SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2013, 04:24 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
United States, NE
Joined Sep 2012
1,070 Posts
Discussion
New Freewing Stinger 90mm Jet

Saw this link on the Stinger 64 edf thread. Freewing's website doesn't list it. On this link it says "not available until December" by the price. Anyone know anything about it? A little pricey but an airframe only kit might be a good winter project...

http://www.ready2fly.com/shop/USER_A...4&Ziel_ID=4819
supercollider is offline Find More Posts by supercollider
Last edited by supercollider; Sep 17, 2013 at 06:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:36 PM
Joined Jan 2008
45 Posts
Hi
supercollider
Thanks for your attention !
Yes.Stinger90 is one of our Freewing new product. Our work is very busy now.many new products will be ok in the futrue.....So our website have any imformation about Stinger 90.

About this 90mm EDF sport jet.We revised it on the basis of Stinger 64's shape. Its flight performance improved a lot. Compared our traditional 90mm EDF jets (for example Eurofighter,F18),it creates many innovations.
1,New 12-blades 90mm metal EDF (its an excellent performance EDF)
2,New 100A ESC with 8A UBEC
3,Seamless control surface design
4,New LED taxi light, matched the LED light controller and landing gear sequencer, it can receive the retract channel direction of light on/off.
5,New control surface structure, control more precise and stable.

Of cause, its only parts of performance of Stinger 90, it will be coming in USA market soon, please pay attention!
P.S:The flight speed of Stinger 90 standard version, I can responsibly say, Stinger90 is the fastest flight speed in the foam 90mm EDF jet.
antholy is offline Find More Posts by antholy
Last edited by antholy; Sep 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:30 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,920 Posts
Is the 90 mm fan just a cs90 fan with a freewing sticker on it? Or is it your design?How many watts on 6s? Thanks
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:44 AM
Joined Jan 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Is the 90 mm fan just a cs90 fan with a freewing sticker on it? Or is it your design?How many watts on 6s? Thanks
It's Freewing designed.we refered to many famous fan in the world, and designed ourselves EDF, we make some advantages to suit for our planes. The max watts is 2200 watts on 6s . Matched our motor, the real watts is 1850-1900watts.
antholy is offline Find More Posts by antholy
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:25 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
I think we need to get one of these under turbine power Check your PMs anatholy.
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:26 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,840 Posts
It really is good looking. Like the LG lights, nice touch. Really like the flap setup too.

But $550? Pricey for a foam airplane, even with nice touches.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:16 AM
Switzerland
Joined Mar 2009
427 Posts
whats the wheel size (nose and main)?
Helibase is offline Find More Posts by Helibase
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:27 AM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO
Joined Dec 2012
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antholy View Post
4,New LED taxi light, matched the LED light controller and landing gear sequencer, it can receive the retract channel direction of light on/off.
So the landing gear lights turn off when retracted? That would be nice, but I see in the pics that the light is still on through the bay doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeStaff View Post
It really is good looking. Like the LG lights, nice touch. Really like the flap setup too.

But $550? Pricey for a foam airplane, even with nice touches.
Agreed but, that might be a MSRP price though. If it is, a "street" number may be more around $300-325.
tdford is online now Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:16 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Joined Sep 2010
2,840 Posts
You're probably right. Sure hope so, anyway.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:00 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
United States, NE
Joined Sep 2012
1,070 Posts
The price is a little high, but with a metal fan and hopefully a strong, balanced edf unit, it is worth it. Waiting to see a video. Personally I would like to see an airframe only kit.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:43 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercollider View Post
The price is a little high, but with a metal fan and hopefully a strong, balanced edf unit, it is worth it. Waiting to see a video. Personally I would like to see an airframe only kit.

I agree, a kit version would be good. Else I defend higher prices of things that do work. You can always get trash "for free" att hobbyking, but I fancy something well thought through and well working. We must take good care of the engineers that still have some sort of pride
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, Stokeinteignhead
Joined Apr 2008
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
I agree, a kit version would be good. Else I defend higher prices of things that do work. You can always get trash "for free" att hobbyking, but I fancy something well thought through and well working. We must take good care of the engineers that still have some sort of pride
I would be very interested in this edf. I have a couple of Hobbyking stingers and as to being Trash,couldnt be further from the truth. I have many HK airframes and they are Very good value for money.
autoquip is offline Find More Posts by autoquip
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:51 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,497 Posts
wonder if these wheels would work with my clubs grass runway??? hard too tell. if yes i would be interested.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:44 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
Joined Sep 2010
2,840 Posts
Quote:
I agree, a kit version would be good. Else I defend higher prices of things that do work.
Please. Even a kit, at this level, would be more than $400USD. And that is a pile of money, any way you want to dissect it, for a foam airplane.

Quote:
You can always get trash "for free" att hobbyking, but I fancy something well thought through and well working. We must take good care of the engineers that still have some sort of pride
As an engineer, I defer to your perspective . HK does sell some crap, that is true - but generally that crap can be made to work well. Maybe not cost-effective, but true nonetheless.

This does look like a dandy airplane. Even the flaps look like they were done to a decent Fowler arrangement. Gear looks straight and perpendicular to the wing; lights are a nifty touch, and possibly even useful when out a ways for orientation. Overall it does look a little too thick thru the midsection, but hey....it's still pretty neat.

But please. Bring the price back into orbit - something along the lines of $325 - $350 for the PNP and $250 for a kit. Make them maybe a little bit of a stretch, but not absurdly priced.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:37 PM
C.E.R.N. field tester
United States, NE
Joined Sep 2012
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeStaff View Post
Please. Even a kit, at this level, would be more than $400USD. And that is a pile of money, any way you want to dissect it, for a foam airplane.

As an engineer, I defer to your perspective . HK does sell some crap, that is true - but generally that crap can be made to work well. Maybe not cost-effective, but true nonetheless.

This does look like a dandy airplane. Even the flaps look like they were done to a decent Fowler arrangement. Gear looks straight and perpendicular to the wing; lights are a nifty touch, and possibly even useful when out a ways for orientation. Overall it does look a little too thick thru the midsection, but hey....it's still pretty neat.

But please. Bring the price back into orbit - something along the lines of $325 - $350 for the PNP and $250 for a kit. Make them maybe a little bit of a stretch, but not absurdly priced.
That sounds about right. The 3s Stinger 64 can be picked up for around a hundred bucks, receiver ready. I have two of them and they are great little jets, easy to mod, and fly nice. Quality is good, and replacement parts are available.