SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2015
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff reeves View Post
I have been scouring the internet for this answer. I have my gimbal working very well but the pitch is really bugging me. It works very well and smoothly but when pitched forward it only allows about 20 degrees and then freaks out sending the yaw part about 40 degrees to the left. I then level the gimbal off and it settles down but is now sitting at 40 degrees to the left. The downward angle on the pitch allows more movement (about 30 degrees) but that isn't enough. I need 40 degrees both up and down and I do not know where this setting is on the GUI.
Thanks!
The setting that controls this is in the RC Settings tab at the bottom where is says RC Control. Change the min and max pitches till you get the setting you like (see attached photo). For your other problems, It sounds like you may just need a good starting point as far as settings go. Save your current profile so that you can switch back to it if you need to and then check out this video by Kerry Garrison below. It's probably the best video out there to get you started.
DYS 3 Axis GoPro Gimbal Setup and Calibration (10 min 16 sec)
SpookyPirate is offline Find More Posts by SpookyPirate
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM
Registered User
jeff reeves's Avatar
United States, WA, East Wenatchee
Joined Oct 2007
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyPirate View Post
The setting that controls this is in the RC Settings tab at the bottom where is says RC Control. Change the min and max pitches till you get the setting you like (see attached photo). For your other problems, It sounds like you may just need a good starting point as far as settings go. Save your current profile so that you can switch back to it if you need to and then check out this video by Kerry Garrison below. It's probably the best video out there to get you started.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkEE...RlB1jpBDeaizZQ
Thanks but I did that. It works great for rc settings for use with my dual operator set up but when the gimbal is tilted too far forward, like only 20 degrees, it limits out and freaks like I stated earlier.
J
jeff reeves is offline Find More Posts by jeff reeves
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2015
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff reeves View Post
Thanks but I did that. It works great for rc settings for use with my dual operator set up but when the gimbal is tilted too far forward, like only 20 degrees, it limits out and freaks like I stated earlier.
J
I had that happen to me with my old 2 axis alexmos gimbal. What caused it in my experience was any one of these three things. The cables don't have enough slack and are wrapped around the motor preventing it from pitching all the way forward, The motors have the wrong pole numbers, Or lastly my pid settings in the pitch axis are too aggressive. I don't know if any of those are causing it for you but it's some things to check. If you post screenshots of your profile settings I can look and see if I can spot anything wrong.
SpookyPirate is offline Find More Posts by SpookyPirate
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM
Registered User
jeff reeves's Avatar
United States, WA, East Wenatchee
Joined Oct 2007
326 Posts
I will have to get a video of it maybe tomorrow. I did notice that the pole numbers were wrong. Changed that. I have adjusted the PID settings for the pitch for a few hours now, recalibrated etc, etc. It is better but it doesn't have the travel that the roll axis has before going crazy. On the roll axis, I can tilt it one way or the other at least 70 degrees without any vibs. That is what I would like on the tilt axis.
jeff reeves is offline Find More Posts by jeff reeves
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM
Registered User
Portugal, Lisboa, Cascais
Joined Sep 2012
625 Posts
Hi

From what I recall when I had that controller on the DYS, the power to the Yaw motor was much greater than what was required to the other motors.

When we raise the Power to the motor we must readjust the PID settings and also keep an eye on the motor temperature.

But never has issues like you mention, even with greater angles:

Gimbal tests at Flying site 2 (2 min 30 sec)


Please note that I always had the gimbal powered with 12V from a BEC.

Even now, with a different controller (SToRM32) the power required to the yaw motor is more than for the others.




Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff reeves View Post
I will have to get a video of it maybe tomorrow. I did notice that the pole numbers were wrong. Changed that. I have adjusted the PID settings for the pitch for a few hours now, recalibrated etc, etc. It is better but it doesn't have the travel that the roll axis has before going crazy. On the roll axis, I can tilt it one way or the other at least 70 degrees without any vibs. That is what I would like on the tilt axis.
lvale is online now Find More Posts by lvale
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News ARRIS CM3000 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal Plug And Play For The GoPro! Sleepyc Multirotor Talk 5 Apr 08, 2014 11:15 AM
Sold 3 x BRAND NEW DYS 3 Axis NEX5 brushless gimbals FlyinLimey FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 27, 2013 04:40 PM
For Sale 3 x BRAND NEW DYS 3 Axis NEX5 brushless gimbals FlyinLimey Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Nov 23, 2013 07:58 AM