SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2015, 02:01 PM
a random dude
Joined Nov 2014
142 Posts
nice report pulluptoga!

I love mine so much! It flies just fantastic for me.

On landings, it really wants to glide for me. It's so fun to fly aerobatically that I had to force myself to fly it slow, which it will do. I forced myself to practice a bunch of slow and low flying and that helped me gain some confidence in landing.

Have fun!
sconnie is online now Find More Posts by sconnie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2015, 09:23 PM
Joined Mar 2014
96 Posts
Artizan prop

Hi-
Is there a cheaper prop that will work on the PZ Artizan?
Thanks
kenmtb is offline Find More Posts by kenmtb
Last edited by kenmtb; Mar 18, 2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 03:28 AM
Joined Dec 2013
29 Posts
Battery

Hi guys, i just got mine but i have a problem to understand how exactly to install the battery, do you put it in the hole or do you just leave it on the white plastic board, the problem is the connection (battery + cable from the esc) block the way for the hole, and did you set the servo percentage a 125% ?
Thanks for the help
pascandrea is offline Find More Posts by pascandrea
Old Mar 19, 2015, 07:36 AM
Joined Mar 2013
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmtb View Post
Hi-
Is there a cheaper prop that will work on the PZ Artizan?
Thanks
The stock prop is only US$3.99 (PKZ6901).
flightengr is online now Find More Posts by flightengr
Old Mar 19, 2015, 07:40 AM
Joined Mar 2013
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascandrea View Post
Hi guys, i just got mine but i have a problem to understand how exactly to install the battery, do you put it in the hole or do you just leave it on the white plastic board, the problem is the connection (battery + cable from the esc) block the way for the hole, and did you set the servo percentage a 125% ?
Thanks for the help
My ArtiZan has a little better balance if the battery is pushed all the way forward toward the nose of the plane.

A short EC3 extension lead will solve the problem with the location of the ESC's battery lead. An extension will give you a little room to move things around and push the battery forward farther.
flightengr is online now Find More Posts by flightengr
Old Mar 19, 2015, 07:50 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2015
18 Posts
2nd flight report! Flew 5 batteries again yesterday, with no serious incidents. Did some basic aeros, including spins. Put controls on high rate. Rolls real nice, slow and fast.

Ended up handlaunching as I think the grass is a bit too thick where I'm flying. I seem to be able to land the thing mostly without a noseover, or if it does, it seems to happen in the last foot of the landing roll where the energy is so low it doesn't do any damage. Bugs me though, so today I am on the lookout for some slightly larger wheels. My technique for landing is: land with minimum groundspeed into wind, as it settles on ease on full up elevator to keep the nose up and tail down. Any suggestions from you old hands on anything more I can do?

Doing the first control check of the day (I also do them before each takeoff after a fresh battery) I found I had no elevator control! Don't know why, but after a bit of checking and mucking around I rebound and all good.

REALLY appreciating the AS3X. Winds were a little gusty, but on final the wings stay pretty level allowing me to concentrate on flare management. I think this thing would be a bit too advanced for me without the AS3X, unless I was flying in very light winds landing wise.

Anyway, loving the look, sound, responsiveness and size of this plane. Very happy with it.

Sadly winds are now 20 knots gusting 30! Lucky I burned 5 batteries on my Delta Ray early this morning.
pulluptoga is offline Find More Posts by pulluptoga
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM
United States, NJ, Freehold Township
Joined May 2009
450 Posts
im thinking about ordering this plane as so many say how great it flies. I would like opinions on getting the pnp or bnf. I have an orange rc with the stabilization already but don't know if its as good as horizons rec. Thanks
crashkorey is offline Find More Posts by crashkorey
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
United States, AR, Benton
Joined Jul 2007
138 Posts
I have not flown the Orange stab/rx, but I have flown the Lemon and the Guardian. The AS3X in the ArtiZan airframe is perfectly balanced. I have never felt as if I was fighting it, but the way it smooths out the ArtiZan, even in crosswind landings, is amazing. Obviously the plane would fly great without it, but in this case HH got the balance just right.
JDougherty, Erie is online now Find More Posts by JDougherty, Erie
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Princess Anne, Md.
Joined Oct 2006
451 Posts
+1 on the BNF. I also think it is set up perfect for the plane. Think of it as getting a AS3X receiver and a battery for around $50 bucks. Hey, I bought the plane when it was $249 and now it's $199 at Horizon. That would be like getting the bnf upgrade free.
spaceinvader is offline Find More Posts by spaceinvader
Old Today, 10:52 AM
PIONEER VALLEY, MASSACHUSETTS
United States, MA
Joined May 2014
101 Posts
C/G prop

Flying with a 2200 battery, where do you put
the battery in the tray? fore, middle, or aft?

anyone using an apc prop?
COLE PALEN is online now Find More Posts by COLE PALEN
Old Today, 11:21 AM
a random dude
Joined Nov 2014
142 Posts
COG is a little bit of personal preference of course, but I run my 2200 forward in the tray. When flying with the wings level, it can balloon up pretty easily otherwise I find. Maybe if you are trying some more advanced types of maneuvers, you might want it further back. I have not measured it recently against the recommendation in the manual, but I think with a 2200 I would need to move it back a good amount from where I have it to get it to balance where they say.

The plane seems to tolerate a range of COG pretty well to me.

I've been happy w/the stock prop so far.
sconnie is online now Find More Posts by sconnie
Last edited by sconnie; Today at 11:52 AM.