New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2015, 11:59 AM
kdt
Find More Posts by kdt
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
443 Posts
Throttle stick cancel of mixes

I have not explored the DX18 enough to know if I can switch off my mixes for Snap Flap and aileron to Flap when the left stick reaches halfway on the flaps. I used this on my 11X and loved it. I like to have these mixes on all the time for speed and cruise so use flight mode there and put them on a switch for thermal.

It would be great if I could keep the various presets for each flight mode... I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for the landing approach. One less switch to think about.

Any suggestions?
kdt is offline Find More Posts by kdt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2015, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by duworm
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB55047 View Post
Sherman once the trim values have been corrected, is it safe to use the SPM file? I apparently have a corrupted copy of the file. Things seem to be fine after correcting the trims. I have some variations in elevator trim in the various modes, they range from -3 to +5. Are these correct or should they all default to 0?

Thanks -Don
Yeah the file appears to be OK to use. From the main screen reset all the left and right trim values to zero. Use the throttle trim to set that value to zero. The other trims that may be different by just a several points are the natural variations from one flight mode to another.

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Old May 01, 2015, 12:41 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
I have not explored the DX18 enough to know if I can switch off my mixes for Snap Flap and aileron to Flap when the left stick reaches halfway on the flaps. I used this on my 11X and loved it. I like to have these mixes on all the time for speed and cruise so use flight mode there and put them on a switch for thermal.

It would be great if I could keep the various presets for each flight mode... I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for the landing approach. One less switch to think about.

Any suggestions?

1. Use flight modes and turn off these features in landing mode.
2. Use a P-mix. Set it to curve and build a curve that provides the mix you are looking for.
3. You can also use the priority switch to set up the flap stick so it turns on landing mode.

Sherman Knight
Old May 01, 2015, 12:43 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB55047 View Post
Sherman I have a DX9 but I checked the left and right trim in all modes. The left trim was way off 0 in all modes in the range of +30 to +60
the right trim was pretty much 0 in all modes. I reset both to 0 in all modes. I assume this will throw my settings off everywhere else so I will go through the entire setup again and check everything out. If this does not cure my problem, I'll attach a copy of my SPM file for you to take a look at.

Thanks for the help -Don

You are correct, you will have to reset your values elsewhere, but any mixing complications should go away.

Sherman Knight
Old May 01, 2015, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by DB55047
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Dec 2003
22 Posts
Sherman thanks for your help. It appears all my transmitter setup problems are solved for now.

-Don
DB55047 is offline Find More Posts by DB55047
Old Yesterday, 01:41 AM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post

Any suggestions?
Tell me more about how you accomplished it with the 11x.

Sherman Knight
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM
kdt
Find More Posts by kdt
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
443 Posts
Mix

Custom curve P mix looking good. Loose one fight mode for landing mode which I did not need before.

Thanks Sherman
kdt is offline Find More Posts by kdt
Last edited by kdt; Today at 12:55 AM.