Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:27 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
821 Posts
Build Log
Trex 700 Dfc Funkey Longranger

Hi guys

I got some pm's regarding mine buildprogress with the seaking, case is that im
just havent got time to finish that one right now, I have spend final time on the the tiger to get it done for maiden,it just need electronical tuning before flightest.

I have a trex 700 dfc model that I want to put in a scalefuse, I didnt want it to be to complicated with multiblades,retracts etc,im kind of going back to the basics with the beatiful Longranger,with the trex 700 it should be a easy conversion compared if to have to paint and messing with fbl,retracts...

The choice landed on the funkey because the whole front canopy is detacheable making the batterychange easy compared to other brands, the minus should be that the doors are static, I had some Funkey fuses past the years and the quality is very good,I ordered mine from Scaleflying in Germany+a cockpit set (Thanks to Karsten for good mailservice) as a scaler is not complete without cockpit..
im gone try to make a buildlog light in case of this and posting some pics along the progress which should be fairly short compared to "normal" build, the LR gone be equipped with navlights, strobelights and some other minor scalestuff.

http://scaleflying.de/product_info.p...---700er-.html

Cheers
jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Last edited by viggen65; Feb 19, 2013 at 04:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:36 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,475 Posts
Good luck with the build. I am sure, however, that you may or may not be aware that the DFC main shaft is quite a bit shorter so to make it a bit easier to install with the blades not so close to the doghouse, look into either the standard 700E/N main shaft or a custom unit so that the head can be raised even higher as the rotor is a long way away from the doghouse on the real unit. At a minimum, the standard main shaft will make things much easier for installation and clearances. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:50 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
821 Posts
No probs Don, have taken that in consideration, when I get the fuse im gone take a look at that, worst case I have to swap to a regular head if needed, just need the fuse to go along.

cheers
jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65