HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2014, 05:26 PM
Remote island inhabitant
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
6,302 Posts
Discussion
Laser cut Jupiter Kwirl rotor head

Here are a couple of pictures of a rotor head for the Jupiter Kwirl that I cut on my laser. It is cut from 1.5mm plywood and uses 3mm ID flanged ball bearings. The blades are removable. Once the Depron blades have been glued to the plywood root parts they are inserted into the hub and I will then drill a small hole through the hub and blade and fix it with a small screw.

The slots in the hub are cut so they give the correct blade incidence and dihedral. It's a fairly robust construction and a head as pictured with the root parts weighs 14 grams.
epilot is online now Find More Posts by epilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2014, 06:08 PM
frash
Joined Feb 2006
122 Posts
Rotor Head for Kwirl Autogiro

I won't build a full size Kwirl, nor use a rotor this large, but might try a micro version. i can slowly get the info from the downloaded Kwirl plan, but what are the blade (negative) incidence angle and the dihedral angle?

Thanks.

Fred Rash
frash is offline Find More Posts by frash
Old Dec 26, 2014, 06:12 PM
Remote island inhabitant
Faroe Islands, Sandoy, Sandur
Joined Nov 2000
6,302 Posts
I can't remember what the angles are. IIRC it's in the article but my copy of Modell Aviator is in Germany and I'm on the Faroe Islands at the moment. I can have a look at my cad drawing tomorrow and measure the angles from that.
epilot is online now Find More Posts by epilot
Old Jan 01, 2015, 12:04 PM
scratchbuilder
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Cologne
Joined Mar 2012
764 Posts
Just excellent, Michael!
Thomas B. is online now Find More Posts by Thomas B.