Old Sep 26, 2013, 08:12 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,034 Posts
See also Nitroplanes.com and search for Mercury. Same model as an RTF or kit.
dapple63 is offline Find More Posts by dapple63
Old Sep 29, 2013, 01:56 PM
Foam Snow
Joined Aug 2011
1,334 Posts
Wow, identical. Solid under the wing - was hoping for another cavity. Still looks like a great, stable, grab & go FPV plane.
Old Jan 05, 2014, 05:45 PM
Denmark, Nærum
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinduplessis View Post
Wow, identical. Solid under the wing - was hoping for another cavity. Still looks like a great, stable, grab & go FPV plane.
No, it's not solid under the wing - there's a cavity just big enough to hold the ESc and Rx, but not much else. The rudder and elevator control rods run under a separate deck in the foam, which takes away some 40% of the inside fuse height. Check the attached picture.

I got one (kit version) as it seemed ultra portable to me. It is, but a few flaws limits the usefullness. I've done a small write-up in the foamies section.

It flies nicely and it's very stable.
Last edited by mike_o; Jan 05, 2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: link added
Old Apr 06, 2014, 09:09 AM
Foam Snow
Joined Aug 2011
1,334 Posts
Breeze review

Finally got my hands on one. Such a pleasure! Assembly under 30 minutes, FPV gear another hour, in the air and having fun the very next day.

Assembly at the field takes seconds (unlike the bixler ) and takes up very little space in the car. It sips amps in the air and glides and recovers no problem. We had some wind as well and she handled it amicably.

The only downside so far is that the stock interior is basically just large enough for battery (2200 Zippy Compact fits like a glove), esc and rx. The fpv transmitter and OSD had to be attached externally.

Breeze FPV Flight (0 min 24 sec)
Old Apr 06, 2014, 11:40 AM
Denmark, Nærum
Joined Jan 2012
1,670 Posts
Hein,

nice work and thanks for sharing. But where is the GoPro??

Just joking. A Moebius should fit, though.

What motor/prop config are you running? I was a bit disappointed with the power of my 2822mm 1400kv and 7x5 prop set-up...
Old Apr 22, 2014, 04:17 PM
Foam Snow
Joined Aug 2011
1,334 Posts
Hi Mike, mobius would be perfect fit...

I'm not sure - it's the stock RTF kit. This plane is really amazing in terms of flight characteristics. Check out this weekend's footage:

Yzerfontein - Beach compilation (5 min 26 sec)
Old May 09, 2014, 03:52 PM
birmingham west midlands
Joined Dec 2009
140 Posts
thats good thanks for sharing the video heinduplessis i got a mobius and using it on me mates cub now this looks perfect for what i want
trex 450500 is offline Find More Posts by trex 450500
Old Jan 05, 2015, 10:43 PM
Joined Apr 2009
5 Posts
Here is my built with 1080p camera:

Maroubra, Coral Sea Park, First FPV of 2015 (3 min 45 sec)
mutabot is offline Find More Posts by mutabot
Old Jan 05, 2015, 10:51 PM
Joined Apr 2009
5 Posts
I am thinking about adding a head tracker that is about 100 grams extra weight, and wondering if this will affect landing much.

Also, in current configuration the plane is much nose-heavy -- it requires a third of elevator trim for a level flight. Something to consider if you are planning on putting a heavy camera on this platform.

Before posting the video above I was actually looking for a maximum reasonable all-in weight for the HK Breeze Glider also a wing area parameter will be helpful too!
mutabot is offline Find More Posts by mutabot