SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Help!
New to hobby... ESC question

I purchased a second hand crawler and it has a NOVATECH RTR-12 ESC in it. Is this LiPo safe? How good of an ESC is it, should I replace it or use it till it dies?
Hanks for the help. I got it for my 4 year old daughter and I to play with. She loves my Jeep... Refuses to use the doors since she was 3. She insists on climbing up the rear tires and over the tub to get into her car seat. So she is going to go bonkers over this.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Mmacro is offline Find More Posts by Mmacro
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:16 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
you got it, use it till it dies. from what i can find it's a chinese knockoff. i don't think it has a built in lipo cutoff, so you would have to add one. says it'll work up to 7.4v (2s lipo).

not sure if it has a drag brake, or even if it is programmable. just not that much info out there that i could find.

run it till it smokes, and then replace it with something better.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:41 PM
Newbie rc junkie
United States, TN, Dyersburg
Joined Nov 2011
103 Posts
I second that
Kmmac1705 is offline Find More Posts by Kmmac1705
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
east central ohio
Joined Jan 2009
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmacro View Post
I purchased a second hand crawler and it has a NOVATECH RTR-12 ESC in it. Is this LiPo safe? How good of an ESC is it, should I replace it or use it till it dies?
Hanks for the help. I got it for my 4 year old daughter and I to play with. She loves my Jeep... Refuses to use the doors since she was 3. She insists on climbing up the rear tires and over the tub to get into her car seat. So she is going to go bonkers over this.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Her you go......http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/
rcairboater is offline Find More Posts by rcairboater