HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2014, 04:21 PM
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
Question
KP14e or RG Evo4?

Which one would you prefer, the KP14e or the RG Evo4?

Advantages and disadvantages.......?
RedBull_Dk is offline Find More Posts by RedBull_Dk
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2014, 04:51 PM
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
Help me with a good advice anyone?
Old May 21, 2014, 06:09 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
Im sure both bikes are good but one is $400 and the other is $1200, that should tell you all you need to know...JABBER is worth looking at too if your in the RG price range....I have never owned a KP because of parts support in the US or lack there of. I do have an RG nitro and it is indestructible, fast and smooth. Run after run, wreck after wreck and it does not break or tweak anything... Boring if you like to tinker (sarcasm)but awesome for a race bike if you crash a lot and we all do. All of the new bikes are great compared to just a few years ago and you get what you pay for as anything else. I don't think you could go wrong with a Jabber or RG but that's just me and from what I have heard and seen from the last few Worlds races. I'm almost certain and would bet money that Jabber and RG are the only two bike companies that produce a bike that "Really" works out of the box with no mods or much tuning at all and should for cost.
dragbikebam is online now Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old May 22, 2014, 05:27 PM
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
Okay dragbikejam you got a point there, which one would you go for then - Jabber or RG Evo4?
Old May 22, 2014, 05:36 PM
Joined Nov 2013
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull_Dk View Post
Okay dragbikejam you got a point there, which one would you go for then - Jabber or RG Evo4?
I think he was saying if money is not a problem. You may prefer the RG or Jabber. But if you want save $800 and are prepared to deal direct with KP in the UK you will be better of with the KP
Jay59 is offline Find More Posts by Jay59
Old May 22, 2014, 09:19 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay59 View Post
I think he was saying if money is not a problem. You may prefer the RG or Jabber. But if you want save $800 and are prepared to deal direct with KP in the UK you will be better of with the KP
Yes thats right if money is no issue then I would go with the Jabber but only because it has molded C/F parts. To me thats beyond next level and its not cheap. If its your first bike you may want to go with something less expensive so not to get in so deep. The KP or any newer E-bike will give you everything needed for a competitive bike or even the 2011 Jabber would be nice for a few $$ more than those but Im sure they will need much more tinkering and tuning to get everything sorted. You can glue tires and install electronics on an RG or Jabber and it will perform 100%.. Other bikes will need disassembly then rebuilt with proper torque values and threadlock, also some fitting, shimming and filing usually required but thats not a bad thing if you like that stuff (I do) because you really learn more about the machine and ways to make it better.
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 22, 2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old May 22, 2014, 09:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Landsborough
Joined Aug 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay59 View Post
Not sure how you came up with a saving of $800. If your going to compare the bikes on price at least be fair and put them in the same currency.

RG evo 4 std model 700€ which is about 570, the bike comes std with body and steering damper.

The jabber and RG evo 4r are around 850€ which is about 690

KP 14e 375 Which is about 470€ then you need a body so around 430€ with body not including vat.

There's also the 2011 jabber, which will workout similar in price to the std RG after buying body and tyres.

@ redbull_dk
All these bikes are awesome and I'm sure you will be happy either way you go.
0i8u2 is offline Find More Posts by 0i8u2
Last edited by 0i8u2; May 22, 2014 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Sorry I included vat on the KP price have edited
Old May 22, 2014, 10:38 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0i8u2 View Post
Not sure how you came up with a saving of $800. If your going to compare the bikes on price at least be fair and put them in the same currency.

RG evo 4 std model 700€ which is about 570, the bike comes std with body and steering damper.

The jabber and RG evo 4r are around 850€ which is about 690

KP 14e 375 Which is about 470€ then you need a body so around 520€ with body.

There's also the 2011 jabber, which will workout similar in price to the std RG after buying body and tyres.

@ redbull_dk
All these bikes are awesome and I'm sure you will be happy either way you go.
Where are you getting these cheap prices at? Gregor has the RG4 lipo @ 935Euro. and 2013 Jabber @999.. 2011 Jabber @ 650. I don't even know where to get a KP from. He did ship my RG for less than was advertised but yeah you will have $1200-$1700 U.S. in anything before its over with.
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 22, 2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old May 22, 2014, 11:16 PM
Joined Aug 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam View Post
Where are you getting these cheap prices at? Gregor has the RG4 lipo @ 935Euro. and 2013 Jabber @999.. 2011 Jabber @ 650. I don't even know where to get a KP from. He did ship my RG for less than was advertised but yeah you will have $1200-$1700 U.S. in anything before its over with.
RG prices from rg's website, jabber from Gregor without vat which should be the price you pay. KP from there site all prices i have given are without vat.
Sorry I did stuff up KP price it does include the vat, I will edit the post above so the vat is taken out.
Im only pricing the bikes, all the bikes will have to have radio gear and electrics added. The end price will depend on what gear is used.
I was just pointing out there isn't an $800 saving when there all in the same currency. KP is the cheapest and a very nice bike, well worth looking at. I should have bought one myself.
Last edited by 0i8u2; May 22, 2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Sorry I stuffed up the KP price vat is included
Old May 22, 2014, 11:51 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
Quote:
RG prices from rg's website, jabber from Gregor without vat which should be the price you pay. KP from there site all prices i have given are without vat.
Sorry I did stuff up KP price it does include the vat, I will edit the post above so the vat is taken out.
Im only pricing the bikes, all the bikes will have to have radio gear and electrics added. The end price will depend on what gear is used.
I was just pointing out there isn't an $800 saving when there all in the same currency.
OK cool, I need to check that out. Im waiting for the new RG-5 Nitro for my next bike maybe it will have molded C/F parts unless Jabber presents a Nitro hint hint.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:15 AM
Joined Aug 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
OK cool, I need to check that out. Im waiting for the new RG-5 Nitro for my next bike maybe it will have molded C/F parts unless Jabber presents a Nitro hint hint.
Jabber nitro, now that would be nice.

I'm waiting for you to post a vid of that awesome 4 stroke you have.
I have mine 4 stroke going, just have to fit a body to it. It goes well for a plane engine.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:49 AM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
Quote:
Jabber nitro, now that would be nice.

I'm waiting for you to post a vid of that awesome 4 stroke you have.
I have mine 4 stroke going, just have to fit a body to it. It goes well for a plane engine.
Yes I need to get it going, its close but my other bikes have been keeping me busy and I have just not caught up to finish it. Its different from anything so Im taking time to make sure its right right..Thanks for the motivation

To Redbull, let us know what you decide on.
Old May 24, 2014, 05:42 PM
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
I have just bought a Nuova Faor sf701 nitro and I think that I will also have the RG Evo4 Lipo, I really do like the RG - but I am not sure yet - perhaps the Jabber will be better....?
Old May 27, 2014, 01:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
39 Posts
Quote:

the EVO5 nitro, has not yet been designed, but the evo 4 nitro is prepared from 3 months
trame is offline Find More Posts by trame
Old May 27, 2014, 06:47 PM
Joined Aug 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trame View Post
the EVO5 nitro, has not yet been designed, but the evo 4 nitro is prepared from 3 months
Dragbikebam was just playing around, we both have the evo3 nitro bike & the evo4 came out a few months after we bought them, which was a bit disappointing. Would have been good to know the evo4 was coming out.