fnnwizard is offline Find More Posts by fnnwizard
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:15 PM
Luis Bustamante
USA, NJ, Hackettstown
Joined Aug 2002
405 Posts
Tuan,

Awesome work dude! Thank you so much for giving all of us the opportunity to enjoy the finals almost as if we were there.

So, who won? Final standings?

Thanks again!

Luis
yardflier is online now Find More Posts by yardflier
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:49 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,452 Posts
Removed pending final checked scores
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Last edited by Silent-AV8R; Feb 22, 2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:59 PM
Joined Aug 2005
162 Posts
Score correction pending.
Tom Gressman is offline Find More Posts by Tom Gressman
Last edited by Tom Gressman; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: score correction pending
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:37 PM
in the air
in the air
Joined Aug 2006
127 Posts
Tom the scores are not correct!
THE EYE is offline Find More Posts by THE EYE
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:23 PM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,346 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys but much of the thank you’s need to go to the following people:

Jim Monaco – He is Mr. F3J in the sates! He was open to and provided support/information in the initial planning stages. He has been the one to motivate me to provide the live feed with his efforts in F3Xevents.com. The efforts he has put forth is just A-mazing! Thank you Jim!!! I am so sorry I did not get a chance to thank you in person and say goodbyes!

A huge thank you must go to my teammates in alpha order, Kerry Cavazos, Robert Cavazos, Steve Garland, and Mike Lee, who work like the dickens to carry much of my part of the load so that I can work on the setup of the non f3j equipment! Thanks guys and gal!!!!

Thank you to Poppy John for providing the generator for backup power when the batteries were depleted to keep the feed going. Broadcasting at higher bit rates takes up a lot of juice running on a/c inverters, something new I just learned!

And thank you to all the pilots that volunteered to be mic’d up! Your comments during the finals allowed me to follow with the camera!

I have all the footage backed up on the laptop and will post them on vimeo.com when I get a chance to edit out all the boring parts.

Until next time, thanks again all!
tuan
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:44 PM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,346 Posts
Oh, by the way, all the footage is also saved on livestream for 30 days so anyone that didn't get to watch the live feed can enjoy it after the fact.

For a better experience in the future, I am already thinking about and looking into laser tracking devices with the steady cam/floating mounts.

The Canon HV30 is very capable for internet broadcasting, but I am going to find a way to do it better with the Canon XH's as well as being a bit more mobile with more wireless devices.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:34 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,703 Posts
Tom Siler, father of the Fr3ak DLG has graciously donated a "patriotic" version of his Made in the USA DLG.

THANK YOU TOM SILER!!!!

This makes 5 DLG's so far in the US F3K team Raffle.

Go to www.teamusaf3k.com to order tickets, buy shirts, hats or jerseys, and get in on a chance to win some serious hardware!

If you already have some raffle tickets, you may want to buy some more. If you were thinking about getting some but really would like one of those cool jerseys, you will get 25 tickets complimentary with your jersey purchase, and 10 tickets with your hat purchase.

Our shirts are now on sale too, so we have a lot to offer for your much appreciated and valued support.

Thanks again everyone.

Mike for Team USA F3K
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge