SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:46 PM
Bradenton, FL
Joined Dec 2009
135 Posts
Rave
NitroPlanes Customer Service A+

I know a lot of people complain about NitroPlanes customer service but I have to say, I have had nothing but good experiences with NitroPlanes CS. Yes, it takes a while to get thru but it's worth the wait. I have 3 Airfield planes that I have purchased from them and with 2 of the planes there were minor issues. On my 1400mm Corsair, one of the retracts did not work and NitroPlanes sent a new PAIR out right away without asking for the defective one back. Most recently, I purchased the P-51 V6 and the ESC was bad. I got an RMA number from them, mailed it back to them and within 7 business days a new ESC was at my door - they even soldered on a Deans connector for me!!! By the way, the P-51 advertises as a 50 AMP ESC, but my plane came with a 65 AMP ESC with a built in 5 amp BEC. I'm a happy customer!
land guru 1 is offline Find More Posts by land guru 1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:33 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
You are just ONE of the lucky ones. But your day is coming, sooner or later, they will get you too!
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:31 PM
United States, OR, Central Point
Joined Jul 2008
12 Posts
Give Nitroplanes a break!

If you have never been either self-employed, or ran a small business, you will find it surprisingly helpful that a little patience will go a LONG way with Nitroplanes staff. Michael Raiden is at the top of the heap, and all decisions seem to have to go through his office, so get in line, be a little patient, as I have found that every one of their customers with a problem will be taken well care of, just like I am today.
I agree that, in the past, and even 1 or 2 at present, who answer the phones, don't have very strong 'people personalities', but by the LOOKS of things, that is changing also... (-:
And? You get what you pay for. Don't expect the best of the best of everything in the box when we get to pay $169 for an 81" Twin Engine Seaplane, or $189 for a 76" Tiger Moth Biplane! These are $400 planes everywhere else! Some of these ARFs become the real reason God made CA and epoxy, and if that can't fix the prob, Nitroplanes Customer Service is VERY willing to make things right! But again, be a little patient, as most of us are. Remember: A nasty word posted about Nitroplanes in mistaken haste will linger wrongly so for years out here in Cyberspace...
ARF Basher is offline Find More Posts by ARF Basher
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:09 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,746 Posts
hay i am looking for some discount codes
nitro5
pricepickle

is all i can find need better please thanks
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Jul 2008
12 Posts
I have always looked for NP discount codes to no avail, though really, at those prices I can't complain. However, watch their website DAILY, as I just saw a 24 Hour sale with 14% off everything on their website! I wasn't ready to buy, so I'll have to wait for that to come around again. (14% off is a little better than free shipping on most their products...)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:47 PM
United States, LA, Blanchard
Joined Jan 2006
790 Posts
i Don't expect the best of the best of everything in the box, but i do expect the box to have the wings and nose gear mount,, and when they do answer the phone and you explane the problum that they don't just hang up on you.. someone emailed and asked for my name and area code, but i don't see a set of wings comeing. or the nose gear mount.
randynsaudi is offline Find More Posts by randynsaudi
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:10 AM
Joined Jul 2008
12 Posts
Sometimes Nitroplanes will simply initiate the fix and the next thing you know, your parts are showing up on your step. Write a polite letter to Michael Raiden who's e-mail is Raidenmichael@gmail.com and explain the facts, and then BE PATIENT. It is a big company, and the wheels turn slowly, but it will be tended to. Michael has treated me with good customer service. I have no complaints. (You may recognize the name, Raiden, as in Raidentech, as in Nitroplanes, as in CMP (china models production) If and when possible, send pictures, as pictures oftentimes tell the story on their own. I agree that Nitroplanes has some real losers answering the customer service phone sometimes, but once you get past them, its a good company for the most part.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:06 PM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
How are you supposed to be polite and nice when they don't answer emails or you get put on hold and then get disconnected?
crockett828 is offline Find More Posts by crockett828
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:34 PM
United States, LA, Blanchard
Joined Jan 2006
790 Posts
that's what i'm saying, i'm going on a month dealing with Nitro Planes on a plane that arrived without the wings or nose gear mount. have called at least a dozen times and after giveing my information and describeing the problum i get put on hold and hung up on..i did have one rep say that i should order another one and that would give me a set on wings and spare parts..
randynsaudi is offline Find More Posts by randynsaudi
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:18 PM
Lester Lindquist
United States, IA, Chariton
Joined Jun 2011
177 Posts
For every complaint there are 100s of happy customers. The happy ones just don't take time to post the positive experience. I will there was a way to get the happy customers to show positive feedback somehow. Also if you want everything to come out of the box with out every doing any mods or updates then go to the dealers that charge 4 times more. When I buy I go over everything with a fine tooth come and change anything I think could be a problem. I love that part of the hobby cause I love my bench time tinkering with planes just as much as flying.

So Nitro want to encourage each one working there and want to say how much I appreciate all the work you do and the great planes you provide, (although I have bought way to many but can't resist.) So when you hear discouraging posts on here just remember there are hundreds on here for each negative post that are very happy and love what you do for us.

PS. I can't wait till black Friday again. That is when I stock up big time

Thanks again
A loyal customer
Lester
FlyingHigh324 is offline Find More Posts by FlyingHigh324
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Jul 2008
12 Posts
I just went through what many would look at as a nightmare with Nitroplanes, but like I say, with a little patience, it all worked out. My 76" Tiger Moth arrived with a damaged wing. No problem, Nitro sent me another right away. Wrong wing. Even though my Tiger Moth is yellow, it came with 4 ailerons (top and bottom wing!) just like the silver Tiger Moth. The yellow (upper) wing they sent had no aileron. Eventually, both Nitroplanes and myself had to accept that my 4 aileron yellow Tiger Moth was a fluke and there were no replacement upper wings with ailerons now or possibly ever, and I wanted to get this ARF built. With some surgery, epoxy and plywood blocking, I was able to go in and fix the original broken wing, and Nitroplanes gave me free shipping on my next order, the 81" Canadair CL-415, which arrived in perfect condition, all parts accounted for! Free shipping is nothing to sneeze at with a model that large, so once again, and as long as a person is willing to work with them, Nitroplanes is awesome! Hands down, it remains my Number #1 place to buy my ARFs. I'm not bashing anyone, but if you have priced similar size ARFs with other popular companies, you will find twin engine planes of this class at least double (and more!) in price, and they too sometimes come with damaged parts that have to be replaced. Hanger 9's 82" Twin Otter ARF? $560 last time I looked, and you have to put your own floats on it. Check it out: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...er-arf-HAN4610 So you see, I personally want to do my part in making sure Nitroplanes is prosperous and around for a LONG time to come.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:33 AM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,116 Posts
I purchased my first model with them a 55" cessna. The prop shaft was stripped out of the box with a bad thread. Did the online chat thing and they replaced it within days. I was impressed!. So a month later purchased 3 more scale ARF's from them. First flight of my T28 and the gear failed half out on my first landing. So had to land as is. Lost the prop, hub mains all the gear doors and severely scratched and dented my fuse.

I have had numerous email exchanges with no joy. They said they would ship replacement parts and that was six months ago. They never have them in stock at Nitro but do have them at Hobbypartz. So I asked to be refunded for the parts and I would get them else ware. They said contact customer service for a refund. Well thats a joke I can never get them online or the phone. So I decided not to do business with them again. I now have purchased several Airfield scale planes from other vendors both in and out of country who have excellent service before and after the fact. SO for the sake of maybe $30 in parts. They have already lost $1K in future sales from me. Does not seem to make a good business model.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Ever noticed that the people that praise nitroplanes have very few posts?

In my opinion, I think these are new accounts that were setup to act as satisfied customers and praise the greatness of NPs. Kind of like people that work for or represent NPs and work to improve the reprotation of lousy customer service.

What's your opinion?

Frank
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Jul 2008
12 Posts
Frank! How did you guess? Well, anyway, I have to keep this short so I can get back to work for NP, going through perfectly good ARF kits and breaking things and stealing parts so people like you will have reasons to complain and proof of your conspiracies!
I would think its like this: because NP doesn't BUILD the ARFs, they don't carry spare parts and have to gut other kits to help us out. At some point, they wait for parts to appear, such as the terrifically long waits some people suffer. BUT: Its rather cut and dry: If you get a damaged shipment, and you were WISE enough to order on your Credit Card, either get a refund from NP asap, or 'dispute' it with the credit card company where, if you have the simplest of pictures of the damage to prove your case, you will have your money back with in an average of less than 60 days. That's how I order everything on the net.
And if you have justified cause due to damage and NP will not refund? I would NEVER do business with them again! But, like I have posted, though apparently not enough to YOUR liking, I have found NP quite willing, even though admittedly pretty slow at times, to meet me 1/2 way and keep me a happy customer.
As far as my selfish concerns? Yes. I have one. I want NP around for a LONG time, or until they start charging prices like all the others. Where else am I going to get a 76" Biplane or a 81" Twin Seaplane for $189?
Now, really, I need to get back to destroying perfectly good ARFs for you! .
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
It would seem to me, that if NP's wanted to satisfy their customers and want them to come back, they would check the boxes in inventory. If a kit as a damaged wing, then take the other items out and use the remainder of the box for spare parts. What is so hard about that?

Ok, so they lost a toy plane, with the parts they salvaged from the box, they gained several satisfied customers.

Seems like a good business plan.

Frank